Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2006, 20:17   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Graham Jones

Thanks you 2. Now I am off to Blockbuster so i can watch it again.
Old 19-05-2006, 20:42   #17
I am Band

Exclamation Re: Graham Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Did Mongo get promoted to Sheriff ?
I think we should all apologise for the appalling thread wander.
But before we put the "Blazing Saddles" theme to bed, take a look at this. You'll find all the relevant details here: http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0071230/

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 20:45   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
I think we should all apologise for the appalling thread wander.
What makes you think the thread has wondered from my original idea
Old 20-05-2006, 06:06   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Graham, being the public spirited (read bored) person that I am, I have found you some ideas for training courses to help you in your new role. You could spend some of the extra £8000 you will get as opposition leader on them.

Course 1

Course 2

Course 3

And last but not least I think this one would be very helpfull

Course 4
Old 20-05-2006, 08:25   #20
I am Banned

dont forget course 5

course 5
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 08:55   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I thought so. So is it true then Graham?
After I heard about it I could not stop laughing thinking about that scene from Blazing Saddles, you know the one with the beans. It think it sums you up very well
Not in my name Neil. Watch what you say.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 10:26   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones
Not in my name Neil. Watch what you say.
Sorry but I don't understand that, please explain.
Old 20-05-2006, 10:39   #23
Give, give, give member

It's easy to knock people that stand for public office, and I've done my fair share, but without them, for whatever reasons they may have, we would be in a real fix.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 11:07   #24
God Member

If we didnt target those in public office then we would have no one to take potshots at. To think if we didnt we could all end up watching old soap operas all day.

It is fun when in jest providing the target can take it that way.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 12:42   #25
God Member

Well, I for one, would like to offer my heartiest congratulations to Graham. The responsibility he has taken on is onerous and, in the main, thankless.

I hope that he will now be in a better position to persuade the rest of his collegues that an occaisional appearance online in this forum is a good idea. And I also hope that he will do everything he can to thwart the dark designs of the Idiot-in-Chief. A little less political correctness and a good deal more honest and open administration would do the borough a world of good.
Old 20-05-2006, 12:45   #26
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J

It is fun when in jest providing the target can take it that way.
well said m8

chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 14:35   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob

I hope that he will now be in a better position to persuade the rest of his collegues that an occaisional appearance online in this forum is a good idea.
Well, you've now got the local Labour MP and the local leader of the Labour Group posting - that's not bad, plus you've got the local Lib Dem representative (not a councillor per se). All we really need now is an open and honest member of the Conservative party to join us - now where would we find one of them?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 15:12   #28
Give, give, give member

It is a fairly thankless task being a local councillor, and on the whole I'm sure they do try their best if contacted by their constituents.

It must be a bit discouraging for the local Conservative party that they don't seem able to muster any younger people willing to stand for the council. They must look longingly at the youthful leader and fresh people like Gayle and Claire Hamilton willing to stand for Labour, as they slip further into late middle age.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 17:29   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
All we really need now is an open and honest member of the Conservative party to join us - now where would we find one of them?
More chance of you stepping foot on the moon than getting an answer to that Gayle. Maybe its beneath them to join our merry band here.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 17:45   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Well, I for one, would like to offer my heartiest congratulations to Graham. The responsibility he has taken on is onerous and, in the main, thankless.

I hope that he will now be in a better position to persuade the rest of his collegues that an occaisional appearance online in this forum is a good idea. And I also hope that he will do everything he can to thwart the dark designs of the Idiot-in-Chief. A little less political correctness and a good deal more honest and open administration would do the borough a world of good.
Thanks A-B. I think I will look to do this year and next year, our AGM providing. Then I am thinking that I have done 6 years and it will be time to consider packing up or whether to go on do another full 4 years more. It all boils down to whether I believe I can make a difference or not. If not, I'll be resigning.

Political correctness
I have said on here before, there is to much intolerance to other people's point of view. Particularly amongst some people who probably misrepresent religion.

Open and Honest Administration
I have long advocated this. Only by our own collective will can we do the best for Hyndburn. If decisions aren't transparent, information concealed in depths of bureacracy then people stop believing in the system.

Last edited by g jones; 20-05-2006 at 17:56.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..