Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2009, 23:08   #1
Junior Member+

Currys Finance and HFC

Well i'm wanting the laptop at 449 from currys and i was going to take the finance of 48 payments, I couldnt due to not having Drivers liecence and i have lost my bank card. so said to mum if she done it then i'd pay her etc

so me and my mum went in today shes got a visa card and she gave all her bills etc but her credit card thing never got accepted, shes never had credit as such? well thats what she was saying to andy(guy that works in there) and shes a full time career, but earns around 300-400? a month.

My gran doesnt have her credit card anymore but she bought my pc from there 5 years ago? and payed it up etc its payed anyways, do you think she could do it?

i was so gutted as i really need it as i do photography and i'm stuck with my mums laptop that just survives running photoshop, and my computer well its veryy old so doesnt do much only use that for itunes and msn but argh me and my mum were so confused .
misseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2009, 23:17   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Currys Finance and HFC

Why don't you report your own bank card lost, you should anyway, get a new one, and finance the purchase in your own name?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 23:18   #3
Senior Member+

Sounds to me like the company have run a credit check and it's failed somewhere along the line. I would suggest your mum contacts her bank/lender and checks with them.
Old 29-01-2009, 23:18   #4
Junior Member+

I'm only 18 so only have like a debit card and they said you need like a visa and stuff as that pass's more as proof? i'm so confused i'm all knew to this ha!!
Old 29-01-2009, 23:19   #5
Senior Member+

And to be honest if yer ma is only earning that amount a month £300 I am not suprised at the refusal.

Last edited by lindsay ormerod; 29-01-2009 at 23:22.
lindsay ormerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 23:21   #6
Junior Member+

no but like i have a contract phone and it was 21.00 pound a month and she never got refused for it??/
thats what got me?
But i understand where your coming from
Old 29-01-2009, 23:22   #7
God Member

this sounds daft but not having a history of using credit can actually go against you when applying for credit

when they check credit reports they like to see a healthy history of borrowing like mobile phone bills , credit card bills , loans etc so if you are a person who has borrowed little or hardly ever used finanace to buy things it can actually go against you

told you it was daft lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 23:23   #8
Give, give, give member

Are Curry's offering interest free payments over the 48 months?

If so that's ok, once you get them to accept the credit agreement.

If not I'd be tempted to save up for a bit, and go into a shop selling the laptop you want, waving the cash.

There are deals to be had for cash. I recently got a great deal in Comet by paying with cash and having a good old haggle.

Good luck.

Old 29-01-2009, 23:24   #9
Junior Member+

Yeah i see what you mean
i'm pretty gutted now
thanks anyways! xx
Old 29-01-2009, 23:24   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misseff View Post
I'm only 18 so only have like a debit card and they said you need like a visa and stuff as that pass's more as proof? i'm so confused i'm all knew to this ha!!
Sorry, I understand your problem now.

Old 29-01-2009, 23:25   #11
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Are Curry's offering interest free payments over the 48 months?

If so that's ok, once you get them to accept the credit agreement.

If not I'd be tempted to save up for a bit, and go into a shop selling the laptop you want, waving the cash.

There are deals to be had for cash. I recently got a great deal in Comet by paying with cash and having a good old haggle.

Good luck.

I dont have the cash atm hence the reason i was going to pay 14 pound but i would put extra money towards it etc..
i really need it atm which sucks
Old 29-01-2009, 23:25   #12
God Member

laptop prices have dropped so sharply this past year you can pick up second hand bargains on pretyy much up to date laptops if you look around

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 23:26   #13
Junior Member+

yeah the one i want was 600, and went down to 449 i was like :O
Old 29-01-2009, 23:26   #14
Senior Member+

I would avoid Curry's anyway, they are my list of companies most likely to fold within the next 6 months!
Old 29-01-2009, 23:27   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misseff View Post
Yeah i see what you mean
i'm pretty gutted now
thanks anyways! xx
It might have changed, because of all this credit crunch, but if you speak to your bank they might let you have a credit card, which you needn't use, but could use in this case to secure a credit agreement with Currys.

Might be worth a try.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..