Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2010, 12:04   #61
God Member

Re: Cuts and yet more Cuts.. for who?

Government Budget Cuts Are `Regressive,' Hit Poor Hardest ..
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...ml..“The
"The distributional effect of all tax and benefit reforms due to be implemented by 2014-15 is clearly regressive within the bottom nine decile groups of the income distribution when losses are expressed as a percentage of net income,” the London-based IFS said in a report. Families with children in the bottom decile lose 5 percent of net income, the IFS said, compared with 1 percent for the richest decile."...
Just like I was saying...eh Jaysay?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2010, 12:22   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Government Budget Cuts Are `Regressive,' Hit Poor Hardest ..
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...ays.html..“The
"The distributional effect of all tax and benefit reforms due to be implemented by 2014-15 is clearly regressive within the bottom nine decile groups of the income distribution when losses are expressed as a percentage of net income,” the London-based IFS said in a report. Families with children in the bottom decile lose 5 percent of net income, the IFS said, compared with 1 percent for the richest decile."...
Just like I was saying...eh Jaysay?
These think tanks can make figures say just what the people who commissioned the report want to hear, I would sooner listen to the treasury who have ALL the figures at their disposal not a mish mash, picked up willy nilly
Old 21-10-2010, 21:48   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
These think tanks can make figures say just what the people who commissioned the report want to hear, I would sooner listen to the treasury who have ALL the figures at their disposal not a mish mash, picked up willy nilly
Like I said the poorest always pay the highest percentage of income when it comes to Tory cuts..always..and I'm not talking about benefit "scroungers".. It's pensioners and low income working families... this is the conclusion of a well established and respected economic study..
Spending review cuts hit poor hardest, says Institute of Fiscal Studies | Politics | The Guardian
Old 21-10-2010, 22:06   #64
Senior Member+

They probably wont hit the twenty odd millionares out of forty or so members of the cabinet as hard as the rest of us!!
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 06:31   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Like I said the poorest always pay the highest percentage of income when it comes to Tory cuts..always..and I'm not talking about benefit "scroungers".. It's pensioners and low income working families... this is the conclusion of a well established and respected economic study..
Spending review cuts hit poor hardest, says Institute of Fiscal Studies | Politics | The Guardian
Read Guardian, Read Daily Mail
What happened to cutting heating allowance or cold weather payments, bus passes ect
Old 22-10-2010, 10:22   #66
JCB

Quote:
I'm in the fog about it all .

So many different interpretaions from political parties and economists .

I can understand the political posturings , but I'm at a loss when the "independent" financial experts are all over the place .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 10:59   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post

I can understand the political posturings , but I'm at a loss when the "independent" financial experts are all over the place .
All depends whether they dress on the right or the left JCB
Old 22-10-2010, 11:01   #68
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post

Suppose the reason is, we're in uncharted waters. Nobody really knows whether the Coalition's policy of cutting deep and fast or Labour's ideas of cutting more slowly and moderately will work. Will Osborne's plans kill the fragile recovery or lead to our eventual recovery? No one (including him) can say for sure.
Old 06-11-2010, 22:19   #69
Give, give, give member

Just returned from a family trip out, seeing the last night of Love on the Dole, at the Bolton Octagon.

The parallels with what's happening today, were quite uncanny.

Even the snootiest of the wooly liberal theatre goers, left the theatre demanding that Cameron and Clegg should be forced to watch this play.

In all the years I've been going to the theatre, I've never known an audience leave a playhouse so fired up, not only eulogising about the fate of the downtrodden to their own parties, but to everyone else leaving too.

There was more than one person humming the Red Flag.

Revolution was certainly in the air in Bolton tonight.

Hopefully the damp, smoke filled air came from the bonfires remebering Guy Fawkes, and wasn't the homes of Bolton's wealthy industrialists, being burned to the ground.

Love on the Dole | Theatre | Octagon Theatre Bolton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_on_the_Dole

Great book/film, if your interested in northern economic and social history.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 00:30   #70
God Member

This is brilliant...BBC News - Long-term jobless 'could face compulsory manual labour'.
If there are jobs that need to be done then the simple way would be to employ people who are out of work to fill those jobs and earn a decent wage... but know it seems there are jobs.. but jobs that pay £64 a week.
These jobs need to be done..so why can't we employ people to do this work?
Old 07-11-2010, 08:49   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
These jobs need to be done..so why can't we employ people to do this work?
Because they won't get of their backsides to do it, especially if they'll go to prison instead of doing community serves
Old 07-11-2010, 09:11   #72
God Member

Quote:
how come they havent got any figures to state when asked any questions in parliament in fact for the last 2 months borrowing has gone up.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:34   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
how come they havent got any figures to state when asked any questions in parliament in fact for the last 2 months borrowing has gone up.
Its call the current financial year set out by the last set of political lunatics who were throwing money around like confetti
Old 08-11-2010, 10:55   #74
God Member

Quote:
Because they won't get of their backsides to do it, especially if they'll go to prison instead of doing community serves
Oh now I get it...people who find themselves without a job are unconvicted criminals.. why don't your lot just go back 100ys and introduce the the workhouse?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:01   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh now I get it...people who find themselves without a job are unconvicted criminals.. why don't your lot just go back 100ys and introduce the the workhouse?
Bit early for the booze Mancie, obviously you only read what you think will fit in with your rose tinted glasses. My references was about a lad who preferred to go to prison rather than do community service, he was convicted

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..