Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 21:49   #361
I am Banned

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
There are only two ways of telling the complete truth - anonymously and posthumously.
You wouldnt know the meaning of that if it rammed itself up your bum orrifice!!! Mr Mystery!

So come on ..... honesty & all that ....who are you???? & what do u want with accyweb ??
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2007, 21:52   #362
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Your'e not playing the game properly Gayle. When you ask a question you are supposed to answer it yourself straight away aren't you ? No, thought not
Ah, you see that's where I went wrong, I didn't realise it was a game! Would anyone care to explain the rules to me? No I thought not!

Btw Gondola, that is not me attempting to skew the direction of the thread in any way, it is simply Lancsdave and I have a light hearted aside.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 00:03   #363
Senior Member+

Quote:
A simple step by step guide to those who repeat banal lines such as ‘’ this thread leaves me bored’’
1) If you are bored, go and view another thread that does not leave you bored. It is a simple concept called choice
2) You obviously cannot justify a complaint of ‘this is the most boring thread’ unless it is the first time you have visited it. The fact that readers return and read this suggests it must generate some interest for them.
3) Surely those suggesting such poppycock must be bored, but not due to the contents of this thread. If they are bored then surely they can find the time to do something more interesting, such as
a) read another thread
b) create their own thread
c) do some gardening
d) have a hot cup of soup, and so on.
Having watched big brother for a moment several years ago, it left me bored. Thus I have never felt the urge to watch it again. However, if I was glued to it and get phoning in to cast votes for the contestants, it would be remarkably rich of me to then state that the show leaves me bored.
Double standards are the hallmark of some on here. Such standards leave me bored.

What a pretentious little ...... (add any word that sums up your opinion of the weasel)

1. Simply concept called sod off
2. Just waiting for you to actually tell the truth and mention something of intrest instead of beating about the bush.
3. Read all the threads, created more then you no time, on here waiting for you to actually tell us something.
4.double standards, you mean like, I am going to let the cat out of the bag....................... Well I'm not really I'm going to just keep pretending I am. That sort of double standard?
oh yeah, Hallmark make cards.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:05   #364
Beacon of light

The way gondola talks round in circles makes me suspect he IS a politician.....he can waffle for The Olympics....and say nothing concrete. It is all smoke and mirrors. More turns than a corkscrew.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:39   #365
Beacon of light

Ianto asks us to put our prejudices aside.......and tells us that Gondola made a few BASIC mistakes. I take issue with this..... a basic mistake is to post in a wrong thread....or to perhaps 'thread wander'(something that we all do from time to time - like now, perhaps).....and I have to say that accyweb members are very patient and tolerant when new members transgress in such a way.
I don't consider insults and rudeness to be basic mistakes......after all courtesy costs nothing.....and courtesy is a social skill and considered a sign of maturity. Take your own conclusions from this.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:48   #366
I am Banned

True Margaret even thro this Ianto tried to give him the benefit of the doubt & yet he threw it back in Ianto's face & duplicated it in more than one thread, just says it all of the type of person he actually is
Old 04-04-2007, 12:52   #367
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Ianto asks us to put our prejudices aside.......and tells us that Gondola made a few BASIC mistakes. I take issue with this..... a basic mistake is to post in a wrong thread....or to perhaps 'thread wander'(something that we all do from time to time - like now, perhaps).....and I have to say that accyweb members are very patient and tolerant when new members transgress in such a way.
I don't consider insults and rudeness to be basic mistakes......after all courtesy costs nothing.....and courtesy is a social skill and considered a sign of maturity. Take your own conclusions from this.
your 100% right Margaret, I would like to think that my post as you refer to would, or will solicit an apology from him, as in my opinion the members are entiled to expect, I think he will eventually get round to the point he wants to make, but can't it seems to me do it yet for reasons known only to himself.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 13:06   #368
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
You wouldnt know the meaning of that if it rammed itself up your bum orrifice!!! Mr Mystery!

So come on ..... honesty & all that ....who are you???? & what do u want with accyweb ??
Come on Mel there is only one'MR MYSTERY'
Old 04-04-2007, 13:08   #369
Beacon of light

at the risk of offending other members I am going to use a phrase my dear old dad would have used in similar circumstances, and exhort Gondola to 'either crap, or vacate the pot'......not very ladylike, I know.....but short and to the point.
Old 04-04-2007, 13:08   #370
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
Come on Mel there is only one'MR MYSTERY'
MT i think theres stiff competition going on mind u FC's mystery is no way as mysterious as Gondys
Old 04-04-2007, 13:10   #371
I am Banned

Quote:
at the risk of offending other members I am going to use a phrase my dear old dad would have used in similar circumstances, and exhort Gondola to 'either crap, or vacate the pot'......not very ladylike, I know.....but short and to the point.
Margaret its a hell of lot more ladylike than my version hehehehe
Old 04-04-2007, 13:11   #372
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
MT i think theres stiff competition going on mind u FC's mystery is no way as mysterious as Gondys
Nooooo,I was talking 'Quizgate'and yours truly
Old 04-04-2007, 13:13   #373
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
Nooooo,I was talking 'Quizgate'and yours truly
pmsl oh i forgot about that too...blimey there was some dodgey folk on there hehehehehehe least the truth came out...unlike this threads case lol
Old 04-04-2007, 13:20   #374
Resting in peace

Quote:
Now that was what I call a good post can't type for laughing.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 13:21   #375
Beacon of light

Glad you like it and you don't find it offensive.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..