Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2007, 21:46   #301
God Member

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
Gayle,

I am restricted in what I am able to do.
Interesting comment.

How about one of the following reasons;

An employee of Hyndburn Council

A sitting councillor ( although without reading back through the thread I think you ruled that one out)

A prospective candidate in a future election, local or national ?

PB himself
Old 30-03-2007, 21:49   #302
God Member

Quote:
Gayle,

You decided to run for the position of Councillor once. Now, had you been elected, what would you have done about this matter?

Well, let me put it this way. There is nothing stopping you from doing the same without being a Councillor. I am restricted in what I am able to do. It is not out of a sense of complacency.
You seem to be making the assumption that I'm doing nothing at the moment.

However, I too am restricted in some ways.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 21:50   #303

If it is PB he is getting someone else to write his speeches for him.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 21:58   #304
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Accymel,

Look here. What on earth is your point.
Have you not noticed all the way through, that is what you have been asked?
You claim to know, but you divulge nothing, you annoy, but you do not put any salve on the wound by answering either your own or other peoples questions. As has been mentioned before, Ianto is the only one that has consistently repeated the questions relevant to this post and you even ignore him most of the time!

We, and so far as you are concerned me, I am just fed up with you stirring in a pool that already has brought itself to public notice but you do nothing else even though you started this thread there is nothing that is worthwhile, you add, nothing, you reveal, nothing, in fact you do, nothing that is of use to the rest of us, this may be because your world is perfect and the rest of us are too stupid to know what it's like, but hey, slow down, we are the ones that live in the real world and it ain't perfect but we do at least have lives.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 22:01   #305
Senior Member+

So far this rather irritating little man has managed to insult nearly everybody on this thread, nay this board. I have come to some conclusions..
1. He was bullied at school and now can hide behind a secret identity and feel superior to everyone on here.
2, He was never picked for a team, unless it was to go in goal. (the fat kid, the kid with glasses)
3. As he never actually answers any questions, even to the ones he poses, he is obviously not in the know as he claims.
4. He pretends to be interllectually adroit, but makes simple mistakes, ie American spellings, from maybe, dictionary.com or something similar.
5. The stone he crawled from under is full of little men with chips on their shoulders and an inferiority complex. The way he attacks the women on this thread is proof of his inadequateness.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 22:04   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
So far this rather irritating little man has managed to insult nearly everybody on this thread, nay this board. I have come to some conclusions..
1. He was bullied at school and now can hide behind a secret identity and feel superior to everyone on here.
2, He was never picked for a team, unless it was to go in goal. (the fat kid, the kid with glasses)
3. As he never actually answers any questions, even to the ones he poses, he is obviously not in the know as he claims.
4. He pretends to be interllectually adroit, but makes simple mistakes, ie American spellings, from maybe, dictionary.com or something similar.
5. The stone he crawled from under is full of little men with chips on their shoulders and an inferiority complex. The way he attacks the women on this thread is proof of his inadequateness.
Yes, I admit it, it's me.
Old 30-03-2007, 22:22   #307
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes, I admit it, it's me.
Blast thats my theory out of the window, I always thought you were Garinda.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 22:23   #308
God Member

No, that's me.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 22:29   #309
God Member

Stop Press from Reuters News:... the Scaitcliffe House "mole" has been identified !!

Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 22:32   #310

Daddy where you been?

Old 31-03-2007, 05:10   #311
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So the answer to the question that this thread posed is - the majority are not fit for purpose....with the exception of Clare Pritchard who stood up to the main body of the committee.
No disrespect to Clare but we are judging her on this one issue. She might be as bad as the rest on other matters, she might not be of course. I for one hope she treats all her duties in the same manner as she treated this.
Old 31-03-2007, 09:44   #312
Beacon of light

No Neil.... in the context of the thread, which overlaps the one about the taxi driver(s).......Clare Pritchard was the only one who showed any common sense/judgement.......so, in that context she does prove fit for purpose.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 13:45   #313
God Member

This has gone on longer than "The Moustrap", or does it just feel like it has? Anyway, what have we learned?

That HBC is peopled with councillors of all flavours who are in positions for which they are not sufficiently intellectually, morally or ethically equipped.

Which is nothing strange.

That several councilors of an Asian persuasion exhibit a degree of partiality that would, were it to occur anywhere else, attract accusations of favoritism and possibly dishonesty and might also attract the attentions of the constabulary.

Which, it must be said, is nothing new.

That we have a leader of the council who is such a stranger to the truth that he feels absolutely no compunction in offering an investigation knowing that he can always gerrymander the outcome if it does not suit his purposes.

Which is neither strange nor new.

After having lived with the excesses practised by Nigel D. Macgregor, George Slynn and Brian - sorry Nigel Rix, nothing that this bunch of fools does surprises me anymore. True there are one or two shining lights on HBC, there always have been, but they are usually snuffed out in a year or two, buried by the dead hand of procedure and, to borrow a phrase, "Old Spanish Customs".

I applaud the suggestion that the more public spirited among us gather together a petition to press for a more open investigation, however naive that may be. Nothing will come of such a course of action because it is not in any member of HBC's interest to allow anything to come of it. Because once you let the sh*t hit the fan, there is no telling where it will land and the smell attracts attention to all sorts of things that perhaps some would prefer to remain unnoticed.

Gondola's posts have been diverting and they have certainly served to wake a few of us up. But, when you look closely at what has been said, you find that there is very little meat on the bones that he has graciously cast our way. I appreciate that for an employee of HBC it can be difficult to be as open as one would like, but there are ways of blowing the whistle, if that is gondola's intention, that would not lead to his identification. For example, if I wished to quote scripture at someone, but could not be bothered with remembering the quote verbatim, merely mentioning the chapter and verse where the full passage could be found would more than adequately suffice. If gondola whishes us to know in detail the sins and shortcomings of the town's Fathers and their paid lackeys then might it not be better to tell us where to look so that we may uncover the dread truth for ourselves?

That way he keeps his hands clean and lives to whistle another day.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 31-03-2007 at 13:51.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 16:09   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
No disrespect to Clare but we are judging her on this one issue. She might be as bad as the rest on other matters, she might not be of course. I for one hope she treats all her duties in the same manner as she treated this.
As someone who knows Clare very well, I say, in all honesty that Clare is an extremely hard working and dedicated councillor, who treats all her duties in the same manner she treated the taxi licensening commmitee.

Before I am accused of any political bias, there are other councillors from both Tory and Labour, who are also hard working and dedicated.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 17:14   #315
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
As someone who knows Clare very well, I say, in all honesty that Clare is an extremely hard working and dedicated councillor, who treats all her duties in the same manner she treated the taxi licensening commmitee.
I am glad to hear that. I meant that I personally can't comment on her overall performance from just this one incident. She does look promising though.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..