Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2007, 16:39   #1
Senior Member+

Car bomb found in london...

there's meant to be another car found too - not sure if its a bomb car or a getaway car...

A car bomb planted in central London would have caused "carnage" if it had exploded, police sources have said.
A controlled explosion was carried out on the car, packed with 60 litres of petrol, gas cylinders and nails, in Haymarket, near Piccadilly Circus.
An ambulance crew saw smoke coming from the green Mercedes, near the Tiger Tiger nightclub at 0130BST (1230GMT).
Two other areas of London, in Park Lane and Fleet Street, were cordoned off as suspicious vehicles were investigated.
City of London Police confirmed at 1700 BST (1600 GMT) that a stretch of Fleet Street was cordoned off between Fetter Lane and Ludgate Circus due to a suspicious vehicle.
Earlier a Scotland Yard spokeswoman said that Park Lane was closed at Marble Arch to Hyde Park Corner and a 200m cordon was in place.
Old 29-06-2007, 16:42   #2
God Member

Re: Car bomb found in london...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
there's meant to be another car found too - not sure if its a bomb car or a getaway car...

A car bomb planted in central London would have caused "carnage" if it had exploded, police sources have said.
A controlled explosion was carried out on the car, packed with 60 litres of petrol, gas cylinders and nails, in Haymarket, near Piccadilly Circus.
An ambulance crew saw smoke coming from the green Mercedes, near the Tiger Tiger nightclub at 0130BST (1230GMT).
Two other areas of London, in Park Lane and Fleet Street, were cordoned off as suspicious vehicles were investigated.
City of London Police confirmed at 1700 BST (1600 GMT) that a stretch of Fleet Street was cordoned off between Fetter Lane and Ludgate Circus due to a suspicious vehicle.
Earlier a Scotland Yard spokeswoman said that Park Lane was closed at Marble Arch to Hyde Park Corner and a 200m cordon was in place.
I saw this in the Times but I didn't bother to read it. I don't know why people feel the need to make bombs but it seems its getting more and more of a problem.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 16:51   #3
God Member

I was like, walking there last week

I guess we'll know more as it unfolds. Apparently another cars being examined now by bomb squad.
Old 29-06-2007, 16:54   #4
Resident Waffler

I hope this doesn't mean we are in for another episode.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 17:00   #5
Senior Member+

I THINK THE other cars are more cars they may have used to run away etc
Old 29-06-2007, 17:44   #6
Give, give, give member

We twice had our works do in Tiger Tiger in the Haymarket, the bar the bombs were left outside.

It was bad enough living with the IRA, three of whose bombs I heard go off, when I lived in London, as well as lone nutters like the nail bomber.

Nowhere is safe, but I'm so glad I don't live there now.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 19:29   #7

Just wait until they get their hands on nuclear materials.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 19:31   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
Just wait until they get their hands on nuclear materials.
who is they?! your not a personal friend of these people are you?!
Old 29-06-2007, 19:35   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I don't know why people feel the need to make bombs but it seems its getting more and more of a problem.
This simply isn't the case.
The media is causing a widespread panic based on isolated incidents, making the public believe there's a heightened risk of car bombs or knife attacks or being shot or whatever incident it is that week.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 19:44   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
This simply isn't the case.
The media is causing a widespread panic based on isolated incidents, making the public believe there's a heightened risk of car bombs or knife attacks or being shot or whatever incident it is that week.
as it was a car bomb,i think the alert is well justified.
Old 29-06-2007, 19:44   #11

Quote:
who is they?!
Islamofascists.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 19:58   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
Islamofascists.
Oh do they have suspects? I didnt think they knew who it was yet?

Hate to say this but people from any other religion can make bombs lol and I was aware of white terrorists long before I was ever aware of islamic ones.

As for deviance amplification, I should've known better I just got exploited lol. 1 nil to you shakermaker
Old 29-06-2007, 20:02   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
as it was a car bomb,i think the alert is well justified.
I'm saying that a media panic that convinces people that car bombs will be everywhere - based on this isolated case - is not justifiable.

The incident is of course very serious, but people shouldn't worry any more than usual about car bombs turning up!
There won't be any more or any less around than usual. Guarantee.
Old 29-06-2007, 20:07   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I'm saying that a media panic that convinces people that car bombs will be everywhere - based on this isolated case - is not justifiable.

The incident is of course very serious, but people shouldn't worry any more than usual about car bombs turning up!
There won't be any more or any less around than usual. Guarantee.
have you studied sociology by any chance? I just had an exam on this and now feel absolutely stupid that I fell for exactly what your pointing out im so dim at times
Old 29-06-2007, 20:16   #15
God Member

Quote:
have you studied sociology by any chance? I just had an exam on this and now feel absolutely stupid that I fell for exactly what your pointing out im so dim at times
I did, but I didn't do the topic of deviance. Dropped it after AS.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..