Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2011, 20:56   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Fuel prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Mobertol when I gave over smoking in 1978 fags were 40p a packet, god knows what they are now, oh yes and a pint of Lions Mild was 25p about the same time
Blimey tha must have drunk in some posh gaffs Jaysay, i think i recall paying around 16/17p at that time...although age may have blunted my memory a bit!..I know my first pints were in the Bridge & Commercial in Accy & Dirty Duck in Blackburn in 1974 & it was about 14/15p then!

Heck...seems a lifetime ago..almost is really! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2011, 09:43   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Blimey the must have drunk in some posh gaffs Jaysay, i think i recall paying around 16/17p at that time...although age may have blunted my memory a bit!..I know my first pints were in the Bridge & Commercial in Accy & Dirty Duck in Blackburn in 1974 & it was about 14/15p then!

Heck...seems a lifetime ago..almost is really! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy
Can remember me and the brother-in-law going in the Coach and Horses every Friday and two pints of Lion Mild were 50p that was 77, in 71 Thwaites Bitter was 9p pint, can remember remarking to the Landlord of the White Bull in New Lane, Ernie Gribble, that we would soon be unable to get 10 pints to the pound
Old 22-10-2011, 10:45   #18
God Member

You can still get a pint for £1 in some places in Tenerife -Dorada or Reina though -the local lagers. A full english breakfast is about 3.50 euros too!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 10:47   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
You can still get a pint for £1 in some places in Tenerife -Dorada or Reina though -the local lagers. A full english breakfast is about 3.50 euros too!
Quite a few bars in Benidorm still selling pints for €1 too!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 22-10-2011, 10:52   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Quite a few bars in Benidorm still selling pints for €1 too!

Best Regards - Taggy
See there has been some pretty bad weather round your neck of the woods - (Cala Finestrat) two British pensioners got swept away and have drowned...looks like the local council may be to blame for paving a ravine! If it's anything like Tenerife when it rains, boy does it rain...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 12:24   #21
I am Banned

Groove is going to invest in a penny farthing.....
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 13:43   #22
God Member

so camerons butt kissing to the new leaders of libya isnt paying off yet then ?

Im sure when he starts selling them weapons to ensure they maintain peace as they see it the dividends will pay off

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 13:47   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
so camerons butt kissing to the new leaders of libya isnt paying off yet then ?

Im sure when he starts selling them weapons to ensure they maintain peace as they see it the dividends will pay off
Ya believe he has a meeting arranged next week to get a few tips from butt kisser in chief Blair
Old 22-10-2011, 13:50   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya believe he has a meeting arranged next week to get a few tips from butt kisser in chief Blair
yeah blairs butt kissing didnt acheive much either apart from freeing a libyan terrorist

oh hang on that was scotlands doing and had nothing to do with our government what so ever ( cough) bull ( cough)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 13:59   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
See there has been some pretty bad weather round your neck of the woods - (Cala Finestrat) two British pensioners got swept away and have drowned...looks like the local council may be to blame for paving a ravine! If it's anything like Tenerife when it rains, boy does it rain...
Was an awful flash flood, very sad news indeed, its an area that's had probs before & needs looking at, its a dried up river bed that area, which unbelievably houses a market!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 22-10-2011, 14:02   #26
God Member

Quote:
That market is held every Friday and has been held there for years.
It is in a dried up river bed blocked off by the Franco Regime.
I have two friends who stand that market and await to hear from them soon.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..