Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2006, 19:29   #16
God Member

Re: Have You Started Yet ?

Billcat .....I remember Andy Rooney doing a bit on 60 minutes and how his bank has them , must be an east coast thing, I dont know of a bank in the whole Bay Area which has them
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2006, 21:47   #17
Accy Goddess

I have got a few things for the grandchildren but not has much as I usually have by now.
Going to have to get my skates on or it will be here before we know it.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 21:53   #18
Resting in Peace

only 11 weeks till christmas get shopping hehe
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 18:29   #19
God Member

Well I made a very feeble attempt at Christmas shopping today. I purchased my son's Globe lamp.

He enjoys looking where different countries are and likes geography at school so i bought this Globe Lamp from Woolworths that plugs into the mains and acts as a light too.

Dunno when I will do the rest

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 18:37   #20
God Member

At least you made a start - i havent even thought about it yet ive still got 3 birthdays yet 2 next week and 1 in December. Tell a lie asked my eldest nephew what he wanted and he gave me a clothes catalogue to have a look through - cheapest thing in it was a hat that was £20. Told him to have a rethink! His younger brother - i dont want anything!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 18:38   #21
God Member

I haven't started buying yet but will do shortly, think thats a great idea from Marg P, will have to try that.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 18:41   #22
Senior Member+

Almost finnished getting the lads pressies now
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 18:42   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh
At least you made a start - i havent even thought about it yet ive still got 3 birthdays yet 2 next week and 1 in December.

HMMM tell me about it. I have my Nieces birthday on the 2nd November, then I have my own sons Birthday on 13th December, then tother Nieces birthday on 22nd December!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG now you got me panicking Jen.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 18:45   #24
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

spent about £200 at toys r us last week! and thats just the begining!
Old 30-10-2006, 21:02   #25
Senior Member+

Got Siobhan's at the weekend, we will be sitting down one night going through the argos catalogue and reserving everything online like we did last year, had everything collected and loaded into the car in half an hour it was so much easier.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 21:40   #26
Resting in Peace

PHEW .. you lot exhausting me already.

Now, time for me to relax .. not many relations .. daughter 41 .. too old for Chrissie pres., maybe gesture of bottle of perfume; son 24 .. earning more than me !!.. so new suit/clothing or cheque,; grandaughter 16 .. well, she loves trip to Afleck's Palace, so will spoil her; brother solvent, and agreed not to waste money spending on each other. Don't really want anything from them to be honest.

SOOoo ... after all those years of indulging on me kids and putting them first .. just going to be ME, ME, ME ....... can't wait to get started, bit like Scrooge in reverse

Oh yes, just the secret Santa at work ... five quid.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 21:41   #27
Senior Member+

I remember the fun of buying for my children when they were little and the whole family thing. A proper Christmas.

It isn't celebrated until the 6th January here, Three Kings' Day, or twelfth night but the ex-pats do have the odd party here and there on Xmas Eve.

We did push the boat out last year and visited Iceland to buy a turkey and all the trimmings. Such a waste of time and money just for the two of us. Never again.

Having checked out the restaurant prices for this Xmas Day, I've decided against that too!! I haven't told 'im indoors yet but we are having a wander around the village, a few beers and then home for steak and chips!

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 09:31   #28

iv just started xmas shoppin
carl hurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 09:39   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Well I made a very feeble attempt at Christmas shopping today. I purchased my son's Globe lamp.

He enjoys looking where different countries are and likes geography at school so i bought this Globe Lamp from Woolworths that plugs into the mains and acts as a light too.

Dunno when I will do the rest
ah ive just got one for my son too from woolworths for xmas,is it for your eldest too?i havnt got much either yet,i was waiting for the pre xmas sales but i dont think theirs gonna be any,i think that the shops have brought out the toys and xmas things early this year
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 09:42   #30
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I made a half hearted start at the weekend but then realised that I have a few birthdays to buy for before Christmas. I have a weeks holiday from work next week and am planning to get the bulk of the shopping done then....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..