Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2006, 16:53   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: HBC leader in frock shock!

His alledged quote-

'I am the leader of the council and I say where the bus station goes and that's all there is to it.'

brings to mind Marie Antoinette. Does his shop sell crinolines as well?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-04-2006, 16:54   #17

if there are 2 sites that are suitable flip a bloody coin for petes sake ( excuse the pun )
wkd_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2006, 17:53   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
It is considered a very serious matter to get yourself in a position where you are chairing a committee then ensure that a decision is made that could be in your favour and not declare an interest.
Well, you should know Gayle:engsmil:
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2006, 18:03   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
Well, you should know Gayle
Now that has got me interested.
Are you suggesting Gayle has been a naughty girl?
Maybe you would like to explain what you are accusing her of.
Old 27-04-2006, 18:45   #20
God Member

Yes please explain what you are accusing me of.

I don't chair any meetings for a start!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2006, 18:57   #21
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Yet again someone wants to make allegations without substance.
By all means accuse Gayle or any of us if we have done something. Making accusations without backing them up just makes you look silly and suggests you are just trying to have cheap digs at Gayle.
Old 28-04-2006, 23:54   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
And the problem with that is? There seams little point of being in charge if you can't make decisions. Yes I know it will go to a vote but don't the Tories have most Councillors at the moment to vote his way. Sounds like Cllr. Jones is wishing he had some power - maybe a touch of green eyed monster going on here.
Peter had little interest in the location prior to his lease. He stands to make (or lose) thousands of pounds. However consultants, highways engineers, planners, architects, bus companies, the county council, the public are against the site. No one is in favour.

The bus companies do 1 million passsengers per year, 62 buses per hour. They say Peel Street is unsafe; "the next fatality is just around the corner" they told Peter recently. There were recently 4 argumentative rows between them and Peter. They threatened to pull all services in and out of Accrington because of the nonsense Peter was talking.

Back in 2004 the architect Roman Strazla was asked to draw up 2 plans for Peel Street. The Tory cabinet agreed with him they were both unsatisfactory. They accepted that Edgar Street was the prefered site.

The Council have just used £100,000's Elevate (govt) monies to have a town centre master plan done. This will enable CPO's and and smooth planning permissions if neccessary. LCC are in consultation but it will be funded more than likely by private finance, hence LCC's reduced role, though they are the highways authority.

Peter has made it clear where and what he wants against alll advice and opinion without informing anyone of his personal interest. In the LET Feb 2006 he said the reason for a £3m bus station on Peel Street was "We want to keep that part of town vibrant". His deputy said if they moved it it would adversely affect businesses in that area.

Brian Walmsley. Tory cabinet member when quizzed by the public about why Peter had not mentioned his interest when confronting planners, architecets, LCC, bus operators etc.. said "I'd rather not answer that, i might lose my cabinet post".

Cllr Walsmsley like many had long considered Edgar Street or Eastgate as the two options along with all other experts and the public. When asked why he did not know of a cabinet shift in policy to Peel Street he said something like "i must have missed that memo".

The whole fiasco has dragged because Peter wants Peel Street and everyone else wants anywhere but Peel Street due to serious safety reasons and the fact there are only 17 stands and Accrington needs 23 (now) plus at least 6 lay overs. Thats before Pilikingtons return to operation. The bus inspectors (the ones left after the latest sackings) have warned contnualy about the safety of Peel Street and of the high risk of loss of life as it currently is.

I do not own a number of properties. I own a house I intend to move into on Hodder Street which was vacant for a while before a friend leased it temporarily and then an old woman (approached us) and said she would like it for a while. We decided to do up our house we were going to sell on Cedar Street instead. Peter tells lies for fun and people who are easily influenced (or plain stupid) buy into them.

Peter is a very ambitous person who can pull the wool over peoples eyes easily (and he boasts about it to). Neil needs to question more the facts rather than offer a knee jerk reaction. Why don't you read the Councillors Code of Conduct and the Standards Board for England rules before engaging your ill informed opinion.

All I can say is what people around here say about me. You get it straight, whether you like it or you don't. I care about were I live, Hyndburn, not what I can get out of it.

As an honest person, it is my duty to report anything that is wrong. Anything less is a neglect of duty. Lining your own pockets is a very serious matter.

Last edited by g jones; 29-04-2006 at 00:06.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 00:07   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones
Peter had little interest in the location prior to his lease. He stands to make (or lose) thousands of pounds. However consultants, highways engineers, planners, architects, bus companies, the county council, the public are against the site. No one is in favour.

The bus companies do 1 million passsengers per year, 62 buses per hour. They say Peel Street is unsafe; "the next fatality is just around the corner" they told Peter recently. There were recently 4 argumentative rows between them and Peter. They threatened to pull all services in and out of Accrington because of the nonsense Peter was talking.

Back in 2004 the architect Roman Strazla was asked to draw up 2 plans for Peel Street. The Tory cabinet agreed with him they were both unsatisfactory. They accepted that Edgar Street was the prefered site.

The Council have just used £100,000's Elevate (govt) monies to have a town centre master plan done. This will enable CPO's and and smooth planning permissions if neccessary. LCC are in consultation but it will be funded more than likely by private finance, hence LCC's reduced role, though they are the highways authority.

Peter has made it clear where and what he wants against alll advoce and opinion without informing anyone of his personal interest. In the LET Feb 2006 he said the reason for a £3m bus station on Peel Street was "We want to keep that part of town vibrant". His deputy said if they moved it it would adversely affect businesses in that area.

Brian Walmsley. Tory cabinet member when quizzed by the public about why Peter had not mentioned his interest when confronting planners, architecets, LCC, bus operators etc.. said "I'd rather not answer that, i might lose my cabinet post".

Cllr Walsmsley like many had long considered Edgar Street or Eastgate as the two options along with all other experts and the public. When asked why he did not know of a cabinet shift in policy to Peel Street he said something like "i must have missed that memo".

The whole fiasco has dragged because Peter wants Peel Street and everyone else wants anywhere but Peel Street due to serious safety reasons and the fact there are only 17 stands and Accrington needs 23 (now) plus at least 6 lay overs. Thats before Pilikingtons return to operation. The bus inspectors (the ones left after the latest sackings) have warned contnualy about the safety of Peel Street and of the high risk of loss of life as it currently is.

I do not own a number of properties. I own a house I intend to move into on Hodder Street which was vacant for a while before a friend leased it temporarily and then an old woman (approached us) and said she would like it for a while. We decided to do up our house we were going to sell on Cedar Street instead. Peter tells lies for fun and people who are easily influenced (or plain stupid) buy into them.

Peter is a very ambitous person who can pull the wool over peoples eyes easily (and he boasts about it to). Neil needs to question more the facts rather than offer a knee jerk reaction.

All I can say is what people around here say about me. You get it straight, whether you like it or you don't. I care about were I live, Hyndburn, not what I can get out of it.

As an honest person, it is my duty to report anything that is wrong. Anything less is a neglect of duty. Lining your own pockets is a very serious matter.
There are a lot of quotes and 'facts' in there Graham. I wonder if you can substantiate any of them.

At least by this time next week all this petty bickering will go away for a couple of years untill the next Local Elections
Old 29-04-2006, 00:10   #24
Give, give, give member

...yes that's all well and good, but will taupe still be big, come the Autumn at Maison Britcliffe?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 00:10   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yet again someone wants to make allegations without substance.
By all means accuse Gayle or any of us if we have done something. Making accusations without backing them up just makes you look silly and suggests you are just trying to have cheap digs at Gayle.
allegations without substance; Neil see above post. The Standards Board for England don't put two investigators on a case without it being very serious.

I understand Peter has sent in two Standards Boards complaints about me in retaliation. Childish.

Last edited by g jones; 29-04-2006 at 07:28.
Old 29-04-2006, 00:16   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones
allegations without substance; Neil see above post. The Standards Board for England don't put two investigators on a case without it being very serious.

I understand Peter has sent in two Standards Boards complaints about mein retaliation.
I think you are confused by my post's again Graham. I did not mention Peter, my post was with regards this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
Well, you should know Gayle
I was not aware Gayle has been reported to the Standards Boards. What naughty things has she been accused of?
Old 29-04-2006, 00:41   #27
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Come on Graham, you could at least try to explain it all away after dropping Gayle in it with your above comment. I thought you were trying to score cheap point's against Conservative candidates not your own Labour comrades
Old 29-04-2006, 01:11   #28

Neil

I fail to see how Graham has dropped Gayle in it with his comments. He has stated the exact terms of the complaint to the Standards Board.
Graham is an extremely hard working and dedicated councilor.
You should stop trying to be sarcastic about him, and maybe you should try doing the work of a councilor and then you would not make some of the inane comments you have made about Graham.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 07:13   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
There are a lot of quotes and 'facts' in there Graham. I wonder if you can substantiate any of them.

At least by this time next week all this petty bickering will go away for a couple of years untill the next Local Elections
For those at the meetings or who have read the reports it's all there Neil. Local journalists were the people who first mentioned why the Labour opposition was doing nothing about it.

Last edited by g jones; 29-04-2006 at 07:29.
Old 29-04-2006, 08:49   #30
God Member

Quote:
I was not aware Gayle has been reported to the Standards Boards. What naughty things has she been accused of?

You questioned whether it would be a good thing or a bad thing to have a bus stop outside your shop - well what can be better for a business than a fresh bus load of people being dropped off in front of your shop every 20 minutes?

So you're trying to imply that I am corrupt as well, - It's an old trick using a question instead of a comment because afterwards all you need to say is 'well I only asked the question' but for the record - I have not been reported to standards and I have NOT done anything naughty.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..