Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2007, 11:18   #1

Community Directory

Yes I know I am a sad git,

I have just read the Community Directory that came with the Telegraph last night, and I have noticed all the other bouroughs have pictures of the mayor, however for Hyndburn we have Mr Self Publicist. Why?

Is there a good reason? does our current mayor not have a photo or is Mr Britcliffe the face of Hyndburn Council and the mayor is just an office and doesn't attend anything?

Or is it as I think and Mr Britcliffe will do anything to get his fizzog in any publication regardless as who it should be.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-06-2007, 11:24   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Community Directory

It's like a haunting isn't it? The ever present image.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 14:23   #3
Give, give, give member

In his defence, it may have nothing to do with Peter Britcliffe. Maybe the LET used his photograph because we are just in the middle of appointing a new mayor.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 14:25   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
In his defence, it may have nothing to do with Peter Britcliffe. Maybe the LET used his photograph because we are just in the middle of appointing a new mayor.

Words I never thought I would see, Garinda speaking in defence of Mr Britcliffe.

Last edited by Stanaccy; 30-06-2007 at 14:26. Reason: addition
Old 30-06-2007, 14:30   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanaccy View Post
Words I never thought I would see, Garinda speaking in defence of Mr Britcliffe.
It's actually the third time.

I've absolutely nothing personally against the man. I've posted before that I know as fact that he has gone out of his way to help people, both in and out, of his ward. It's his politics, and some of the daft ideas I have a problem with.

Old 30-06-2007, 14:46   #6
God Member

Quote:
It's actually the third time.

I've absolutely nothing personally against the man. I've posted before that I know as fact that he has gone out of his way to help people, both in and out, of his ward. It's his politics, and some of the daft ideas I have a problem with.

He's our councillor too and on occasions we've contacted him he has been very helpful.You hear a lot of people praising him for his helpfulness,they don't usually praise him on here though.Shall we start a Peter Britcliffe appreciation thread or is that going too far? LOL.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 14:51   #7

I will agree that local councillors do tend to be helpful and willing to assist. Obviously PB is one of those.

I agreewith Garinda though I would never vote for him and his policies grate on me constantly (apart from the planters ).

The reason why I started this threadwas that Hyndburn is the only borough in the directory that doesn't have the mayor of the locale's picture it has Peter Britcliffe and I have to say he does appear an amazing self publicist.
Old 30-06-2007, 14:52   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Shall we start a Peter Britcliffe appreciation thread or is that going too far? LOL.

Err...that's too far!

Old 30-06-2007, 14:56   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanaccy View Post
I will agree that local councillors do tend to be helpful and willing to assist. Obviously PB is one of those.

I agreewith Garinda though I would never vote for him and his policies grate on me constantly (apart from the planters ).

The reason why I started this threadwas that Hyndburn is the only borough in the directory that doesn't have the mayor of the locale's picture it has Peter Britcliffe and I have to say he does appear an amazing self publicist.
The reason is probably as Garinda said earlier on,that they don't have an official photo of Tony Dobson as Mayor yet.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 00:46   #10
Resident Waffler

Quote:

And that's a shining example of how people should be on AccyWeb too. We should be able to disagree about some points of view without it meaning that we have to fall out with the individual person and attack everything else that they say.

Someone told me tonight that they hate PB. I don't hate him. I don't even know the man so how could I hate him? But some of his ideas do drive me to despair.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..