Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2007, 19:13   #331
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
A simple step by step guide to those who repeat banal lines such as ‘’ this thread leaves me bored’’

Just give us the facts, if you have any, put up or shut up! We don't need you to drag it out.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2007, 19:15   #332
I am Banned

less,

Close the door on your way out.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 19:18   #333

Quote:
less,

Close the door on your way out.

I don't think you are in any position to tell anyone what to do, treat the site and it's members a little better and you may find some surprising results, until then, I suggest you leave until you can behave.
Old 02-04-2007, 19:24   #334
I am Banned

Less,

I think you would benefit from taking your own advice. It was you that directed abuse at me. Read your post again, since you seem to be suffering from a bout of amnesia.
Old 02-04-2007, 19:28   #335

Quote:
Less,

I think you would benefit from taking your own advice. It was you that directed abuse at me. Read your post again, since you seem to be suffering from a bout of amnesia.
If you check the only other thread you seem to bother with, it is you that started by being abusive to accyweb members, so please remain on your high horse just ride it out of town.
Old 02-04-2007, 19:44   #336
g78

Quote:
For the avoidance of doubt, I have not divulged any information to Acrylic Bob, though he is right in that I did send a PM to him.

Those to whom I have sent the information strike me as having sufficient moral fibre not to breach the informal agreement not to repeat the content.
Incidentally, this information was not exchanged on accyweb. Amongst other things, the telephone and face to face meeting also exist.
Yep they do exist. But if you had someone else to actually support and back you up, then your posts may have a bit more credability.
As I said before, I am not bothered about the person telling me actual details - just someone to state you are genuine and that you really do have something to say (even though you aren't actually saying it).

For all I know you may well be 100% genuine, and if you are then thats fine and I wish you all the best, but so far I haven't seen anything to prove this.
Old 02-04-2007, 22:21   #337
Give, give, give member

I'm still waiting to hear why our own over inflated ego that is Linda Lovelace, oops, meant Deepthroat, thought I'd been banned from the site?

As for people complaining of being bored, if your act of self importance, was being played out at the Glasgow Empire, instead of dear old Accy Web, you'd have been pelted with enough fruit and veg by now to open a stall on the market.

Do try a little harder to keep us interested, or I'll start handing out little mirrors to check if everyone's still breathing.

Thread rating so far-
started well, but peters out towards the middle. 3/10.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 00:25   #338
Resting in peace

Quote:
garinda, I'm still waiting to hear why our own over inflated ego that is Linda Lovelace, oops, meant Deepthroat, thought I'd been banned from the site?
I must admit garinda I was confused about that, I arrived on the site after this happened, and am still confused, was it something to do with a fashion show at the Town Hall?, and as I know not the site you were excluded from. Without wanting to make the thread wander to much, as I think gondola has the wrong end of the stick on this.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:42   #339
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'm still waiting to hear why our own over inflated ego that is Linda Lovelace, oops, meant Deepthroat, thought I'd been banned from the site?

As for people complaining of being bored, if your act of self importance, was being played out at the Glasgow Empire, instead of dear old Accy Web, you'd have been pelted with enough fruit and veg by now to open a stall on the market.

Do try a little harder to keep us interested, or I'll start handing out little mirrors to check if everyone's still breathing.

Thread rating so far-
started well, but peters out towards the middle. 3/10.
I think he was trying to say that you were banned from the event, not from the site but as I've almost lost the will to live I can't be sure.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 13:34   #340
God Member

Yo!!!!!!!!!! This is lovely stuff! Accy has it's very own "Deep Throat". When do the camera's move in?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 14:31   #341
Senior Member+

Oh what a happy and jovial thread Someone pass me a 'cut throat' razor for my wrists
Old 03-04-2007, 14:58   #342
Beacon of light

OK.......Just don't bleed on the best bit of brussels (carpet).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 15:02   #343
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
OK.......Just don't bleed on the best bit of brussels (carpet).
LOL Good job you put carpet in brackets otherwise I'd have been trying to avoid your vegetables Margaret
Old 03-04-2007, 17:28   #344
Beacon of light

I thought that you might....don't know why carpet was known as Brussels in our house.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 21:00   #345
I am Banned

Originally Posted by Ianto.W.
In my opinion gondola needs no lessons in social skills, as they are coming out of his ears, can you not for one moment think why not one of our so called esteemed councillors has even dared to contribute to this thread, if I am wrong I will stand corrected. please my fellow members put your prejudices to one side. Forget the basic mistakes gondola has made. IE. pond life, etc, these are basic mistakes that deep thinking people make. This man has a lot to offer you, if you will not seek to judge him to harshly. IAN.

Ianto is indeed right. Why is it that not one of the councillors that appear on these threads has even attempted to question the fact that I may be even slightly wrong. In fact Councillor Jones admitted to me that I had a better awareness than he of what had actually taken place in relation to the selection of Mr Safdar and matters that took place thereafter.

I jest not. The facts on the other thread, and those here are compelling. If readers have the interests of Hyndburn at stake, then reject them at your peril.

So come on councillors of Hyndburn, tell me I am wrong. Tell me that the internal selection process this year at the Labour Party was not flawed in terms of having a candidate nominated even though they considered him as having no integrity. Tell me that nobody resigned from any positions as part of their cabinet portfolios in dubious circumstances in recent years. Tell me there are no more skeletons in the cupboard. Tell me that it is right to have a Councillor on the Safety and Well being committee that thinks it is safe for convicted persons to be granted access to vulnerable members of society.
Can they? No, thought not

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..