Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 15:54   #1
Resident Waffler

Who Fines Hyndburn Council?

Today there was an article in the newspaper of someone who left their rubbish out one day early and was fined £1,000.

Today I left my blue box, blue bag and white bag at the front garden gate for recycling collection along with the wheelie bin at the back gate for refuse collection.

The bin was emptied. The box was emptied. The blue sack was emptied. The white sack of paper was not emptied.

I phoned the council. They told me that the newspaper recycling was being collected by a different vehicle and would be collected later today.

This afternoon it was still there. I phoned the council again and they told me it would be treated as a "missed collection" and they would come round specially for it.

It is still there. (4:50pm)

I phoned the council again. Now they tell me it will be collected tomorrow and to leave it where it is.

If I had left it out there too early I would have been fined for littering the pavement.

Who fines the council???

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2005, 16:11   #2
Wez

Re: Who Fines Hyndburn Council?

You know the wheelie bin thing still hasn't been introduced in my are yet... proper slackers aren't they!

Let's have an old fashioned mob riot!

Bring your own pitchfork! or flaming torch if you prefer!
Old 06-01-2005, 16:33   #3
God Member

tell you I had the same problem a couple of weeks back. They did'nt collect mine, and they told me the same thing '' ok someone will come for it'' yeah a fornight later when they was supposed to come anyway I tell ya!!!
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:26   #4
Resident Waffler

Latest update:

I phoned them yesterday after posting and the spokesperson told me that it would be collected this morning.

Up to now - it's still there!

Old 07-01-2005, 15:25   #5
I am Banned

pt the rubbish in a box wrap it in birthday wrapping paper attach a bow and a message card to it,leave it outside,it will soon go then.
weakest link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 21:06   #6
Resident Waffler

Latest update - I phoned the council this afternoon. They said if it wasn't gone by 4pm today it would not now be collected until Monday.

It wasn't collected by 4pm so now it is inside my garden wall rather than outside so I cannot be accused of littering the street.

I can see this still being here 2 weeks hence on the next collection day.

Old 07-01-2005, 22:46   #7
Senior Member+

Why do the council pay people to lie for them????????

Just be honest and say we will get it next time and everyone will be better off, and less stressed.......
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:54   #8
God Member

Since we all know that HBC is about as efficient as a chocolate fireguard, why do we even bother to get upset at their continued inefficency?
Because we care about our town, our homes and the quality of our lives. Because we are p*ssed off at being continually ripped off and treated with contempt by local politicians who care nothing for their constituents and eveything for their political careers. Who lie, cheat and even steal to further their ambitions. I am surprised that more people do not complain about the shoddy way in which the borough is managed on our behalf. The sad fact remains however that until more people do complain, loudly and at length, nothing wiil change.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:54   #9
Resident Waffler

I shall no doubt be phoning them again on Monday, and quite probably Tuesday as well, if necessary.

I didn't mention the plastic bottles which litter the street which the recyclers are too lazy to pick up when they've fallen from a blue sack.

We need to complain more. Let them know how fed up we are with this state of affairs.

This is only the tip of the iceberg which you illustrate so well A-b.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:56   #10

They are collecting rubbish today as well. However for some reason they got everyone elses wheelie bin but mine. My partner has phoned the depot (closed) and even gone round a few streets to see if he can spot them at all. No doubt it will have to sit full to the brim in my yard in this weather for another two weeks.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:18   #11
Resident Waffler

Oooh phone them on Monday!!!!

Old 08-01-2005, 10:10   #12

Okay, you call them at 11am, i'll give it 20 minutes then call.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:41   #13

hehe, I'm liking wekaest links idea. Very true if it was gift wrapped someone would nick it. My boyfriend accidently put his blue box out early, but thats is news to me about being fined for it. Seems that our council tax isn't enough for them.
Old 08-01-2005, 13:38   #14
God Member

Who fines the council?

Errm isn't that the job of the District Auditor?
Old 08-01-2005, 16:26   #15

Hope it gets picked up soon
Angel 04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..