Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2006, 12:20   #1
God Member

Fisticuffs at HBC

I'm surprised that no one else has already commented upon this. Apparently, at last weeks council meeting, Councillor Jones (Graham to all his mates on here) proposed a motion condeming the intended changes to Accy Post Office. After a fair bit of verbal argy-bargy, a certain Councillor Hayes invited Councillor Jones outside so that he could rip his head off....or words to that effect.

This sort of beheaviour, is of course, deplorable. It is no different from that of all those drunken yobs fighting and puking their way up and down the streets of town-centre Accy every saturday night. However, I seem to recall that a couple of years ago, in a hard-hitting initiative, HBC appointed it's very own Crime Tsar in order to crack down on this sort of thing. Unfortunatly, I cannot remember his name...can anyone help?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2006, 12:41   #2

Re: Fisticuffs at HBC

mountains molehills ott
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 12:45   #3
Resting in peace

:engsmil: I thought the referee did a sterling job, time they were brought before a panel of the general public, the watered down version of events reported will be only 'skimming over' what really went on.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 12:52   #4
I am Banned

i wonder if they will introduce a$$ kickings for people who are late with poll tax etc

the nut shoulda been sacked on the spot and banned form the town hall
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 12:57   #5
Resident Waffler

Well Mr. T he must have been selected on the grounds of personal suitability then.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 13:18   #6
I am Banned

hey graham if you look on ebay ime sure you will be able to find a head guard and a baseball bat in time for teh next meeting
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 13:23   #7
God Member

Can anyone remember the name of the Crime Tsar? Would he have been present at the meeting? He was a councillor afterall.....just what was his name? I seem to recall we had a thread on this some time ago.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 14:01   #8
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Can anyone remember the name of the Crime Tsar? Would he have been present at the meeting? He was a councillor afterall.....just what was his name? I seem to recall we had a thread on this some time ago.
I don't realy know how to put this, can't ask George Carman. was his initials, D.H,
Old 25-09-2006, 16:01   #9
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
No I can't remember his name at all

Old 25-09-2006, 19:13   #10
God Member

Who said politics is boring? Sounds like if you want to see a good boxing match the town hall is the place to be. Now who gave the lessons on brawling in the first place to councillors? What happened to them being upstanding (or is that standing counts) pillars of the community?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 19:51   #11
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
No I can't remember his name at all
Course you can name him and shame him stop pussyfooting around it's not my thread, it's tealeaf's, so keep e'm in suspense.
Old 25-09-2006, 20:02   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I think it would have been quite funny to see that.
Old 25-09-2006, 21:34   #13
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

That Mr Doug Hayes has needed bringing down a peg or two for years, snotty nosed etc.........

Before you start I'm not Labour I just vote for the best candidate at the time of an election.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:36   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I wonder if he will do the right thing and apologise for his pathetic outburst by resigning his seat.
Old 25-09-2006, 21:42   #15
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W.
Course you can name him and shame him stop pussyfooting around it's not my thread, it's tealeaf's, so keep e'm in suspense.
There's a hyperlink there Ianto. My text was tongue in cheek - hence the

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..