Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 06:45   #91
Full Member+

Re: Craig Ian Hall Independent

I didn't say I would vote for him, only that he had some ideas which were worth debating.
The point about his lack of knowledge of Credit Unions is more than valid and goes to prove that not all of his ideas have been thought through.

and as for
Quote:
go dig sandcastles
What has that got to do with anything?

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2010, 08:37   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
I didn't say I would vote for him, only that he had some ideas which were worth debating.
The point about his lack of knowledge of Credit Unions is more than valid and goes to prove that not all of his ideas have been thought through.

and as for

the same as yer daft comment, about set upon by party liners was stupid, so was that.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:22   #93
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post

and as for

As difficult a task as it is, I know you will be capable of rising to the challenge, show us anything in this thread that proves he has thought anything through.

Quote:
But what do I know?

I'm only a voter affiliated to no party trying to decide for whom I should vote.

Thank you, you have made that decision so much easier, best of luck with the rest of our communities voters.
Taken from my first post, so how does that make me a 'party liner'?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:59   #94

I dont think some of you have grasped what I was saying. The idea that because I have not had any experience in a particular field makes my viewpoint worthless is a little foolish.
Increasing the scope of Credit Unions - When you compare the ethos of the banks and CU's, one voluntary based the other bonus based. Help and assistance compared to contempt and profit driven. I thought I was making a valid point. Our Government has spent a lot of our money helping the banks out with little thanks.
What has that got to do with my experience.
I've not been a teacher, police officer or in the armed forces - does that invalidate my views on the politicisation of the police and teachers or the calling for unilateral disarmament.
Our politicians would have to have been many things to have a valid viewpoint on tax, education, defense etc.
wagstaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:02   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I dont think you have grasped either, one who chooses to stand n represent people if elected, MUST have a grasp of what he is talking about, cos if its obvious to us oiks, then its hardly a credible option.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:15   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I dont think you have grasped either, one who chooses to stand n represent people if elected, MUST have a grasp of what he is talking about, cos if its obvious to us oiks, then its hardly a credible option.
I can't argue with your assessment. It would be helpful if you could point out some of my errors rather than making a sweeping generalisation.
The only points that have been made is your assessment of the pension situation- it works for you, so I'm going to take it that there is nothing wrong with the pension schemes on that basis, from your point.
shillelagh, is quite adamant that anyone that does not work within a Credit Union, therefore having no experience in the field, cannot make a valid point.
Old 04-05-2010, 15:07   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Abolish Private Pensions is one of the most ludicrous ideas i ever heard, 100s of thousands of people have paid in em fer years, many now drawing them, n are quite happy to be doing so, if ya had said mend the loopholes that unscrupulous firms use to rob em, then ya may be on a winner, as is can only see ya alienating many potential voters.
well if ya take it their is nowt wrong wi private pensions, then reading is also a problem fer ya, would ya please point out were i said it?
Old 05-05-2010, 13:34   #98

Quote:
well if ya take it their is nowt wrong wi private pensions, then reading is also a problem fer ya, would ya please point out were i said it?
I apologise, it must have been the slang term and skim reading combo that lead to my wrongly asserted assumption. This assumption thing is getting infectious on this thread.
I did actually think by putting my name in the hat that there would be a platform to air my views. Didn't realise just how powerful the media still is.
I sent a press release to the Lancs. Eve. Telegraph the other day.
Even if some of you dont like some of the ideas, that is for you to decide, not the newspapers.
The local newspapers have done you a disservice by not covering the issues at stake.
Here it is in full.

Press release « Wagstaffe's Blog
Old 05-05-2010, 15:01   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagstaffe View Post
Where besides your blog is it full? Also what is it full of?

Why didn't you just apologise to Cashman rather than make excuses for why you couldn't read his plain English?

In another 5 years you can put yourself forward again, as a, 'couldn't live with myself, if I didn't make the effort', candidate, what the Hey, at least you'll have time to work on real Policies, instead of the rubbish you've put forward.

(For the one that defended his rubbish, the following).

Nothing he said was thought through, we might all have wanted buses running on time, Mussolini managed it, (Oh, hang on that was trains), we might all want Banks to be non profitable, we all might even want the variety of other suggestions he put forward, but perhaps next time he could explain how such thing's can be done?

Then,

I'd Vote for him!

Old 05-05-2010, 18:37   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Abolish Private Pensions is one of the most ludicrous ideas i ever heard, 100s of thousands of people have paid in em fer years, many now drawing them, n are quite happy to be doing so, if ya had said mend the loopholes that unscrupulous firms use to rob em, then ya may be on a winner, as is can only see ya alienating many potential voters.
Quote:
I apologise, it must have been the slang term and skim reading combo that lead to my wrongly asserted assumption
Right please point out whats "Slang" in that?
Old 05-05-2010, 23:09   #101

I've apologised for making the assumption that you are happy with the private option. I would argue, now, with hindsight, that the privatising of pensions was a ludicrous idea. Where do you think the city got all the money from to buy up the toxic stuff, it wasn't theirs. One of the biggest expenditures in the next budget is the debt service payments.
Next year alone Treasury interest payments will be £44.4billion, more than the entire budget of the Ministry of Defence.
It might get to 2040 before we bring the debt level down to 2007/8 levels.
Greece is paying for the disproportionate influence the wealthy have had on the political process, like our own. They are waking up to the reality of severe cuts in public spending and job losses, like we will. I wonder how our own public sector are going to react when our Politicians have to bring down the axe. At least the Bankers will be Ok
The rest of the Plutocrats are looking on anxiously.
Interesting times ahead, I wonder how far down the pecking order environmental issues will be, now that none of the West has any money.
Old 06-05-2010, 14:52   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I've apologised for making the assumption that you are happy with the private option. I would argue, now, with hindsight, that the privatising of pensions was a ludicrous idea.
good that was my problem, aint personal, but i reckon anyone who stands fer election should at least have some idea of what they are talking about, wether people agree wi it or not, n thats were ya lost it completly wi me. cos that was yer opening statement.
Old 06-05-2010, 15:56   #103

Quote:
good that was my problem, aint personal, but i reckon anyone who stands fer election should at least have some idea of what they are talking about, wether people agree wi it or not, n thats were ya lost it completly wi me. cos that was yer opening statement.
Can I ditto the above and also mention that a person putting themselves forward should have the courtesy, to answer questions, especially if the questioner took time out to put forward their questions with greater effort than the original poster put forward, Ha, (please don't make me laugh), their policies.

Old 06-05-2010, 17:05   #104

Less,
I've had plenty of debate over the years but I've not come across many who can talk about nothing. You have accused me of not thinking things through, I can't please everyone but don't continue your guff without backing it up. I've looked through the thread to see if there is anything substantive in what you have said so far. There is nothing, so if you are going to suggest what I say is rubbish please explain then I and one or two oinks can understand what you are saying. If you don't understand something I will explain it to you.
Old 06-05-2010, 22:49   #105

Quote:
Less,
I've looked through the thread to see if there is anything substantive in what you have said so far. There is nothing, so if you are going to suggest what I say is rubbish please explain then I and one or two oinks can understand what you are saying.
You're quite correct I didn't put anything of a positive nature into the thread, why? Because I didn't get any satisfactory answers to my first post in response to your less than mediocre starter thread.

All I needed from you was clarification to show you knew a little about what you were talking about, I'm afraid there has been no evidence of such a glimmer from you all the way through.

Quote:
If you don't understand something I will explain it to you.
I don't understand many things, but I don't think you have proved yourself qualified enough to assist even with the basics. Had you actually responded in a positive manner to not just my questions, but those of others in a useful fashion perhaps my attitude towards you would have been different.

Thank goodness though, it is all over, the Polls are shut, without waiting for the count we all know you aren't going to be an M.P.

I'll say my goodbye's now, after all, you no longer need accyweb you had your thread, but no brains to take advantage of the rest of the site, so we'll probably not hear much after tonight from you for possibly another 5 years, I do hope you get the chance during that time to come to conclusions on your 'policies'.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..