Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2006, 18:57   #61
God Member

Re: Cooking...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Hmmmmm well it's loaded with treacle, loaded with brown sugar, oatmeal, eggs ect..... so the calories might be a problem lol.
THat sounds like heaven. Slinks i am getting VERY JEALOUS of those who will be there.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2006, 18:59   #62
God Member

Quote:
Hmmmmm well it's loaded with treacle, loaded with brown sugar, oatmeal, eggs ect..... so the calories might be a problem lol.
Oh well, I couldn't possibly not try it though, wouldn't want you to feel that I didn't like it... so will try my best to eat a piece or two....yeah right and the rest, lol

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 19:00   #63
Resident Waffler

Don't bother getting jealous by the time they've shared it out there'll only be a crumb each. Poor Less and Mick think they're getting it all to themselves.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 19:01   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Don't bother getting jealous by the time they've shared it out there'll only be a crumb each. Poor Less and Mick think they're getting it all to themselves.
hey willow seeing as you and bus man can't make it do you want me to try a piece for you both???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 19:05   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I was actually thinking the same!!!! maybe I should have made more of the stuff now!!! but i'm working tomorrow til 8pm.....so what I have made will have to go around!!! will make more next time.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 19:09   #66
God Member

Quote:
I was actually thinking the same!!!! maybe I should have made more of the stuff now!!! but i'm working tomorrow til 8pm.....so what I have made will have to go around!!! will make more next time.
Please give me plenty of warning abut the next time.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 29-09-2006, 19:10   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Please give me plenty of warning abut the next time.
I would like more warning myself lol.....I didn't even know I was going the meet til about 2:30 this afternoon.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 29-09-2006, 20:52   #68
God Member

Well I have just checked the treacle toffee and it's still quite SQUIDGY.....so don't think my first attempt at that has worked!!! ah well ......... all trial and error

Miracles do happen!!

Old 29-09-2006, 20:54   #69
Resting in Peace

Well slinky give that batch to Neil once in his mouth we will not here anything from him for the rest of the night
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 20:57   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Well slinky give that batch to Neil once in his mouth we will not here anything from him for the rest of the night
Hehehe what a bloody good Idea Mick

Miracles do happen!!

Old 30-09-2006, 02:47   #71
Yank in King Art's Court!

Hey Slinky, here is a recipe from an Ashton site. Is this very similar to how you did yours?

Brian

LANCASHIRE PARKIN
You Need:10tablespoons of flour
10tablespoons of oatmeal
5tablespoons of sugar
3good tablespoons black treacle
227g lard
3teaspoons ground ginger
2teaspoons baking powder
1egg (or 1teaspoon egg powder)
3good tablespoons Golden Syrup
In a saucepan melt,syrup and treacle in a teacup of milk,but do not boil.In a large mixing bowl mix dry ingredients,add liquid and mix well.
Bake in well greased roasting tin in very slow oven at least 3 hours;do not open oven door for first hour.when cooked cover tin with clean tea towel and leave to stand for two days before eating.Cut pieces from tin as required

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 11:06   #72

hi all the curry is on the go so get ready for ring sting i hope you all like a hot one it will take all day to cook
GINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 11:31   #73
Resting in Peace

Anyone going to the stag tonight could someone please bring paper plates and dishes and plastic spoons for the curry thankyou
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 11:36   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGER
hi all the curry is on the go so get ready for ring sting i hope you all like a hot one it will take all day to cook
Another cullinary delight I am going to miss out on.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 08:00   #75
God Member

So you scoffed all the cake then? Was it good?

I was half expecting a crumbled up piece of cake on my door mat this morning but clearly the Ossy contingency were too tipsy to remember little old me. Perhaps next time!!!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..