Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree104Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2013, 17:30   #1
Resting in Peace

Face covering

A judge has ruled that a woman had to remove her veil whilst giving evidence in the witness box, I should think so too, they should also remove them when using post offices and banks too. If they object there are planes leaving for Islamabad every day from most airports, think the saying when in Rome applies on this issue
cashman, Eric, BERNADETTE and 6 others like this.
Old 17-09-2013, 17:54   #2
JFT96

Re: Face covering

When I lived in Morocco, a Muslim country, i did not see one veil.

I have no issue with personal liberties, but this is subjugation of women
BERNADETTE, pallyman and Gremlin like this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 18:13   #3
God Member

No place in a civilised and democratic society and they should be banned period

its not even a faith issue theres no part of the koran that states a woman should wear a face covering its simply something dreamt up by some nutty man many years ago as a tool to belittle and control the opposite sex.Probbably teh same paranoid nut that had sex with a child and didnt like his picture been illustrated and also put a ban on bacon because he had a problem with pigs .

i have mentioned this every time this subject comes up and basically i asked a mulsim taxi driver one night why women wore them and he said it was to show respect to their husbands.I asked him if his wife wore one and he said yes she did.I then asked him why he wasnt wearing one to show respect to his wife and there was no answer just a grin
pallyman and maxthecollie like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 17-09-2013 at 18:15.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 18:26   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
No place in a civilised and democratic society and they should be banned period

its not even a faith issue theres no part of the koran that states a woman should wear a face covering its simply something dreamt up by some nutty man many years ago as a tool to belittle and control the opposite sex.Probbably teh same paranoid nut that had sex with a child and didnt like his picture been illustrated and also put a ban on bacon because he had a problem with pigs .

i have mentioned this every time this subject comes up and basically i asked a mulsim taxi driver one night why women wore them and he said it was to show respect to their husbands.I asked him if his wife wore one and he said yes she did.I then asked him why he wasnt wearing one to show respect to his wife and there was no answer just a grin
That's because he's an ugly git and his wife knows nobody will bother giving him a second glance anyway
Old 17-09-2013, 19:21   #5

They should obay our rules well they are living here.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 19:25   #6
Senior Member+

Can I walk into a bank wearing a balaclava. I think not. What's the difference?
Greeny and pallyman like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 19:30   #7
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
they should also remove them when using post offices and banks too.
When I had my motorcycle ,Jaysay , I had to remove my helmet when entering post offices and banks because it could conceal my identity . The full face veils conceal identity much better than crash helmets .
pallyman likes this.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 20:31   #8
Resting in Peace

Try wearing a crash helmet in court and see how far you get
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 20:56   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
A judge has ruled that a woman had to remove her veil whilst giving evidence in the witness box, I should think so too, they should also remove them when using post offices and banks too. If they object there are planes leaving for Islamabad every day from most airports, think the saying when in Rome applies on this issue
And you should start at the beginning ... with the citizenship oath:

Face veils banned for citizenship oaths - Politics - CBC News
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 21:16   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

People that agree wi wearing em anywhere,are whats "WRONG" wi our country, I posted a few years ago that i was nearly knocked down by one of these people wearing a letterbox, on Tesco car park at Blackburn, Its utterly ridiculous that people are allowed to drive wearing em also, This is nothing at all to do wi religion, its trying to impose their way on us, Well sorry it don't wash wi me,
jaysay, Eric, BERNADETTE and 4 others like this.
Old 17-09-2013, 22:12   #11
I am Banned

People should in principle have the right to wear whatever they want and to express their religious beliefs. We live in an age of rights and freedoms enshrined in law. As long as it's a genuine expression of belief and not something imposed by social or familial pressures.
Eric likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 22:44   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
People should in principle have the right to wear whatever they want and to express their religious beliefs. We live in an age of rights and freedoms enshrined in law. As long as it's a genuine expression of belief and not something imposed by social or familial pressures.
as i said earlier the burka,veil,letterbox etc has absolutely nothing to do with religous beleif its merely a tool of oppression and control.

personally id do away with right to religous beleif as well and tear down every damn church and mosque that couldnt be converted into a pub.Im sick to the back teeth of how much money,time and effort is wasted pandering to morons that think theres a magic fella in the sky.

god or allah want a church or mosque then let god or allah magically errect one from dust.Supposed to have made woman from a rib so surely buiding his own damn church isnt outside hsi skill set.Besides he created NVQ's he could be a builder in 3 months if his mojo is a bit limp but then again he created the polish so he may loose to a lower quote with better workmanship

mind you we dont really have religous belief in the UK there was enough signatures on the last census to declare jedi a recognised faith but it didnt get its status.6 dvd box set is way more credible than 1 poxy ill thought out book from a long time ago

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 01:46   #13

Quote:
as i said earlier the burka,veil,letterbox etc has absolutely nothing to do with religous beleif its merely a tool of oppression and control.

personally id do away with right to religous beleif as well and tear down every damn church and mosque that couldnt be converted into a pub.Im sick to the back teeth of how much money,time and effort is wasted pandering to morons that think theres a magic fella in the sky.

god or allah want a church or mosque then let god or allah magically errect one from dust.Supposed to have made woman from a rib so surely buiding his own damn church isnt outside hsi skill set.Besides he created NVQ's he could be a builder in 3 months if his mojo is a bit limp but then again he created the polish so he may loose to a lower quote with better workmanship

mind you we dont really have religous belief in the UK there was enough signatures on the last census to declare jedi a recognised faith but it didnt get its status.6 dvd box set is way more credible than 1 poxy ill thought out book from a long time ago
Accyman, after all that ranting and raving, according to Accy Web, i see you are a God member
Eric, accyman and JIMSLAD like this.
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 03:43   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Saw this letterbox and thought of you and your ramblings acctyman

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/fun/news...ri-geller.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg odd-mystery-post-box-1.jpg (53.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by DtheP47; 18-09-2013 at 03:45. Reason: missing link !!
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 06:08   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
Accyman, after all that ranting and raving, according to Accy Web, i see you are a God member
only because we don't have another category to put him in .........yet
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..