Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2012, 17:37   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Gridlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I wish think its her who would have a grin on her face if I did that these days Rindi
Na thinking about it not so much a grin as a flaming great big smile, accompanied by the words ah bless
Old 29-08-2012, 17:56   #17

The early nurse catches the worm.......: hidewall:
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 18:31   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
The early nurse catches the worm.......: hidewall:
Not even sure its that these days Alan
Old 30-08-2012, 07:32   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The district nurse came to see me today she was an hour behind her schedule
I used to have a car like that.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 09:25   #20
Senior Member+

to add to all the road chaos in accrington, they have now decoded, to close 2 lanes(one in each direction) of dunk way, so they can cut the grass in the central reservation, there was about 20 of em, just got back from dropping the lad of at myerscough,(apperantley he missed the bus, but HE was there ON TIME!,the bus was early.......the bus was EARLY!!!!)

i set off at 8, 2 hours to myerscough n back
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 09:43   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
to add to all the road chaos in accrington, they have now decoded, to close 2 lanes(one in each direction) of dunk way, so they can cut the grass in the central reservation, there was about 20 of em, just got back from dropping the lad of at myerscough,(apperantley he missed the bus, but HE was there ON TIME!,the bus was early.......the bus was EARLY!!!!)

i set off at 8, 2 hours to myerscough n back
Taking your time were you
Old 21-09-2012, 18:15   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Years ago there was no rush hour around here, and no regular traffic jams, unless there was a specific reason, such as an accident/road works etc.

I realised this is no longer the case last year, when I was a passenger in a car and it took over one hour to travel down King St., at around five p.m., just trying to get from Blackburn Rd., to the roundabout near the viaduct.

Today was even worse, as it was only around two o'clock in the afternoon. Fifty two minutes from Union St, along the short stretch of Blackburn Road, to the other side of the roundabout on Eagle St.

Our driver said this is a regular occurence now , at any hour of the day.
Well its well known at the moment of the roadworks at the junction of Blackburn Rd & King St. traffic lights which is causing massive gridlock in the area. As for Tesco's causing extra traffic, I doubt it there's hardly anyone shopping in the store. There was always tailbacks there & on Eagle St at rush hour even before Tesco's was built. A sign of the times too many people have cars, those that work all seem to leave at the same time to get home, its not just Accy, have you tried coming past Blackburn hospital at rush hour?
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 20:51   #23

My office is just off Blackburn Road and it is horrendous getting to and from work at the moment, no matter what time I set off I am late for work, fortunately I have a very understanding boss. It seems that apart from the disgrace on Blackburn Road there are roadworks all over the place which is backing up traffic all over Accrington, it's terrible at the moment.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 22:17   #24

Maybe it's a cunning plan to keep people in the town centre. They could be planning an add campaign. Look how busy Accy is come and see what you are missing.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..