Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2007, 16:48   #1
Senior Member+

More to show how pathetic the justice system is

Makes me sick.

Fury Over 'Pathetic' Sentence For Child Rapist - Yahoo! News UK

When are we going to show that any crime of this form will not be tolerated.
Old 25-06-2007, 17:02   #2
Senior Member+

Re: More to show how pathetic the justice system is

If it's the same story I heard earlier, then there's actually a lot more to this story than that report makes out.
Old 25-06-2007, 17:20   #3
God Member

i've heard this before too. The decision to buy her a new bike was an appalling idea when this case first came up in court.

Alot of decision seem very lenient but I am sure their is probably a very rational decision for it that we just dont get told.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 17:35   #4
Senior Member+

I believe the bicycle comment was the same judge, but a completely different case.

This 10 year old was apparently sexually active and was made-up to look at least 16. She approached the 24 year old man and initiated consensual sex, whilst telling him she was 16.

The key to the sentencing was the statement, "She looked 16, that was a matter that was accepted."

The prosecution has stipulated that the girl appeared to look 16, adding that to her provocative dress and behaviour, it's going to be hard for the judge to jail for an extended period.
The perpetrator had already served eight months in prison, so it's actually a one year sentence, possibly two.
Old 25-06-2007, 20:06   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I believe the bicycle comment was the same judge, but a completely different case.

This 10 year old was apparently sexually active and was made-up to look at least 16. She approached the 24 year old man and initiated consensual sex, whilst telling him she was 16.

The key to the sentencing was the statement, "She looked 16, that was a matter that was accepted."

The prosecution has stipulated that the girl appeared to look 16, adding that to her provocative dress and behaviour, it's going to be hard for the judge to jail for an extended period.
The perpetrator had already served eight months in prison, so it's actually a one year sentence, possibly two.
My goodness, a sexually active ten year old? Who the h*ll taught her? At that age I thought girls would be playing with dolls, perhaps somebody else needs investigating as well as the guy sentenced?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 20:27   #6
God Member

Quote:

Ah i think the sentence was pretty fair then. I reckon a few 24 yr olds would be tempted by a pretty 16yr old even if there is a biggish age gap. If he genuinely thought it was lawful sex and had no reason to doubt it then it would be more unjust to give him a huge sentence if you ask me. Its not like he had an unlawful intention.
Old 25-06-2007, 22:48   #7
Senior Member+

I wouldnt buy his blag.

His accomplice Darren Wright, 34, took her home and sexually assaulted her. They had sex within 45 minutes of meeting.

10 Years old, surely they knew she wasnt 16, and if they did believe that, then they still took advantage of a vunarable young girl.
Old 26-06-2007, 06:42   #8
God Member

a similar story about a young German kid who is in trouble in Turkey because of his involvment with a young English slag
Midnight Express Revisited: Turkish Romance Ends in Prison for German Teen - International - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 10:55   #9
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
a similar story about a young German kid who is in trouble in Turkey because of his involvment with a young English slag
Midnight Express Revisited: Turkish Romance Ends in Prison for German Teen - International - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News
Compulsive reading for anyone thinking of going on a 'cheap' Turkish jaunt, or of letting this medeaeval nation, the greater part of it being in Asia, into the EEC.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 14:31   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:

I heard James Whale prattling on the radio last night about this, saying there was more to the case than meets the eye, but I fell asleep before understanding it fully.

She is a ten year old child, and as such cannot give consent, therefore it is rape, and should be judged as such, in the severest means possible.

Whichever social/care workers who are responsible for this girl's welfare, in loco parentis, should be shot, or at the very least sacked.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 14:39   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
She is a ten year old child, and as such cannot give consent, therefore it is rape, and should be judged as such, in the severest means possible.
I feel sorry for young lads today. It must be really difficult to tell the difference between a 16 year old and a 14 year old. What about a 17 year old lad who has consensual sex with a 15 year old girl? Should that be judged as rape too (I don't mean legally, but morally)?

I'm not talking particularly about this case, as I would have thought that a 10 year old wouldn't be anywhere near developed physically enough to be mistaken for a 16 year old, but who knows?

The public are on the verge of an outcry everytime something like this occurs, but so many parents are happy to sexualise their children in the name of 'fashion'. Seems like double standards to me.
Old 26-06-2007, 14:46   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The public are on the verge of an outcry everytime something like this occurs, but so many parents are happy to sexualise their children in the name of 'fashion'. Seems like double standards to me.
She was in care, and is ten years old and sexually active.

We as a society have let her down.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 15:04   #13
Senior Member+

As I said, I'm not talking about this particular case.
Old 26-06-2007, 15:10   #14
God Member

There are alot of cases of young men mistakenly havign sex with underage girls. They dont intend to commit a rape, they intend to have sex with a girl they believe is 16 and legal. If the girl looks like she may have past as older to the court then they can be sympathetic to the situation and pass a lighter sentence.

Its not saying to rapists, go out and rape ten year olds and get way with it, because thats not what happened in this case. It was more a case of mistake.
Old 26-06-2007, 15:38   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Exactly.

Quote:
I feel sorry for young lads today. It must be really difficult to tell the difference between a 16 year old and a 14 year old. What about a 17 year old lad who has consensual sex with a 15 year old girl? Should that be judged as rape too (I don't mean legally, but morally)?
Rape is Rape. Consensual sex is not rape.

Underage sex (As in the first thred) is totally wrong, when there is a 10 year old girl and two adult males, one 24 and the other 34, the later having sex within 45 mins of meeting her. My word he did his homework didnt he made sure that she was of consentual age or just wanted in because his mate told him how gullable she was.

Surely they knew the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Its not saying to rapists, go out and rape ten year olds and get way with it, because thats not what happened in this case. It was more a case of mistake.
Mistake, I still cant beliveve it.

Happen they should send her out let see how many places would of sold her a lottery ticked/Scratch card or even sold her cigaretts.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..