Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2005, 05:47   #16

Re: Crime and Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
Great idea - but what about their Human Rights? As Sparks says, Cherie would really go to town on this one (but of course that's her business, making money out of human rights for toerags). So far as I am concerned, and I think a great many other people, if you decide to commit a crime, you abrogate your human rights right there and then.

Come home, Joe, all is forgiven about that little unpleasantness in Boston Harbour ..
Human rights?? If you go to jail, you should loose your human rights until you are released. Rights have to be earned...with responsibilities!!

With our politicians..good old Joe wouldn't get entry into the UK!!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-01-2005, 06:57   #17
God Member

Did anyone see the report on the local evening news last week (Thurs - Fri?) concerning Preston Jail I think, though I could be wrong, and probably am.

Anyway the report concerned a Prison Warden wanting to crack down on dealing drugs in prison. Apparently there is an astonishing amount of what is termed "Contraband" chucked over the walls of prisons by friends and relatives on the outside, Drugs, mobile phones, cash and weapons - including guns. The staggering array of stuff that had been intercepted was put on display for the camera during the report and gives the impression of prisons that are about as secure as sieves.
Old 17-01-2005, 12:44   #18
Beacon of light

and what about the 'Drug Barons' in Walton Jail...... it beggars belief. Prisons seem to be a microcosm of what is happening on the outside.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 16:33   #19
God Member

Talking Re: Crime and Punishment

Talking about crime, who fancies a debate with this bozo?:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...443903,00.html

I do hope that should anyone do so, they refrain from using undiplomatic and profane language.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 16:51   #20
Senior Member+

It's no wonder that we have racial tension in this country with idiots like him,and muslims are frowned upon in the western world.
Old 17-01-2005, 20:47   #21
Beacon of light

I have printed off the original thread by A-B.......and I am now waiting for the prospective parliamentary candidates to come knocking.......I am going to show them that and tell them I will vote for them when they do similar things with our jails.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 00:02   #22
Always EVIL within us

The cleric is regarded as a fringe extremist by mainstream Muslims and is banned from preaching at many mosques. But every night he is using internet forums to reach an audience of between 60 and 70 committed listeners, most of whom are under 30.

(link by Tealeaf)

Considering the numbers of Muslims in this country, I must admit with a certain twinge of pride that the vast majority of Muslims want to live in peace within their chosen country rather than pander to the wishes of a fanatic.

A lady once told me that a "war" is not a war unless both sides decide to fight. I certainly have no personal grudge against Muslims, Hindus, Catholics or any other religion so I can live side by side with anyone whatever their belief.

The whole system has got out of hand thanks to "Cherry" Blair and others, This man should have been deported a long time ago, bring in draconion laws if neccesary BUT CUT OUT THE RED TAPE and do what other countries do......BOOT THEM OUT, NOW!
Old 18-01-2005, 06:58   #23
God Member

The thing that really astonishes me about the creature in Tealeaf's link is that he has been spouting his poison here for eighteen years, while claiming social security benefits.
Talk about biting the hand that feeds!
Old 18-01-2005, 07:05   #24
Resident Waffler

The trouble is that people seeing and hearing him will start to suspect many other muslims of having similar opinions. Just how many impressionable young men does he inspire?

Why the heck are we paying for this guy to incite violence and declare war on us? Yes WE are paying. He's living here at taxpayers expense! If we can't deport him then cut off his benefits. Don't we as taxpayers have the right not to want our money to go towards feeding and housing someone who would kill us as soon as look at us?

And then if he doesn't like it he can be told where to go - anywhere else but here. :e58:

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 12:55   #25

Quote:
BUSMAN:
A lady once told me that a "war" is not a war unless both sides decide to fight.
It's called Genocide....ask the Jews!!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 15:47   #26
Always EVIL within us

According to todays "Sun" newspaper, Omar Bakri says "I want to quit Britain...but cannot leave" His excuse is that he has no papers..or anywhere else to go!

In reality, his country of origin will not have him (Syrria) he has already been kicked out of Saudi Arabia and cannot get a Lebenese passport even though his wife is Lebonese

The Sun suggests a lump of rock in the North Atlantic called Rockall presently in dispute by Britain, Ireland Iceland and Denmark. Rockall is 27 yards wide and 80 ft high when the sea is calm which sounds perfect for him

The question must be asked, if he was not wanted in the middle east, WHY DID WE ACCEPT HIM HERE!!!!!
Old 18-01-2005, 17:32   #27
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
The question must be asked, if he was not wanted in the middle east, WHY DID WE ACCEPT HIM HERE!!!!!
If you were an immigration officer could you have resisted those puppy-dog eyes?

All together now AAAAhhhhh!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 19:03   #29
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
WHY DID WE ACCEPT HIM HERE!!!!!
Because the people who run this country are several sandwiches short of a picnic.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2005, 00:46   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Did anyone see the report on the local evening news last week (Thurs - Fri?) concerning Preston Jail I think, though I could be wrong, and probably am.

Anyway the report concerned a Prison Warden wanting to crack down on dealing drugs in prison. Apparently there is an astonishing amount of what is termed "Contraband" chucked over the walls of prisons by friends and relatives on the outside, Drugs, mobile phones, cash and weapons - including guns. The staggering array of stuff that had been intercepted was put on display for the camera during the report and gives the impression of prisons that are about as secure as sieves.
A-B....
didn't see the report you mention, but, a customer of mine has recently started work in the Hospital wing at Preston. She was telling me of the ways that illegal contraband is smuggled into the jail.
For example....
Drugs are packed into a tennis ball, hurtled over the fence, to be retrieved by an inmate...the drug being enclosed in a 'Kinder' egg within the aforesaid ball, which is then stuffed up the back passage of the nearest wimp!! The Authorities response is to increase the height of the fences, so now it needs the likes of an England test bowler to get the ball over...narrows down the list of suspects!!!
Alternatively, an inmate is given a 'Birthday present ' of something like a 'ghetto blaster', which, surprise, surprise, has had the batteries removed, being substituted for a mobile phone, or, more ominously a small handgun!!
Makes me wonder, do we have any security whatever at these places??
Why don't we just leave them on the streets?...
In the long run, costs us less, & we can keep an eye on them, & deal as we see fit!!!
And I think I know how the majority of us Accywebbers would sort 'em out!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..