Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 00:32   #1
Accy Goddess

Post EUTHINASIA

Now this is a topic for you to get your teeth into. Euthinasia are you for or against. I personally Don't think that people should be made to suffer. But what do you all think.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2003, 00:38   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: EUTHINASIA

Its ILLEGAL!

Oh come on.. You knew I would say that
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 00:43   #3
Accy Goddess

I was waiting Harry.  
I was waiting.
And you didn't disapoint. ;D
Here we go again.
Or do we.
Old 10-09-2003, 00:47   #4
I am Banned

hehehe not with me we dont... not a subject I feel comfortable debating TBH

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 07:01   #5
Jo

Harry, are you sure euthanisia is illegal?? In Holland it has been legal for years...........
;D ;D ;D

He he he, I didn't disappoint either!!

Seriously, it's a bit above me too. I really don't feel comfortable with the subject. I am fundamentally against it as I believe life to be such a special thing and really so precious, I don't think man has the right to interfere with the course of nature. I am thus also passionately against the death penalty and cannot understand suicide, but obviously the subject is much deeper and this is my one-sided opinion. Anyone else anyhting to say?
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 08:11   #6
Senior Member+

I agree with euthinasia, as long as you are of sound mind you SHOULD be able to decide if you want to live or die, say if you are terminally ill and in a lot of pain. If you kept a animal in those conditions then you would be accused of being CRUEL
Old 10-09-2003, 09:35   #7
Jo

It's hard for me to evaluate. I do agree Janet, but unless you've ever suffererd, I think it's hard to be able to say how you would feel. Thankfully I've never been in that situation and I find it hard to believe I would ever end my life. I agree on the sound mind bit, though, definitely.
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 19:51   #8
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Researched this in the late 80's during nurse training, I can still to this day say that I have not been able to make up my mind. To be in such a debilitated state, with no quality of life must be the most horrendous thing to have to endure, but it was not legalised during the 80's debates, as the government thought that it would frighten people, especially the elderly.
I think if the person is of sound mind then it should be their choice, but experts still disagree on what constitutes a sound mind

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 20:01   #9
Accrington Web Mascot

Jo - if your completely against humans interfering with life & death - does this mean you wouldn't have a life saving transplant or blood transfusion?  Or let your children have them if needed?  It's all the same. We don't mind interfering  with death to save people who we feel are not at their time to go - yet we shy away when it comes to people who are terminally ill & would like the right to choose to die with diginity.
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 20:48   #10
Accy Goddess

I could sit and cry when I hear stories of how people have been imprisoned for not wanting their loved ones to suffer
The patiant should be able to choose a dignified end if they so wish. Why should people have to suffer in pain. Or live a life of no life.
It's a poor do when animals have a right not to suffer and are put out of there pain and suffering.
Same thing when it's your time to go and your brought back against all your wishes.
Old 10-09-2003, 21:26   #11
Senior Member+

Sorry Jo i agree with it.Would you see a pet suffer, no.Well its just the same thing with humans.If there is no way out why make somebody suffer even more by making them wait for what is inevitable anyway.As to the death penalty.In child abuse cases i am all for it.With the D.N.A. stuuf nowadays its 99.9% and even the pill only gives you that guarentee.
Old 10-09-2003, 23:15   #12
Accy Goddess

Can't agree with the death penalty. If they have done it, then they should be made to suffer.
It's a totaly different subject Mik.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:54   #13
Caz
God Member

[quote author=Mik_Dickinson link=board=anything;num=1063153959;start=0#10 date=09/10/03 at 22:26:03]As to the death penalty.In child abuse cases i am all for it.With the D.N.A. stuuf nowadays its 99.9% and even the pill only gives you that guarentee.[/quote]

I believe we started this topic somwhere before but you didn't come back to it I noticed?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 03:58   #14
Caz
God Member

[quote author=ShortStuff link=board=anything;num=1063153959;start=0#8 date=09/10/03 at 21:01:29]Jo - if your completely against humans interfering with life & death - does this mean you wouldn't have a life saving transplant or blood transfusion? Or let your children have them if needed? It's all the same. We don't mind interfering with death to save people who we feel are not at their time to go - yet we shy away when it comes to people who are terminally ill & would like the right to choose to die with diginity.[/quote]

Not the same subject. Jo's talking about medical intervention to end a life, not preserve it.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2003, 08:35   #15
Senior Member+

Well after seeing my Grandfather die of cancer and go through it all in the hospital with Morphine injections.Watching him slowly go for days.Wilting away basically before your eyes.In the end he was not half the man he was.He also asked them not to give him the morphine injections .He thought it would end quicker, but no his wishes were not respected.Still he died as we all will do and i thought it would have been better to give him an injection there to end it all.Would have been a relief for my grandad.After  all it was inevitable.So they made him go through real pain in the last 5 days.B******Ds.An animal would not have suffered that much

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..