Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2005, 22:30   #16
white rabbits

Re: how depressing is eastenders?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
Wouldn't waste my time watching Eastenders. Now Corrie that's a differant matter, don't like to miss that.
exactly ....and emerdale
Old 11-12-2005, 22:34   #17
Give, give, give member

I haven't watched it since they killed off Ethel's little Willie.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 00:02   #18
Senior Member+

*L*

those annoying girls at the slaters are really doin my head in with their talkin. its cockney x10 worse.

and everyone works in the square its like come on does no one else have a decent job?! in a city that has the highest paid careers are u all beggars and thieves?!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:23   #19
I am Banned

i think the christmas plot should be the Well Ard get rabis and mauls all the square to death then runs off into the sunset with the christmas turkey
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:03   #20
Senior Member+

If you want to know whats happening in your favourite soaps this is the web site i use !

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 08:36   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
i mean come on!!

have some crimbo cheer!!!

everyone's crying, dying, moping around feelin sorry for themselves...

come on beeb! it is christmas!

festive cheer and all that

and bring some totty to the screen! if corrie can...

Dunno, all seems pretty realistic to me!
Old 13-12-2005, 09:32   #22
God Member

If it was me writing Eastenders I would have a fresh start and get back to something that is real. Yes there is heartbreak etc around Christmas for us all but that dosnt mean it has to be wheeled out for a ratings war. People who have lost a loved one will not get any real comfort from seeing this on a telly show as most proberly wouldnt mind a half hours distraction from what they are going through and feeling. Maybe its time the writers and producers had a shocking change and made it bright and cheerful for a change with a comic element.

This may go against the grain but a change is as good as a rest. If they want to compete with Corrie then think like the Corrie writers do and through a bit of lightheartedness and cheer in. You cant keep reallying on doom and gloom to keep high ratings as there are that many doom and gloom merchents out there or is there?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 11:51   #23
God Member

In answer to Mani's thread title 'How depressing is Eastenders?' It will be so very very depressing if they kill the only decent eye candy off! Nigel Harman
Old 14-12-2005, 15:16   #24

Everybody I know finds Eastenders depressing. Loads of people have stopped watching it. Why then is it awarded best soap over Corrie and Emmerdale?
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 17:34   #25
God Member

The people who run the contest must be afraid of "Auntie" either that or its not impartial.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005, 19:32   #26
God Member

Now that wasn't depressing tonight, that was really sad, poor Alfie! R.I.P Nana Moon ............. someone please pass me a tissue quick!!!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 16-12-2005 at 23:03.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005, 22:54   #27
Accy Goddess

Eastenders was so sad tonight.
Poor Nanna.
Things wont be the same now she's gone.
The acting by Shane was brilliant.
At least Mick was out so I could have a good cry in peace.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005, 22:56   #28
Senior Member+

*LOL*

see ths is why i dont watch it. i mean they were meant to kill her off las crimbo. but changed last minute.
i'm waitin for dot to pop her clogs. followed by any of the slaters. the dad is just as depressing. and how come u never see him work and yet he's always drinking in the vic?
Old 16-12-2005, 22:57   #29
God Member

i watched Eastenders tonight for the first time in 3/4 years.
it was the same episode as the last one i watched!! just a few name changes here and there but the storyline is always the same, some old ****** pegging it at christmas.
i thought the bbc were stopping showing repeats?!
hmm....
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005, 23:03   #30

I quite enjoy Eastenders it's a damn sight less miserable than you lot,moan,moan,moan.Corrie is dreadful at the moment and Emmerdale...no comment.The only things worth watching on tv lately are Eastenders,Lost and Liverpool FC of course

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..