Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2009, 23:27   #16
Junior Member+

Re: Currys Finance and HFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I would avoid Curry's anyway, they are my list of companies most likely to fold within the next 6 months!

same with comet- well i'll try look around for a cheap hp laptop lol
misseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2009, 23:29   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
laptop prices have dropped so sharply this past year you can pick up second hand bargains on pretyy much up to date laptops if you look around
That's what I'd be tempted to do too.

Put an ad on here.

You never know, stranger things have happened.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 23:34   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
this sounds daft but not having a history of using credit can actually go against you when applying for credit

when they check credit reports they like to see a healthy history of borrowing like mobile phone bills , credit card bills , loans etc so if you are a person who has borrowed little or hardly ever used finanace to buy things it can actually go against you

told you it was daft lol
that is oh so true, went in Burtons arndale approx 4 yrs ago, got a pair of trollys n at the till, the lass said, Would ya like a Burtons Store Card sir,? as ya get discounts wi em, as i used them often,i said yes. so she did the business on computer n then said sorry sir ya have been refused, why says i? i have never owed money in my life to anyone, ah says she, you have a LOW credit rating, was very angry n felt shown up, as was quite a few in the queue, their loss, have never shopped their since.
Old 29-01-2009, 23:38   #19
Junior Member+

^ mabye thats why!! cuz my mum defo has a low credit rating
misseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 06:50   #20
God Member

How can she be full time and only 300-400 a month? Min wage of 5.X would give over 600 a month on only 30 hours.

You need to get your own Bank card sorted asap. If its a Visa Debit then that is good enough to get credit on usually to ~ £1500 ( they used to work on the fact that you have a cheque book of 30 cheques and a guarantee card for 50 quid = 1500 that the Bank trust you with )

Low credit ratings due to never having credit do happen but not often. You can check your credit rating for free at creditexpert.com for a month. ( Make sure you cancell or they will charge you after that).

With regard to your requirements, you haven't posted a link so we don't know what spec of laptop you are looking at but even for photography work with Photoshop you don't need a silly fast CPU, what you do need is lots of RAM. a 2 gig CPU is fine if you have 4 gig of RAM in it. I'd also avoid Vista if at all possible as it itself sucks huge amounts of RAM leaving you less for the programs you want to run. In this event you probably would be better off getting second hand as you are more likely to get XP on it. Just make sure teh battery lasts a decent time as these are teh first thing to go and can be very expensive.

Have you considered asking your bank for a loan? usually they are a lower interest rate than Currys/Comet etc and as they know your banking history you are more likely to get it( based on an assumption you have a good history of money management ie. not going overdrawn unauthorised)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 10:59   #21
Resting in Peace

If you are able to get your own Visa card I would suggest you try Dell, they do their own finance agreements and their products are first class, I have a Dell Desk Top and a Dell Lap Top and I've never had any trouble what so ever, I've had the Desk Top around 5 years and the lap top 2 years and would recommend them to anybody, and the price is right too the Lap Top was £360 when I bought it
Old 30-01-2009, 11:25   #22
God Member

could be your address that's been black listed. ours was when we moved in due to previous owners. other members of your family at the same address can effect your rating too.
Posted via Mobile Device
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 14:06   #23
God Member

That doesn't work the same anymore KSH. Blacklisted addresses do not harm new tenants/owners etc. Experian etc who do teh credit scoring changed their scoring system some time ago.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 15:09   #24
God Member

good. wish they had done it before i bought mine :-) was 20 year ago
Posted via Mobile Device
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..