Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2008, 14:56   #1
God Member

Dad slaps daughter across face

What do you make of this? Good parenting or over the top?

BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Man arrested for hitting daughter

Comes across as a nice chap in the community - not too sure this one incident should stop all that.
Old 13-08-2008, 15:08   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Dad slaps daughter across face

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
What do you make of this? Good parenting or over the top?

BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Man arrested for hitting daughter

Comes across as a nice chap in the community - not too sure this one incident should stop all that.
So a Dad that tries to stop his daughter from acting like some sort of a Diva, gets punished twice, once by having this spoilt fruit of the loin that needed a short sharp shock and secondly because the P.C. brigade say he can no longer be trusted!

A bit like me telling you your talking rubbish when you go on one with your facts and figures and accyweb members turning around and saying neither of us can be trusted ever again because of a particular outburst.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 15:13   #3
God Member

Haha bring it right home Less
Old 13-08-2008, 16:29   #4
Resting in Peace

Well all know that parents can't smack their wayward kids any more, they have rights too you know, ah bless their little cotton socks. ain't that why there is so much trouble on our streets today, but its no use going o about it again on here its been discussed many times before, and nothings going to change until we get rid of the dogooders
Old 13-08-2008, 17:13   #5
Beacon of light

The children should realise that along with 'rights' there are responsibilities.
This young girl had been intimidating her neighbour and the father took action.

We have feral youths in this country because children think they can do any damn thing they want without any consequences.
Power to the parents!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 17:28   #6

too many do gooders, most haven't got kids so don't understand that on occasion they need fetching back in line
I think if they need a slap give them one it didn't do me any harm

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 17:45   #7
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Well this has just showed millions of kids that they cant be punished.....and they can do what they like!!......typical!!
Old 13-08-2008, 18:16   #8
God Member

What absolute horse manure .... here we have a concerned and obviously competent and loving single parent, punished by the loony toon PC assholes .... don't any of those no minds with the IQ of a salad bar recognize the difference between correction (and according to his daughter ... an isolated incident) and child abuse .... we have these idiots over here, but it seems you guys have way more than your fair share
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 18:25   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sometimes there can be no other option than a short sharp shock, i had one or two meself, fortunatly never had to slap mine, not saying they were angels, but then they never terrorised a neighbour, i'm heartily sick of the muppets in society and would gladly slap them though.
Old 13-08-2008, 19:36   #10
God Member

well i aint reading that, but i can imagine all the bull in it, i will openly admit to giving Reece a smack if he needs it (havent given him one for a long time though) it never did me any harm and taught me right from wrong (well sorta)
Old 13-08-2008, 19:46   #11
God Member

Dont get me started on this, I would give the kids a slap on the hand or leg if I thought it necessary, one of the kids had a fall after being taken by the arm and ushered out of the room, she landed awkwardly and banged her face, I was accused of slapping her about, even though she told everyone concerned she fell over, I was banned from any kind of physical punishment, told I had to have no unsupervised contact with the kids, and still attend regular meetings under a child protection order, it is the biggest crock I have ever seen, but no option other than to go with the flow and keep my mouth shut! If you are ever unfortunate enough to be accused of anything like this, rest assured, you have no rights, only responsibilities, complaints lead only to deaf ears and closed doors, we now get complaints of bad behaviour from 2 of the children, as they have realised they can get away with much more these days, and our hands are tied.
Old 13-08-2008, 20:54   #12
Senior Member+

Do you not think that a slap across the face is more excessive than a little slap on the legs?
Old 13-08-2008, 20:57   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Do you not think that a slap across the face is more excessive than a little slap on the legs?
agree,but terrorising neighbours is more excessive than just a naughty kid.
Old 13-08-2008, 21:10   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Heard the father/daughter interviewed on Radio today Tin Monkey, he said was not actually in temper, was a controlled slap and no red marks/bruising on the face, just did it to shock her after problems with this girl over the previous 12 months.

Listen to the interview,'Slapping', about 1/3 rd way into the show, and tell me what you think afterwards :-

BBC - Radio 2 - Shows - Jeremy Vine
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 21:14   #15
God Member

This dad did a lot of voluntary work with young people and because of him slapping his daughter and her ringing the police all that is under threat.

I can see that we don't want unstable, violent people working with our kids but feel sorry for this dad that he has been branded as such for getting to the end of his rope with a wayward daughter.

The daughter now says that she is sorry she rang the police. I think she only did that in temper to get back at him for hitting her.

Unfortunately it has had long lasting consequences.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..