Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2011, 11:09   #1
I am Banned

Bus passes

Groove thinks its wrong that OAP's get free bus passes whilst the rest of society have to pay...also Groove thinks OAP's should remember that millions are on benefits( many through no fault of their own) yet dont complain about heating bills every winter...What makes them special to everyone else on low income?
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2011, 11:51   #2

Re: Bus passes

I think that the majority of OAP's have worked hard for many years and deserve to get a little something back. Can you really begrudge them a trip to Skipton? Also they cant use their passes at certain times so it is not as though they are taking up everybody elses places.

The problem is the bus companies use this as an excuse to increase prices for everybody else saying the OAP fares are not being subsidised enough by local councils. Utter tripe.

If I got a bus and Im the only person on and I pay £3.50. The bus company makes £3.50 for my travel from A to B.

If I got a bus and there is me and an OAP on the bus the bus company still makes £3.50 for my travel from A to B.

Theres no need to increase normal fares to compensate for OAPs!!! It's a poor do when the train has become cheaper then the bus to Blackburn and Burnley!
Old 30-10-2011, 12:01   #3
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Groove thinks its wrong that OAP's get free bus passes whilst the rest of society have to pay...also Groove thinks OAP's should remember that millions are on benefits( many through no fault of their own) yet dont complain about heating bills every winter...What makes them special to everyone else on low income?
Quote:
flashy,im 33,live up ormerod.st way n just been sacked from my job due 2 my reliance on illegal substances,hence my spending afternoons on ere lol.didnt know there was a profile section,will check it out ta

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 12:11   #4
God Member

Persons over 65 are unable to claim Disability Living Allowance.

The rates for the mobility component are:
lower rate - £19.55
higher rate - £51.40

Many person over 65 meet the criterion of the test 'virtually unable to walk' -
This test looks at your ability to walk out of doors on a normal flat surfaced pavement or road.
The following factors are taken into account :
distance walked
speed of walking
length of time taken
manner of walking
When stating how far you can walk remember that any walking done whilst you are experiencing severe discomfort does not count.
For example; you may be able to walk 100 metres but can only do the last 80 in severe discomfort.
It would be reasonable in this case to say you can only walk 20 metres.
Pain and breathlessness are also considered when assessing whether or not you experience severe discomfort.

So by providing a pensioner bus pass goes some way towards compensating the elderly for not getting DLA.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 12:38   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Groove commends Garinda on his research into Grooves past...Groove is now over his addiction problems so Garinda will have to seek another denominator for which to belittle Groove....Groove thinks Garinda really is pathetic and if he is unable to offer anything other than mudslinging, Groove suggests he keeps his opinions to himself.
Old 30-10-2011, 12:43   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Groove commends Garinda on his research into Grooves past...Groove is now over his addiction problems so Garinda will have to seek another denominator for which to belittle Groove....Groove thinks Garinda really is pathetic and if he is unable to offer anything other than mudslinging, Groove suggests he keeps his opinions to himself.
Any moral stance, taken against pensioners who worked hard all their lives, and contributed towards society, both morally and financially, will always be negated when made by someone who couldn't hold on to a job, due to their decision to make themselves unemployable, by choosing to take illegal drugs.

Old 30-10-2011, 12:46   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Groove is now over his addiction problems
Just the addiction to being a prat, to overcome now?

Old 30-10-2011, 12:48   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
They should bring ALL bus fares down and get 'em full. Hate seeing an empty bus or one with just a couple of people on. Those buses must be running at a loss. The only full buses you ever see are the school ones - imagine being the driver of one of them...no thanks!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 12:51   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Persons over 65 are unable to claim Disability Living Allowance.

The rates for the mobility component are:
lower rate - £19.55
higher rate - £51.40

Many person over 65 meet the criterion of the test 'virtually unable to walk' -
This test looks at your ability to walk out of doors on a normal flat surfaced pavement or road.
The following factors are taken into account :
distance walked
speed of walking
length of time taken
manner of walking
When stating how far you can walk remember that any walking done whilst you are experiencing severe discomfort does not count.
For example; you may be able to walk 100 metres but can only do the last 80 in severe discomfort.
It would be reasonable in this case to say you can only walk 20 metres.
Pain and breathlessness are also considered when assessing whether or not you experience severe discomfort.

So by providing a pensioner bus pass goes some way towards compensating the elderly for not getting DLA.
attendance allowance but i dont care about that, pensioners should be allowed free bus passes but people who are drug and alcohol dependant shouldnt
Old 30-10-2011, 12:51   #10
I am Banned

Groove now uses MAX taxis as they are cheaper door to door.....Groove thinks the local bus is dying out.
Old 30-10-2011, 12:51   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
What happened to your sense of humour?

Thought you liked a laugh and a joke?

Or is only it when the joke's at someone else's expense, and the joke isn't you?

Lighten up.

Old 30-10-2011, 12:55   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Groove thinks Groove really is pathetic and if he is unable to offer anything other than mudslinging, Groove suggests he keeps his opinions to himself.

Old 30-10-2011, 12:59   #13
Full Member+

Quote:
Groove now uses MAX taxis as they are cheaper door to door.....Groove thinks the local bus is dying out.
MAX taxis are taking over in Accy, they've even got their own MOT garage now.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 12:59   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
attendance allowance but i dont care about that, pensioners should be allowed free bus passes but people who are drug and alcohol dependant shouldnt
Totall agree. OAP's have more often than not contributed to the coffers of this country, not bled them dry like the spongers who choose to abuse their bodies
Old 30-10-2011, 13:02   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Totall agree. OAP's have more often than not contributed to the coffers of this country, not bled them dry like the spongers who choose to abuse their bodies
I've reported this post.

I think Lancsdave's account's been hacked by the Maundy Grange.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..