Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2005, 12:05   #1
Give, give, give member

Grown up?

When did you first feel grown up?

Do we ever grow up?

We spend our childhood wanting to be it, literally excited every time we go up a shoe size.

When we are adults we convince ourselves that we aren't really grown up at all, it's just our bodies that grew up, and our minds are still young.

Are you grown up and when did it start, your first disco, first child, first experience of death?

I only felt grown up when I left home, and now I've moved back have reverted to being very ungrown up.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2005, 12:33   #2
Junior Member+

Re: Grown up?

Around about the age of 13, 17 now
Old 31-08-2005, 12:36   #3
Senior Member+

I'm not grown up at all. I dont look my age and i certainly dont act it unless i need to and to me its fine.

I dont understand how people can be grown up all the time so so serious im 28 and i dont look it and i certainly dont feel it.

Your only as old as the man that you feel in my case daddiboo is younger than me so in which case i will be forever young.

I hope when i get old i will be just like my nanna she was lovely she was funny and always made me laugh because she was daft.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 12:48   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thought i was grown up at 13 when i went in my first pub. now 40 odd years on i know i was WRONG lolll
Old 31-08-2005, 14:21   #5
God Member

Grown up?? What does that mean?? I don't think I ever truly want to grow up though on occasions I do have to act it but most of the time I'm just plain daft!

I can remember though when I bought my first piece of clothing in ladies adult size instead of kids, it was a grey denim mini skirt, size 8, I was about 14yrs old, it prob wouldn't fit round one leg now though!! lol

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 15:51   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I'll let you know when I grow up....

I think that the first inkling of adulthood came at school. It was the summer of 1980 and I was 12. A terrible thunder storm killed a boy and injured a few others while we were on our way inbetween buildings to get to classes. There was a lot of hysteria, people screaming and sobbing after the event. We had gone into chemistry class straight after where the hysteria continued. Our teacher could do nothing with the class and a few of the girls were wailing loudly. I carried on with my experiment and just said there's no point becoming hysterical because it won't change anything or help anyone, the best we can do is to just get on with it. Our Chemmie teacher said that I was way too mature for my years, but I reckon that that kind of attitude has stuck with me and helps me in my everyday life now.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 16:24   #7
God Member

We are all big kids at heart and never realy grow up (Peter Pan our hero)

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 18:29   #8
I am Banned

im 21 and never want to grow up, in fact i dont think i will, i go out drinking and having to much of a good time, i can be very childish but i can also be mature but not grown up.

my parents say i had a very long childhood in which i can very happily say i did and loved every minute of it i loved it that much that im still living it now, my eyes still go as big as saucers when i see sweets on a shop counter and i get all excited when i walk into a toyshop and start pressing all the buttons. if i could get away with it now (which i probably could) i would still be climbing trees, making mud pies, chasing boys, doing handstands and show my knickers of to the world! crying if i fell down and graze my knee and playing kissycatch!

i dont want children (which i know is selfish to say) but if i did i would have to be responsible in a certain way and grow up.
im going to see my favourite boy band in october twice they were from eight years ago when i was at high school people think its emberassing to still like your boyband idols but i dont care! they are my younger year memories and i will be screaming and crying when i watch them but soo what! your only as young as you feel and im still a baby i got plenty of years to still be young yet! im quite happy to pass away being young at heart!!
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 18:39   #9
God Member

Boo you live in a pub a shortage of drink will not be a problem. Besides did no one tell you that after you reach 21 its all down hill he he he

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 31-08-2005, 19:37   #10
Give, give, give member

Boo hun, what a great out look.

I do think having children must make you grow up a bit, as there are other people that depend on you totally, leaving a little less time to be selfishly carefree. When my parents were my age I was away at college and my brother was working, they certainly weren't going out to all night raves and getting off their faces.

This may all change if I have a knock on the door from a long lost son or daughter, lol.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 19:42   #11
Beacon of light

I have never felt 'grown up'..........I am waiting for it to happen!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 20:13   #12
God Member

Why should we grow up it would be boring if we did and became prim and proper. Could you emagine this site if G-man grew up

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 31-08-2005, 20:34   #13
God Member

GROW UP??? why?? whats the fun it that.......................

Don't think i will ever grow up, sometimes i laugh at the most silly things, and think "god I'm acting like a teenager" GOOD!!!!!!

Sometimes when me and tinks are fooling around, even the kids look at us like we are the kids, and they are the adults.
Has anyone ever seen the Haribo advert????? where the parents are getting done off the kids???? well thats me and tinks when we are on one.
Change???? NEVER EVER EVER

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 20:51   #14
God Member

Grow up ........... NOOO I'm not doing that ..... no way!!

I know I've gone to far the other way when the kids are telling me to behave!!!

lmao! I just seen Slinks post and my oldest 2 squibs and their mates think me and Slinks are ace to hang out with ......... scarey thought lol!!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 31-08-2005 at 20:54.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 21:09   #15
God Member

Talking Re: Grown up?

Why should kids have all the fun besides we are less likly to be arrested....... arnt we

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..