Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2003, 14:36   #1
I am Banned

Post Head Lice

Jus picked up my 7yr old son from school and his 10yr old brother.. My 7yr old had a slip of paper with the title..HEAD LICE WARNING telling all parents that theres a case of headlice in school.. Which niether of my kids have..

My 7yr old son on seeing his brother come out of class went running accross a yard packed with parents who havent got there slip yet .....shouting

Look at me I have got a headlice certificate....

Arrgh how embarresing.. I told him he hasn't and I told him headlice are disgusting.. he said no there not.. I said yes they are. he said no there not.. Loads of people have them...

Argggh
Son we need to talk

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-09-2003, 15:13   #2
Resting in Peace

Post Re: Head Lice

All kids get them at some time harry ;D
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2003, 15:22   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

;D They do say that headlice only live on clean heads Harry, but my mates kid kicked up a fuss when we were getting rid of hers (years ago) She said we were cruel because it's their home and they like living in her hair! [smiley=lol.gif]

Kids eh! ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2003, 15:32   #4
Jo

Think it's better to tell kids that headlice are a fat, thatb everyone gets them, and not that they're dirty, otherwise if and when they DO get them, they can get really upset. I know I did!!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2003, 16:38   #5
God Member

It's better 'aving em on yer head than further down....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2003, 16:44   #6
I am Banned

Whoooooooooosh

yes I know all kids get them blah blah.. the point was.. Mine thouht he had a certificate for getting them and that they are somehting to be proud of...

I dunno... get me crayons out next time
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2003, 16:53   #7
God Member

The teachers are probably members of the League Against Cruel Sports or some similar crackpot organisation...they probably equate killing headlice with foxhunting...and probably wear T.Shirts with "Proud to have Lice" bunged across the front..
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2003, 18:12   #8
Senior Member+

those letters were also going around at saint nicks last week. what ever happened to nitty nora is she still about.
Old 24-09-2003, 19:42   #9

cut backs  no nitty nora the bug explorer any more :'(
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2003, 20:01   #10
Accy Goddess

Mine were in fested almost every summer in the end i was told to stop using vosine shampoo because it was making their hair too clean.
They are harder to get rid of nowadays because they are building up an immunity against all the different lotions and potions out there.
Prevention is better than cure and regular useage of teetree shampoo and conditioner will help. You can also buy nit combs that zap the little bliters.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2003, 23:26   #11
Caz
God Member

[quote author=janet link=board=general;num=1064414161;start=0#7 date=09/24/03 at 19:12:14]those letters were also going around at saint nicks last week. what ever happened to nitty nora is she still about. [/quote]

Not any more.

Not actually allowed to do it now as far as I know.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2003, 04:47   #12

theres a head lice mousse out dont know if it works
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2003, 07:16   #13

My daughter got a letter from nursery last week about it also
Old 25-09-2003, 09:37   #14
Senior Member+

suppose they would call nitty nora a child abuser if she was going through your hair now cazzer.
Old 25-09-2003, 10:52   #15

There is nothing wrong with getting the nits its only disgusting if you do nothing about it and dont attempt to get rid of them.

It you have dirty hair then the nits dont like it and jump on to clean hair!
malibu is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..