Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2005, 22:40   #16
Senior Member+

Re: By-election in Gt Harwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Jones
I think thats a bit low. I never saw any of that going on.
Maybe they don't keep you in the loop

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2005, 23:54   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
Do you have a life outside local politics Graham? I very nearly stood for councillor and am now grateful that I didn't.I only ask because everything you post on here is politically motivated and people may get the wrong impression!
i have been wondering the same thing for a while now,cos if you havent it will swallow you up mate,dont let that happen lifes to short.
Old 25-05-2005, 06:36   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
After unexpectedly losing the County seat she tried to get back her paid allowance positions at Hyndburn but they had already been carved up to others.
That makes it sound more like she was more interested in her income, than serving the people she was representing, excellent motivation for a Cllr.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 11:17   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
That makes it sound more like she was more interested in her income, than serving the people she was representing, excellent motivation for a Cllr.
Just what I was thinking
Old 25-05-2005, 13:19   #20
God Member

It would appear that most of the comments (above) relating to the Tory councillor are in response to the passing on of heresay and rumour from Graham. Councillor Jones seems to be a practitioner in the dark art of political spin. Well done, mate; Ali Campbell and Mandy Mandelson would be proud of you! However, If it is regretably true, then it is indeed a sad indicment of contemporary local government politics.

Graham's excuse for the labour leader debacle seems no more than a confession of Labour ill-prepardness. Surely the options on who would be acquiring what portfolio would have been worked out prior to the election; as such, as Ms battle was a potential candidate for the County cabinet then the title of Hyndburn Labour leader should have been relinquished prior to the election campaign.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 13:38   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
i have been wondering the same thing for a while now,cos if you havent it will swallow you up mate,dont let that happen lifes to short.
Accepted. I do other stuff than politics most of the time but I wouldn't want to bore you with my low golf handicap, love of football, this years ashes tour, gigs and bands I have seen this month, the latest indie stuff, arts and the like, where I am off to next and a whole host of private but interesting stuff. I have just contributed to a [non politcal] article for Londons Time Out magazine this week.
Graham Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 13:43   #22
God Member

Quote:
I have just contributed to a [non politcal] article for Londons Time Out magazine this week.

Thats out today. Should I pop over the road and spend 2 quid on a copy or are you going to tell us what it's all about & I can spend my money on a pint?
Old 25-05-2005, 14:29   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Accepted. I do other stuff than politics most of the time but I wouldn't want to bore you with my low golf handicap
Ah, where do you play your golf Graham

Albert Einstein.

Old 25-05-2005, 17:12   #24
I am Band

Question Re: By-election in Gt Harwood

Quote:
...gigs and bands I have seen this month, the latest indie stuff...
now I am intrigued, have you seen anyone good.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 12:41   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
It would appear that most of the comments (above) relating to the Tory councillor are in response to the passing on of heresay and rumour from Graham. Councillor Jones seems to be a practitioner in the dark art of political spin. Well done, mate; Ali Campbell and Mandy Mandelson would be proud of you! However, If it is regretably true, then it is indeed a sad indicment of contemporary local government politics.

Graham's excuse for the labour leader debacle seems no more than a confession of Labour ill-prepardness. Surely the options on who would be acquiring what portfolio would have been worked out prior to the election; as such, as Ms battle was a potential candidate for the County cabinet then the title of Hyndburn Labour leader should have been relinquished prior to the election campaign.
Utter rubbish, grow up Tealeaf.
Old 26-05-2005, 12:44   #26
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
now I am intrigued, have you seen anyone good.
Lots. Favourite three bands at the moment are The Paddingtons, Thee Unstrung and The Arctic Monkeys. With a bit of luck they might get some play in recently opened Attic. 'Under negotiation'.
Old 26-05-2005, 12:45   #27
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
Ah, where do you play your golf Graham
Bash. Do you play?
Old 26-05-2005, 12:53   #28
God Member

Quote:
Lots. Favourite three bands at the moment are The Paddingtons, Thee Unstrung and The Arctic Monkeys. With a bit of luck they might get some play in recently opened Attic. 'Under negotiation'.
All utter rubbish. it is time you grew up, Councillor Jones, and started listening to some decent music instead of this juvenile clap-trap.
Old 26-05-2005, 13:11   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Bash. Do you play?
A little Lol, been a member at G Haworth for years, you'll know Neil Eastwood then, and Rambo, two good golfing mates of mine. In fact am up there on Monday in the team event.

Albert Einstein.

Old 26-05-2005, 14:35   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
All utter rubbish. it is time you grew up, Councillor Jones, and started listening to some decent music instead of this juvenile clap-trap.
leave it out tealeaf, at least the guys shown he has a life!remember when i was young(just lol)my parents said exactly the same pmsl.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..