Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2008, 21:22   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Dad slaps daughter across face

Yes, Lilly, she even tried to stop the police coming, but the damage had been done. They had to follow through on a complaint.

The father did not blame the daughter at all, had always taught her that nobody had the right to assault her and to get in touch with the authorities if anybody did. They appear to have a better relationship now, however, damage done to his career. He did not sound bitter at all .. just accepted the circumstances !

Even admitted, that as she was the youngest, got away with a lot more than her older siblings. Seems to be blaming himself, but that is another social weakness too.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2008, 21:27   #17
Passed away 25-11-09

Growing up as a teenager in the 1950s, had I rung the police after being slapped by my dad, he would have been congratulated for being a caring parent. It makes me shudder when I hear of things like this. What sort of adults are we releasing into this world? No limits, no discipline, no respect. It's horrifying.
Old 13-08-2008, 21:31   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Growing up as a teenager in the 1950s, had I rung the police after being slapped by my dad, he would have been congratulated for being a caring parent. It makes me shudder when I hear of things like this. What sort of adults are we releasing into this world? No limits, no discipline, no respect. It's horrifying.
everyone knows it except the "MUPPETS"
Old 13-08-2008, 23:26   #19
white rabbits

I Suppose That Was Bit Over The Top ,but I Bet She Thinks Twice Before Doing It Again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 13-08-2008, 23:31   #20
God Member

Quote:
Yes.. this sort of thing were everyone starts moaning about kids getting away with this and that..what kids?.. not our kids..the people that make the laws in this country aint kids.. they are grown ups with children!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 00:06   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I Suppose That Was Bit Over The Top ,but I Bet She Thinks Twice Before Doing It Again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I think that the biggest problem that Parents have is that they have a fear that their children will grow up not liking them because they were strict with them.

Forget it, my one may not like me but she has a lot of respect for me and if she needs a crack round the ear hole ,she will get one.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 07:14   #22
Loz

Had afew smacks when i was younger,never did me any harm and i learnt not to do whatever i had done wrong again!
Think he was justified in his actions and has been unfairly punished for what he did.
Shame because it sounded like he did a lot of good work with kids in his community.
Old 14-08-2008, 19:53   #23

Quote:
I grew up in the 60s and i know if i'd have rang the police i would have got another slap after they'd gone for ringing them.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 22:58   #24
Yank in King Art's Court!

Good on him. I see tons of kids who could use a slap in the face. Unfortunately, had many of these parents slapped a hand or a butt when the kids were smaller elevating to a face slap would probably not be necessary.

I've never had to discipline my kids like that but they got a good number of spankings. Now I just use "that voice" that can scare the bejesus out of 'em!"

My wife on the other hand is a screamer, as was her mother. It got to the point that Annie would be really mouthing off to her (~13 to 14) and I'd tell Cindy to slap her in the mouth. Cindy couldn't bring herself to do it and I'd have to step in and warn Annie not to talk to her mother like that.

Thankfully, it's gotta be almost 5 or 6 years that either of them were spanked. It's good to teach them when their young (IMO).

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 23:04   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

good on yer brian, i know it hurts you,just as much as it did them. but respect/discipline are essential to give em a chance of growing up n keeping em right.
Old 14-08-2008, 23:09   #26
Accy Goddess

I got a slap for doing what ever it was I shouldn't be doing and If I complained to any body I would get a slap for telling tails.
Never did me any harm and would think twice before I did it again.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 01:47   #27
God Member

My mother or father never raised thier hand to me. Sadly I cant say the same for my elder siblings who probably got a clout more than once, But they never got a good hiding. I was of course the youngest very spoilt and believe me I hated it .
I hated it that much that My elder siblings got a thick ear should they have done wrong and many times I got away with anything.
Not only did it put a wedge between me and my siblings it also made me think why was I never told off.
I am the youngest of 6 and I hated it because all the way down the line my parents always went easier on the next one down. (dont know why)
Anyway One day me and my mate decided to go clothes shopping without money (of course we got caught) lol .. that night I got my first ever good hiding off my mum .
Reporting her wasnt an option, it was a case of , I knew Id done wrong so take the consequences
But that did teach me never to steal again.
That was the one and only time my mum ever raised her hand to me. But I did deserve it ...

Last edited by cherokee; 15-08-2008 at 01:55.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 09:39   #28
Resting in Peace

The thing is if you get a sharp tap on the legs or backside when your young and misbehaving, you learn very quickly and as lots of you have said, does't do any harm and puts you on the straight and narrow for latter life
Old 16-08-2008, 15:48   #29
God Member

we dont have naughty kids any more we have kids with a.d.h.d or whatever that made up term is for a kid been an uncontrolable crap head,i want to know where this so called disorder came from because there are millions of them apprently yet so few when i was growing up

maybe this tragic disorder wasnt so apparent in the 50's , 60's ,70's and 80's because back then they gota good smack that cured them before it got out of hand

yes i know there are a few kids out there with real problems but lets face it if a kid these days throws a few hissy fits , smashes a few things up and hits its mum its almost instantly diagnosed with some kind of behaviour disorder which has mainly come about through its parents lack of discipline and their willingness to let the behaviour continue even after been diagnosed because they think its not their problem and that the school councilors can fix it or whoever speaks to these kids

the shame is that GENUINE cases where kids have genuine mental problems get less treatment because kids of bad parents jump on the bandwaggon getting counciling etc for somthing they dont even have

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..