Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree104Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2013, 14:06   #76
God Member

Re: Face covering

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
As a person who lives in nighties and dressing gowns (have very many of them - colour co-ordinated), I can see how burkas will be comfortable.

Most clothes, especially bras, are tight fitting, and now I rarely wear 'clothing', I appreciate that loose clothing is so much more comfortable, and, in some respects, is liberating

i like my batman , animal out of the muppets and family guy pajama bottoms but i dont walk around accy in them..

ok ok there was the time i drove to rochdale to meet mi then woman before i realised i hadnt put my jeans on and was actually still in my batmans

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2013, 17:28   #77
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
was this a patient or a doctor i would not fancy being examined by a doc wearing a Veil
hospital staff mick but not doctors
Old 20-09-2013, 18:17   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i like my batman , animal out of the muppets and family guy pajama bottoms but i dont walk around accy in them..

ok ok there was the time i drove to rochdale to meet mi then woman before i realised i hadnt put my jeans on and was actually still in my batmans
The first time I visited Accrington (just visiting some friends) I saw a woman walking down the street in a full-length nighty and slippers. And a short cropped jacket of some sort.
Good first impression

I suppose they may be comfortable, but of the few I know of who wear them, I was under the impression that other clothing is often worn underneath-I can't see THAT being comfortable.

(As somebody who only wears bras when absolutely necessary, and spends most of the day in nightwear, I can join the side of folks who find a lot of clothing restrictive and uncomfortable)!
A lot of popular clothing is far too much effort for me. And I have been known to leave the house without putting 'real' clothing on. I try not to make a habit of it, though!
Old 20-09-2013, 18:19   #79
God Member

according to jermery clarkson he saw one fall over exposing sexy undies and fishnet stockings.A specific group of people got extreemly offended at his observations because they dont even like you reporting what you have seen yet alone seeing it lol..

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 01:52   #80
Senior Member+

jaysay, Boeing Guy, Eric and 1 others like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 02:06   #81
Senior Member+

jaysay, Boeing Guy, Eric and 1 others like this.
Old 21-09-2013, 09:41   #82
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You use the word choice, are you sure they choose to wear it and are not told or intimidated into wearing it?
Hava a listen to the 5Live Drive prog Neil.. the two muslim doctors don't sound intimidated to me... different yes but not intimidated or coerced.
But sure there will be some pressured into wearing them..... but not the vast majority, lets not lose sight of the fact that only a very small percentage of Muslim women even wear em'

Quiz question from the Forts Thursday night which surprised me (The answer not the question ) Which county has the largest muslim population?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 10:16   #83
Senior Member+

Indonesia?
Old 21-09-2013, 13:05   #84
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Indonesia?
Correctamundo D
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 13:27   #85
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Correctamundo D
******, I was thinking of county not country, I'd have said Yorkshire, never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post

Quiz question from the Forts Thursday night which surprised me (The answer not the question ) Which county has the largest muslim population?
jaysay likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 13:48   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
******, I was thinking of county not country, I'd have said Yorkshire, never mind.
That's probably the second on the list Less
DAV007 likes this.
Old 23-09-2013, 15:05   #87
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
As a person who lives in nighties and dressing gowns (have very many of them - colour co-ordinated), I can see how burkas will be comfortable.

Most clothes, especially bras, are tight fitting, and now I rarely wear 'clothing', I appreciate that loose clothing is so much more comfortable, and, in some respects, is liberating
They are not comfortable according to The Times reporter who wore one for a couple of days in and around London to see what reactions she got. She said with the full face covering she could only make out faces a few yards away and navigating stairs was difficult.
Old 23-09-2013, 15:15   #88
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
according to jermery clarkson he saw one fall over exposing sexy undies and fishnet stockings.A specific group of people got extreemly offended at his observations because they dont even like you reporting what you have seen yet alone seeing it lol..
Made me laugh did that, here are a few more of his funny comments, erm I mean inappropriate comments Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson's worst ever gaffes: Indians, Mexicans and burkas | News.com.au
Old 26-09-2013, 12:12   #89
Full Member+

A few weeks ago when travelling towards Guide, a driving school car was passing going the opposite direction. As it was passing us I noticed that the girl driving was obviously the pupil as she kept hesitating and, on closer inspection, the instructor next to her was, unbelievably, wearing the full face veil. This is becoming a joke, how is anyone supposed to learn and stay safe listening to a mumbled voice under a cloth sheet. Surely, her peripheral vision is affected. It's just downright dangerous.
Old 26-09-2013, 18:05   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
A few weeks ago when travelling towards Guide, a driving school car was passing going the opposite direction. As it was passing us I noticed that the girl driving was obviously the pupil as she kept hesitating and, on closer inspection, the instructor next to her was, unbelievably, wearing the full face veil. This is becoming a joke, how is anyone supposed to learn and stay safe listening to a mumbled voice under a cloth sheet. Surely, her peripheral vision is affected. It's just downright dangerous.
It certainly is, but the fact yeh dared to mention this, makes yeh Racist to the knobheads.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..