Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 08:27   #31
God Member

Re: Bring the kids but you only get 2 drinks !

I can understand why they would need to deter the bringing of young children to their premises. Too many kids nowadays are hypo from the junk they are fed. It is just a shame that the families whose kids are capable of sitting still and quiet in adult company have to suffer too.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2008, 08:31   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It is just a shame that the families whose kids are capable of sitting still and quiet in adult company have to suffer too.
Well said Margaret.

I must admit I didn't read the article until I saw Willow's last post and assumed it was to do with behavioural issues. Having read the article it basically boils down to Wetherspoons making sure that they free up as many seats as possible as quickly as possible so they can sell more food, which is a better profit maker than drink
Old 05-01-2008, 11:57   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
does this mean only bad children should be allowed in
ha ha very funny I think I will change my nick name to typo

should read:

good: we don't want any children in pubs.... good or bad
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 13:44   #34
Resident Waffler

Quote:
I can understand why they would need to deter the bringing of young children to their premises. Too many kids nowadays are hypo from the junk they are fed.
All the more reason to encourage the bringing of children into decent eating establishments so they don't get used to a diet of junk - unless of course you meant to imply that Wetherspoons' food is junk.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 20:44   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
All the more reason to encourage the bringing of children into decent eating establishments so they don't get used to a diet of junk - unless of course you meant to imply that Wetherspoons' food is junk.
Wetherspoons have not banned children altogether. Families with children are welcome to go and have a meal and a couple of drinks. They just don't want the kids being in all afternoon.

What's wrong with that?
Old 05-01-2008, 20:53   #36
Resident Waffler

Nothing wrong with not wanting anyone in there all afternoon, child or adult, as there could be other people waiting for a table, but what happens if you want a desert but are thirsty and have already had a drink before your meal and a drink during the first course?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 20:55   #37
Senior Member+

All boils down to Wetherspoons making more money, used to take my daughter into the Postal Order in Blackburn regularly whilst on shopping trips, never been any trouble , usually have a couple of pints whilst food turns up and is eaten, never there for a session. I now think that their " family attitude" stinks and won't be visiting again with my child.
If my money is good enough for them when I am paying for 4 drinks and 2 meals why isn't it good enough 20 minutes later if I want a coffee?
Old 05-01-2008, 20:57   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Nothing wrong with not wanting anyone in there all afternoon, child or adult, as there could be other people waiting for a table, but what happens if you want a desert but are thirsty and have already had a drink before your meal and a drink during the first course?
Have the dessert and have a drink when you get home.

If you've had a drink before your meal and another one during first course you won't be parched, will you?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:25   #39

lets hope when we go abroad on holiday they dont have this .talk about tarnishing every parent with the same brush.every person should be treated on merit.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:13   #40
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

How many know Calder in Accrington don't allow children in at all, my Grand-daughter wanted to take the family out for a meal before returning to the Navy, but because of her 18 month old nephew they were refused service.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 18:01   #41
Senior Member+

You can take over 13 year olds into the Calder between 12 and 7; providing they are well behaved and having a meal, it's still at the managements discretion to admit them and the usual dress codes apply.
Old 07-01-2008, 18:07   #42
God Member

In Italian culture children are made a fuss of in restaurants (balloons tied to their chairs and that sort of thing). Italian life is far more family orientated - children accompany adults and learn appropriate behaviour from an early age. There is also a culture of family meals at tables daily, where children learn table manners.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:12   #43
God Member

Quote:
In Italian culture children are made a fuss of in restaurants (balloons tied to their chairs and that sort of thing). Italian life is far more family orientated - children accompany adults and learn appropriate behaviour from an early age. There is also a culture of family meals at tables daily, where children learn table manners.
I've seen them tie balloons to the childrens chairs at Frankie and Bennys, loads of families in there when I went. I have only been that one time and probably wont go again but it was a nice feel for families.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..