Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 18:24   #16
God Member

Re: Female Muppets with Mobiles

Willow, why are you topping it up every month? if it's o2, give it a rest, don't put this months tenner on and use the credit up on the texts. Next time you top it up with a tenner you'll get your free texts back. also, if you join, by sending a text and you top up by 15, you get 150 free minutes a month, but again don't do it if you've got spare credit use that first then top it up 15 , and you get the free texts and minutes.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2006, 18:44   #17
Beacon of light

[quote=Basher]Margaret that's very good but I've put £10 of credit on mine on New Years day 2005 and I still have £4 odd left but that's as much to do with the fact that I'm a tight so and so as anything.

Well done Basher.......I would have more credit left on mine too if it had not been for going away with my Mum earlier this year (Feb)....hubby had to ring me each night at 6pm just to let him know I was OK.....Oh yeah and we had Aussie rellies over in May so they used my phone a couple of times too....so as you can see i don't give it much use at all. In fact T-Mobile cut off my service because I had not made a call or text in 6 months.

I'm never going to be in Gayles league am I?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 18:55   #18
Senior Member+

I use mine lots but not in shops as I find it very rude to be serving someone and their phone rings;they answer it and you complete the transaction in sign language and silence ! Most of the people I have seen using mobiles in my store are blokes who then invariably say "Yeah mate,I'm just buying some tunes,what? No I'm in t'music shop,what? You'll have to speak up.....yadda yadda yadda" Turn it off you dummy!
Old 06-07-2006, 19:00   #19
God Member

I try not to do tha lindsay, but sometimes it's not possible to ignore it or tell them to ring back. ridiculas amounts of money can be made or lost with a Phone call.
Old 06-07-2006, 19:04   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
ridiculas amounts of money can be made or lost with a Phone call.
Yeagh.. there not going to hold the 3.30 ay kempton just cus hatter is on the phone to his bookies.. ya ahve to get the bets on in time you know
Old 06-07-2006, 19:13   #21

I just use mine in emergencies, and hardly ever dial out on it, text messages yes.,

My bug bare is the amount of people (usually men) that you see glued to their mobiles whilst driving.
those were the days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 19:18   #22
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by those were the days
I just use mine in emergencies, and hardly ever dial out on it, text messages yes.,

My bug bare is the amount of people (usually men) that you see glued to their mobiles whilst driving.
Now they are the real muppets!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 19:38   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
I use my phone all the time in exactly the way you describe it Tealeaf......In my defence, I do use hands free whilst I'm driving.
I was using my hands free speech to text phone this afternoon when I texted you while driving up New Lane.

I use my phone a lot as well. I don't live on it but I used to make a living from it. All my business calls used to come to my mobile so if I did not answer it I did not get the jobs. You get used to using it wherever you are and think nothing of answering it anywhere. I have a mobile at work as well that is ringing all day.

I was stuck on hold for 5mins the other day (on my landline) waiting for Direct Line to answer. A short while after an operator started talking to me my mobile rang. It was an important call so I asked the Direct Line lady if she would hold the line for a minute. I then answered my mobile and sorted out the delivery I was waiting for. I thanked the Direct Lane lady and we carried on talking. Most satisfying to put them on hold for a change. When I apologised to her for talking the other call, all she said was 'No problem sir'. Very professional of her I thought.
Old 06-07-2006, 19:56   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I was using my hands free speech to text phone this afternoon when I texted you while driving up New Lane.
Visiting friends up there?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 20:20   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Visiting friends up there?
Nope I drive up/down their heading to the M65. Rhonda has a friend up their not me
Old 06-07-2006, 21:12   #26

Blokes and women are both very bad with mobiles, to be quite honest. Though I would say it does seem to be women that are worse with them, in my experience. They drive onto the forecourt with them glued to their ears, look at me like I'm stupid when I ask them to turn them off at the pumps, look at me like I'm stupid again when I refuse to authorise the pumps, fill up their cars, and come and have a pop at me about whats just happened, whilst ringing up their friends to have another natter, then they struggle to sign or get their cash out, struggle again with the door, then drive off the forecourt with it glued to their ear...It really is quite astonishing. And don't even get me started about women, 4x4's and mobile phones! They struggle to even see the road, let alone have a conversation at the same time as driving the monstocity. The most 'off-road' they'll ever go is the garage to get 'em repaired.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 21:40   #27
God Member

lmao, how very, very true diesel. They of course need the 4x4 to get over the rought terain outside the school gates.
Old 06-07-2006, 22:16   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
lmao, how very, very true diesel. They of course need the 4x4 to get over the rought terain outside the school gates.
Ok, this thread is digressing again , but basically all the same theme really, most of you men (not all) just don't like us women, sad aren't you.

Tealeaf: think you must be the biggest woman hater on this planet .

4 x 4's combined with the school run is very sad indeed, however, behind all this, who is contributing to the payments for this car, and who has persuaded the wifey to invest in this mode of transport ? A MAN of course.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 22:48   #29
Resting in Peace

Oh come on guys the mobile was invented for women, if they are rabbiting on the mobile they are not using the landline when we are watching footie.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 22:51   #30
God Member

I use my mobile mostly for texting. In my contract I get 30 free mins and 100 texts. I tend to use the texts each month (and sometimes alot more) but end up using the mobile towards end of month instead of land line just to use the free mins up!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..