Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2009, 18:17   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Catching Mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Ill say it again like i said it before PEST MAGIC!!

Worked for me and never had one for 5 years now!
Trying to save up for them. Not doing well though
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2009, 18:19   #122
God Member

get one
Amazon.co.uk: pestclear 200

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 18:24   #123
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
not vey good reviews on that one
Old 23-01-2009, 18:27   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
not vey good reviews on that one
Mine is that brand and it works
I use the spider setting because that is my pest problem
There is a mosquito setting, should the weather ever get tropical

Old 11-07-2009, 21:48   #125
Senior Member+

Well, i'll be ringing environmental health again on monday think the little erm.... creatures (keeping it polite) are back. I thought at first I was just being paranoid as I havn't seen them or any evidence of them yet but I can deffinately hear them
Old 12-07-2009, 08:56   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Well, i'll be ringing environmental health again on monday think the little erm.... creatures (keeping it polite) are back. I thought at first I was just being paranoid as I havn't seen them or any evidence of them yet but I can deffinately hear them
They never came back after I started using the plug in deterrents, 2 years now, emzy
Old 12-07-2009, 09:03   #127
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
They never came back after I started using the plug in deterrents, 2 years now, emzy
Im thinking that the way forward, but dont want to waste my money on cheap ones (and yes, i guess I have had chance to save up for them but havnt because they had gone but going to save up now) Will call EH tomorrow and start saving for the plug ins
Old 12-07-2009, 09:35   #128
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Im thinking that the way forward, but dont want to waste my money on cheap ones (and yes, i guess I have had chance to save up for them but havnt because they had gone but going to save up now) Will call EH tomorrow and start saving for the plug ins
I still have spare ones emzy, there, there for free if you want them
Old 15-09-2009, 09:12   #129
God Member

I notice that this repeller is less than half price today at £19.18 P&P free
Pest-Stop 2000 (ultrasonic/electromagnetic repeller): Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

It is identical to the one I have - sends a pulse around the wiring and emits ultrasound

Old 15-09-2009, 09:39   #130

I got some of those plug-in ones too when I got a plague of mice from next door neighbours.........worked a treat
Old 15-09-2009, 10:00   #131
Senior Member+

I havn't tried it yet but Baking soda kills mice! I am thinking about giving it a try I havn't seen anymore yet but have proof that they are running about again and have heard them I have traps set but havnt caught anything in them this time.
Old 15-09-2009, 13:10   #132
Senior Member+

Being in the countryside I get invaded by field mice. Don't mind them in the garage/workshop but the house is a no-go area. I tried humane traps, took them half a mile away but still plenty of replacements. I resorted to poisoned bait - no more mice in house, no more ruined bedding or spoilt food. Might not be a nice way of doing it but an effective one.
Old 15-09-2009, 13:28   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Being in the countryside I get invaded by field mice. Don't mind them in the garage/workshop but the house is a no-go area. I tried humane traps, took them half a mile away but still plenty of replacements. I resorted to poisoned bait - no more mice in house, no more ruined bedding or spoilt food. Might not be a nice way of doing it but an effective one.
I had environmental health out who left little dishes of poison for them last year, after a few weeks it did seem to have worked but now they are back. My problem is now, being 12 months down the line my kids can now reach and open the cupboard doors where the poison was left for them so dont really want to go down that road again because i dont want the little ones getting their inquisitive little hands on it. They know that whats put down is "chemicals" and not to touch but being the age that they are at I dont really want to take the risk. They (the mice not the kids) have chewed at the edge of my carpets in places which is really annoying as the carpets arnt that old. I have plug ins but they dont seem to be keeping them away, I can still hear them and know that they are still there.
Old 15-09-2009, 13:37   #134
God Member

Quote:
I had environmental health out who left little dishes of poison for them last year, after a few weeks it did seem to have worked but now they are back. My problem is now, being 12 months down the line my kids can now reach and open the cupboard doors where the poison was left for them so dont really want to go down that road again because i dont want the little ones getting their inquisitive little hands on it. They know that whats put down is "chemicals" and not to touch but being the age that they are at I dont really want to take the risk. They (the mice not the kids) have chewed at the edge of my carpets in places which is really annoying as the carpets arnt that old. I have plug ins but they dont seem to be keeping them away, I can still hear them and know that they are still there.
If you have the cheaper plug ins that emit sound only, you only prevent them from moving into that 'beam of sound'. If the plug is situated behind furniture, the sound is just bouncing around in the small area behind that furniture.
The plug in that I use (see link) makes the electrical wiring of the ring circuit pulsate with a pitch that cannot be tolerated by them in every room where that wiring goes

Old 15-09-2009, 14:09   #135
Senior Member+

Quote:
I understand your problem - mine is an inquisitive little dog who regards anything on the floor as hers. I managed to find places where I could safely put it (safe for the dog that is). Try and determine where the mice could be entering, cable, pipe entries, and then if there are holes pour the bait down there, or put it in a corner with some heavy furniture in front of the bait dish. Best of luck.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..