Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2008, 20:20   #166

Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If you feel the post requires reporting then you have a report button..it is a little triangle with an exclamation mark in it......personally, I think it is another 'mountains and molehills'.
Oh and by the way Thomas......expletives and asterisked swear words are frowned on, as this is a family friendly forum. Just thought I would warn you in advance..in case someone has reported your posts.
In that case, I guess the whole thread should be removed.
thomas.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-06-2008, 20:22   #167
Beacon of light

Well, them PM one of the Mods and they will discuss it with you seeing as it was you who instigated the thread.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 20:23   #168
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.lee View Post
I feel the same Gayle, absolutely uncalled for. This member should be reported.

What sort of sick person suggests that lesbian/gay couples abuse young children?!
an ignorant bigot , he probably thinks that kids mother from Dewsbury should get a Mother of the Year award , because she is straight .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 20:33   #169
God Member

I wonder if the ad was removed because people are too stupid to see the humor? I wonder if those who see a gay couple raising children would also take seriously Jonathan Swift's Modest Proposal.

It must be a slow summer for news if bs can attract so much attention
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 21:13   #170
Give, give, give member

Quote:
In that case, I guess the whole thread should be removed.
Ignorance can, and has been answered by reasoned, tolerant debate.

Margaret P is quite right.

Swearing and bad language is against forum rules.

People are entitled to their opinion, even if you disagree with it.

Personally I find intelligent argument, much more effective than churlish, foul language.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 21:17   #171
Beacon of light

Yes Garinda, the kind of post I was referring to does nothing to further his cause, and once personal insults are thrown, then the argument is lost.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 22:01   #172
white rabbits

If HEINZ can cause all this stress then give us HELLMANS,and if you put a add on the tele,please make it so that us meer simple minded people can get the correct meaning,,,,We arnt all rocket scientists
Old 25-06-2008, 22:09   #173
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Quote:
I feel the same Gayle, absolutely uncalled for. This member should be reported.

What sort of sick person suggests that lesbian/gay couples abuse young children?!
You could try that little red triangle in the bottom left hand corner of my post instead of waiting for someone else to do it.

The same sort of sick person that is in denial that some couples in all shades of sexual persuasion abuse not just their own kids but others too.
Old 25-06-2008, 22:19   #174
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
The same sort of sick person that is in denial that some couples in all shades of sexual persuasion abuse not just their own kids but others too.
Are you playing with half a deck today? Even for you that made very little sense.

There is a very big difference between a homosexual and a paedophile, to think they are the same thing shows you for what you really are a small minded bigot!

Yes I know your going to start whining all over again because you think I'm getting at you, but, good grief man? Where do you get your values from?

Having said all this your statement is just ambiguous enough for YOU to go into denial and say that I have got it all wrong and it's not what you meant.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 22:37   #175
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

I think that there should be a new forum rule. One that reads something like this:-
“If any member has an opinion on a topic that differs from the majority, that member must change their opinion to fall in line with the majority.”

I have given my view on that advert and explained why I formulated it. If people don’t like that view then it’s just too bad.

That is my last word in this thread.
Old 25-06-2008, 22:46   #176
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well i'm taking bets.
Old 25-06-2008, 22:52   #177
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well i'm taking bets.
You're on. I have a wooden nickle someplace
Old 25-06-2008, 22:59   #178
God Member

It's a long way from a substandard ad for Heinz's substandard products to an argument that gays are paedophiles ... I think that the prejudice was there long before the ad. Having said that, I don't think people should jump all over JB, just 'cause he is expressing his opinion, however misguided I personally think it is. And unfortunately it is an opinion held by millions of people in your country ... and just about everyone in middle America and rural Canada.
Old 25-06-2008, 23:02   #179
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
It's a long way from a substandard ad for Heinz's substandard products to an argument that gays are paedophiles ... I think that the prejudice was there long before the ad. Having said that, I don't think people should jump all over JB, just 'cause he is expressing his opinion, however misguided I personally think it is. And unfortunately it is an opinion held by millions of people in your country ... and just about everyone in middle America and rural Canada.
you tart eric, ya only posted JB, cos hes gone.
Old 25-06-2008, 23:33   #180
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you tart eric, ya only posted JB, cos hes gone.
What a silly bunt I am (my thanx to Monty Python) ... I keep forgetting the time differnce. I think that Accy should be on Eastern Standard Time

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..