Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 09:00   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Coming from Mars is so less complicated

You don't need to be a fisherman John......don't tell me that you never told your lady that you were going out for a swift half at 2pm and stumbled home at stupid o clock...most men that I know have done that trick. Beer goggles must inhibit the ability to check the time.......and Yes, Eric...I know that a swift half usually means the whole afternoon...but not midnight(or later).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You don't need to be a fisherman John......don't tell me that you never told your lady that you were going out for a swift half at 2pm and stumbled home at stupid o clock...most men that I know have done that trick. Beer goggles must inhibit the ability to check the time.......and Yes, Eric...I know that a swift half usually means the whole afternoon...but not midnight(or later).
Your joking, she'd cut me off by mi stocking tops Margaret
Old 10-07-2012, 09:59   #33
Beacon of light

And that would be a deterrent?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:14   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
And that would be a deterrent?
If you've met my other half Yes
Old 12-07-2012, 22:08   #35
God Member

Hey, this is one kraut who def has the rite idea

German mayor defends 'men only' parking spots - World - CBC News

Let's hear it for the Martians

What's complicated about the fact that women don't know how to park?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 06:46   #36
Beacon of light

Well Eric I was once told that it was because a man once showed a lady something and told her it was nine inches...this gave her a distorted sense of size and proportion.

I have to say...personally....and I drove for twenty five years or more....I never ever had any difficulty in parking my car.

It is a huge generalisation to say that women cannot park a car...and worse still to infer that it is because they are WOMEN......not that they have not had the appropriate driver education...because that is what it boils down to.
Practice when you are learning is the key. My driving instructor was like a dog with a bone......I had to do it until I was proficient at it.
Sorry to get on the soapbox Eric, but it was a slur agains those of us who can park.
Old 13-07-2012, 08:07   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hey, this is one kraut who def has the rite idea

German mayor defends 'men only' parking spots - World - CBC News

Let's hear it for the Martians

What's complicated about the fact that women don't know how to park?
Ya its been featured on Breakfast TV this morning, mind you I think you've won a do if you find a woman who can park between the white lines on a car park
Old 13-07-2012, 08:11   #38

Quote:
...It is a huge generalisation to say that women cannot park a car...
It's a huge generalisation to say that men can park a car. I've looked back at my parking three times in the last week and wondered if I should get back in and straighten up. One day it was so bad I actually did...

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 08:16   #39
Beacon of light

Yes, you are right......it is something that has to be taught...and if it isn't taught well then it doesn't matter what gender you are it will take you time to formulate your own strategies to do it well....to be fiar, I think some people are just lazy parkers......they know how to park but don't bother to do it well, for whatever reason.
I hate those who park with their vehicle halfway on the pavement. They do not realise that mothers with prams are inconvenienced...wheelchair users too.
Old 13-07-2012, 08:31   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yes, you are right......it is something that has to be taught...and if it isn't taught well then it doesn't matter what gender you are it will take you time to formulate your own strategies to do it well....to be fiar, I think some people are just lazy parkers......they know how to park but don't bother to do it well, for whatever reason.
I hate those who park with their vehicle halfway on the pavement. They do not realise that mothers with prams are inconvenienced...wheelchair users too.
Ha so you've been to look at Blackburn Road too Margaret
Old 13-07-2012, 14:05   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya its been featured on Breakfast TV this morning, mind you I think you've won a do if you find a woman who can park between the white lines on a car park
Right ... maybe if they painted the lines a prettier color

Whatever. Men don't dust; and women can't park. Mention to a man that he can't dust and he will just shrug his shoulders and wander off to the pub. Mention to women that they can't park and they leap onto soap boxes and vent, when they should be at home dusting. Bright side is, the roads and parking lots are safer when they are out of the way, jumping about on soapboxes. Men concentrate on their driving when they are parking; women look in their rear views, checking their makeup and looking for split ends, and park by ear.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 14:17   #42
Beacon of light

Eric....you are generalising...and this business about men shrugging their shoulders and women leaping onto their soap box and having a rant...is this meant to suppress healthy debate? Like when you call someone a racist, they shut up for fear of the PC brigade?
I can dust, but don't much care for it...and I can park a car..because it was taught to me very well by my driving instructor - more years ago that I care to remember.
He would tell me that there were just as many bad drivers in each gender. That some were so, because they had been badly taught...and that others had learned sloppy driving habits.....and had not much consideration for other road users.
Old 13-07-2012, 15:10   #43
Senior Member+

You need to come up near us when it's school start or finish time. The way some of the parents park with 75% of their vehicle on the pavement, not enough room for a pram, wheelchair or mobility scooter to pass. When I rang the police to say it was illegal I was told that they have nowhere else to park.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 15:18   #44
Beacon of light

So they have nowhere else to park...that makes it legal does it?
The police patrol the school near me and notices have gone up about illegal parking.
Parking on the pavement damages the paving stones.....and is hazardous to wheelchair users and prams....they have to go into the road to get around parked vehicles....a dangerous thing to do.
Old 13-07-2012, 17:15   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
You need to come up near us when it's school start or finish time. The way some of the parents park with 75% of their vehicle on the pavement, not enough room for a pram, wheelchair or mobility scooter to pass. When I rang the police to say it was illegal I was told that they have nowhere else to park.
Ya Frank and just remind me who is it that usually does the school runOh yes its mummy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..