Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2007, 18:15   #31
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: More to show how pathetic the justice system is

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I don't think was a very serious case compared to many and whilst its easy enough to just make your own assumptions, you aren't meant to make assumptions in the court room like that, your meant to make decisions based on fact.

Judges have a very difficult job and they can't please everyone. There are worse decisions than this one.
Not a serious case? Two men 'rape', a ten year old child, (no matter how you view her willingness that has got to be what it should be called, these men have no excuse and should not be able to pretend they have), so far as I understand sex with an under sixteen year old is illegal, (especially when it involves a grown man), and sex with a child under 12 is supposed to carry even graver consequences!

The only worse decision that there could possibly be would be after their act they had murdered her and because they apologise to the court they would be released because they promised not to do it again.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-06-2007, 18:29   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Not a serious case? Two men 'rape', a ten year old child, (no matter how you view her willingness that has got to be what it should be called, these men have no excuse and should not be able to pretend they have), so far as I understand sex with an under sixteen year old is illegal, (especially when it involves a grown man), and sex with a child under 12 is supposed to carry even graver consequences!

The only worse decision that there could possibly be would be after their act they had murdered her and because they apologise to the court they would be released because they promised not to do it again.
I said compared to many. There are even worse cases than this.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 18:36   #33

Quote:
I said compared to many. There are even worse cases than this.
I know you said that and I am saying you are wrong, wrong, wrong! This was a very bad judgement on a very serious crime against a child or have I and many like me been under the illusion that sex with children isn't a crime at all?

I find your attitude towards protecting young members of your own sex unbelievable.

How you can continue with this line of 'reasoning' is ridiculous.
Old 27-06-2007, 18:39   #34
God Member

Quote:
I know you said that and I am saying you are wrong, wrong, wrong! This was a very bad judgement on a very serious crime against a child or have I and many like me been under the illusion that sex with children isn't a crime at all?

I find your attitude towards protecting young members of your own sex unbelievable.

How you can continue with this line of 'reasoning' is ridiculous.
I meant there are WORSE scenario's than this, not that it isn't a crime. I.E the case not so long back of the raped baby. In comparison that is much worse.

Do I need to give examples of horrible stories with every think i say so then people understand my points. I'm a law student, I'm bound to say some cases are worse than others and that there are worse decisions that others. Just because I said there are worse than this particular case doesn't mean i'm saying this one isn't bad. I think your reading in between the lines of everything I say too much and interpreting it wrong.
Old 27-06-2007, 18:49   #35

Quote:
I meant there are WORSE scenario's than this, not that it isn't a crime. I.E the case not so long back of the raped baby. In comparison that is much worse.

Do I need to give examples of horrible stories with every think i say so then people understand my points. I'm a law student, I'm bound to say some cases are worse than others and that there are worse decisions that others. Just because I said there are worse than this particular case doesn't mean i'm saying this one isn't bad. I think your reading in between the lines of everything I say too much and interpreting it wrong.
Oh, so sorry, here you are a law student, obviously you have more common sense and experience than an old fool like me that spent his time blundering through life not learning anything and always claiming, "It's not my fault your honour, if only I had spent my teens as a law student I would never have been so ignorant as to have commited my latest crime".

Come on girl, give me a little benefit of the doubt don't just write me off as stupid and then I might think education isn't being wasted on you, as it is you make no sense to me at all!

Old 27-06-2007, 18:54   #36
God Member

Quote:
Oh, so sorry, here you are a law student, obviously you have more common sense and experience than an old fool like me that spent his time blundering through life not learning anything and always claiming, "It's not my fault your honour, if only I had spent my teens as a law student I would never have been so ignorant as to have commited my latest crime".

Come on girl, give me a little benefit of the doubt don't just write me off as stupid and then I might think education isn't being wasted on you, as it is you make no sense to me at all!

Then stop referring to me as not caring about raped little girls just because I said there are worse cases. I didn't say this wasn't a crime, I said it could've possibly used the defence of mistake which could've resulted in the reduced sentence. Stop with your patronising ageist crap and stop reading what isn't there.
Old 27-06-2007, 18:59   #37

Quote:
Then stop referring to me as not caring about raped little girls just because I said there are worse cases. I didn't say this wasn't a crime, I said it could've possibly used the defence of mistake which could've resulted in the reduced sentence. Stop with your patronising ageist crap and stop reading what isn't there.
How would you like a job as Tony Blaires aid in his new job working as his assistant 'peace envoy', I'm sure he could use your natural skills in diplomacy.

P.S. we aren't allowed to say,
Quote:
'crap'
on site, it will probably mean a ban for both of us.
Old 27-06-2007, 19:07   #38
God Member

Quote:
How would you like a job as Tony Blaires aid in his new job working as his assistant 'peace envoy', I'm sure he could use your natural skills in diplomacy.

P.S. we aren't allowed to say, on site, it will probably mean a ban for both of us.
Tony Blair already has law qualifications as does his wife who is a highly regarded QC in contract law. I doubt I'd be very useful.

And why cant you say crap? I've seen worse things said on the forum and nobodies said a thing?
Old 27-06-2007, 19:13   #39

Quote:
I doubt I'd be very useful.

At Last, A Statement From You I Can Agree With!

Old 27-06-2007, 19:16   #40
God Member

Quote:
At Last, A Statement From You I Can Agree With!

To be fair I doubt you'd be very useful either. Now we have something in common. The more you pick on me the more I think we should be friends

How old are u less?
Old 27-06-2007, 19:18   #41

Quote:
To be fair I doubt you'd be very useful either. Now we have something in common. The more you pick on me the more I think we should be friends

How old are u less?
Old enough to know better, but too old to change.
Old 27-06-2007, 19:18   #42
Senior Member+

If there was reasonable doubt that the girl could have been mistaken for 16, then the prosecution would have acted on that. As it was, even the prosecution agreed that the girl could have been taken for 16.

Nobody who is making these wild claims on here has seen the girl or how she looked. How can you make the claims that you are doing? People who saw her said she looked older than she was. She was already experienced and sexually active. I think some of you are confusing this girl with the ideal 10 year old.
Old 27-06-2007, 19:20   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
If there was reasonable doubt that the girl could have been mistaken for 16, then the prosecution would have acted on that. As it was, even the prosecution agreed that the girl could have been taken for 16.

Nobody who is making these wild claims on here has seen the girl or how she looked. How can you make the claims that you are doing? People who saw her said she looked older than she was. She was already experienced and sexually active. I think some of you are confusing this girl with the ideal 10 year old.
I'm confusing her with a ten year old that needs to be protected against her own and other peoples mistakes a basic right surely for any child?
Old 27-06-2007, 19:22   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'm confusing her with a ten year old that needs to be protected against her own and other peoples mistakes a basic right surely for any child?
I agree that she needed to be protected, but it's not as black and white as it seems.
Old 27-06-2007, 19:29   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I agree that she needed to be protected, but it's not as black and white as it seems.
I got to agree with you, a jury is made up of ordinary people like everyone on accyweb and they all would've had to come to a majority decision that that man wasn't as criminal as your typical child rapist.

It may not be realistic that a ten year old looked 16 but how realistic is it that a ten year old has sexual experience in normal society? Doesnt this just show that anything is possible.

Nobody is saying don't protect her but she has been brought up to act in this disgraceful way and a man is being punished for being manipulated and lied to by her. They're both in the wrong, hence the lenient sentence.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..