Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2005, 07:52   #16
Senior Member+

Re: How Much Will This Cost HBC ??? FIRE !

Its very sad that the flat residents have had to suffer the anti-social behaviour of one of the residents of the flats, HBC do have a duty of care to residents.

May be this will help in future, the idiot should have been reported
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/Your_Co...alth/Noise.htm

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2005, 15:58   #17
Senior Member+

I know the residents have been making complaints to the council and the police but to no avail, they have not bothered to do any thing about the tennant. Hopefully the tennant will now be evicted, but at what cost to the council and the old lady in the flat below. I blame the council for not listening to the decent tennants on the street in the first place.
Old 07-08-2005, 19:23   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
I know the residents have been making complaints to the council and the police but to no avail, they have not bothered to do any thing about the tennant. Hopefully the tennant will now be evicted, but at what cost to the council and the old lady in the flat below. I blame the council for not listening to the decent tennants on the street in the first place.
If that is the case then I think HBC should be taken to task. If the tennant causing the problems was tagged as a known problem, then someone some where is not doing their job.This fact should be made public, the Evening Telegraph or other major news media.
It is sad that decent residents should have to suffer in this way, because of the lack of action by the police or local authority.

Albert Einstein.

Old 07-08-2005, 19:52   #19
God Member

I just tried your link, Park, HBC aren't at home this evening.
Old 07-08-2005, 19:59   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
I just tried your link, Park, HBC aren't at home this evening.
That's about right for HBC "well they are short of cash" a-b, but the details are that you can complain about neighbours, as in neighbours from hell, and the environmental health have to do something about it. No one in this day and age needs to suffer the noise and problems of noisy or unreasonable neighbours.

Albert Einstein.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:42   #21
God Member

Is that so. For the past eighteen months I have suffered the torments of the damned with my neighbours and no amount of complaints to HBC, and there have been many, have produced anything more than ineffectual handwringing. Apparently they have to come and wire my house with DAT recorders to collect evidence. My word is apparently not good enough. Sad thing is though, they don't have any available at the moment.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:37   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Is that so. For the past eighteen months I have suffered the torments of the damned with my neighbours and no amount of complaints to HBC, and there have been many, have produced anything more than ineffectual handwringing. Apparently they have to come and wire my house with DAT recorders to collect evidence. My word is apparently not good enough. Sad thing is though, they don't have any available at the moment.
A-B perhaps HBC are a little slow, here is a link to information on the subject from BwD web site, it may help
http://www.blackburn.gov.uk/server.p...ConWebDoc.5138
Try this link as well
http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/...er/suffer1.htm

Albert Einstein.

Last edited by park381; 08-08-2005 at 06:50. Reason: additional info
Old 09-08-2005, 21:40   #23
Senior Member+

Update on little old lady :

Ive been told that she will be re-housed in Park View for a week or two and then the council are sorting her a 1 bed bungalow up Spring Hill. Ive been told that most of her furniture is salvageable but i need to confirm this.

The upstairs flat has no roof left on the back, all windows was blown out and the plastic frames melted. The flooring has gone through to down stairs and is now borded up. No doubt HBC will now leave these as they are untill Contour take over, so the budget for our Close will be spent on that block
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 22:25   #24
I am Banned

glad to hear the old dear is ok and that at least some of her possesions are saved
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:22   #25
Senior Member+

It's good news that the lady has been re-housed, but her furniture must smell of the fire, are HBC sorting that out.

It's a shame that HBC did'nt listen to the residents, all the problems could have been avoided.

Albert Einstein.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:36   #26

now they should re-house the idiot in that big place in manchester..............
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..