Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2007, 22:48   #16
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: Harry and Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
they shouldnt of let anyone know he was going/gone till he came back, i blame the forces for letting people know.....silly people

I agree. This country has announced it to the world at large. If Harry is too precious to go and do the job he's supposed to be trained for he should not have been allowed to join the army in the first place. To inform al quaeda and all the rest that he might go is just farcical.
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2007, 02:18   #17
God Member

As a mother of a lad who has been to iraq already and afghan and who is soon to return to one of these zones for yet a second time (like the first time wasnt worrying enough) I dont think harry should go,
When i first heard the news i was all for him going and being allowed to put his training into action as he wished to but having seen the latter reports I personally think he will be putting the lads alongside him at a greater risk than ever, its not harry,s fault , hes a young lad wanting to do what hes been trained to do, but even he ,after the threats made against him should bow out and not go.. it has all been made far to public to put young lads lives at risk unnessesarily.
Its hard enough for the guys out there as it it without having to watch their backs even more with harry alongside them , im sure the forces could find a more suitable placeing for him at this moment in time without openly endangering others....
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 09:39   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
As a mother of a lad who has been to iraq already and afghan and who is soon to return to one of these zones for yet a second time (like the first time wasnt worrying enough) I dont think harry should go,

Its hard enough for the guys out there as it it without having to watch their backs even more with harry alongside them , im sure the forces could find a more suitable placeing for him at this moment in time without openly endangering others....
This was exactly the point I was raising when I opened this thread.

Nowt to do with the issue of insurgents / terrorists / freedom fighters. -- call them what you want.
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 20:48   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedi View Post
One mans terrorist is indeed anothe mans freedom fighter. I must say I agree with Flash though- personally not that concerned at the risk he poses to himself that is what he is in the army for BUT- the guys he is with will immediately be out at greater risk. the answer is quite simple dont let the royal family serve in the forces.
An even better sollution would of course be to not have a Royal Family at all- what a wonderful world this would be.
Freedom fighters, my Aunt Fanny. Only if you consider Sharia a hospitable climate. Harry should go with his men. I don't consider him to be any different than others of his military rank. Yes, royalty is an anachronism. But as long as you still have them, they ought to fulfill their duty. English kings and other royals were always in the heat of battle in times past. What's the big deal now?
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 21:40   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
English kings and other royals were always in the heat of battle in times past. What's the big deal now?

Big yellow streaks in certain people in certain places.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 11:06   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
What's the big deal now?
The "Big Deal" is explained in Cherokee`s post. With respect, if you had read the original post and Cherokee`s you would note that the concern was about the other Troopers in the squad and not about Harry.
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 13:50   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owd Bert View Post
The "Big Deal" is explained in Cherokee`s post. With respect, if you had read the original post and Cherokee`s you would note that the concern was about the other Troopers in the squad and not about Harry.
agree entirely owd bert, that was what i was alluding to in post3.
Old 30-04-2007, 23:01   #23
God Member

Looks like he is a definate to go. Better be ready for the back lash and accusations that they are trying to do away with him.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 18:04   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owd Bert View Post
I did read the post. If the media would stop making Harry a frontpage story and announcing his deployment and whereabouts, maybe he could just go and do his duty and the men with him likewise. If not, then perhaps no future Royal should serve in the military.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:28   #25
God Member

I believe that George Bush has two daughters, both in their early twenties. I would assume they are in the military; are either of 'em in Iraq? If not, why not?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:31   #26
I am Banned

Cos he'd rather other people did his dirty work for him without his hands getting mucky
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 15:30   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I believe that George Bush has two daughters, both in their early twenties. I would assume they are in the military; are either of 'em in Iraq? If not, why not?
Probably for the same reason that Tony Blairs son (the one who seems so fond of the bottle) isn't there
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..