Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2006, 15:28   #16
God Member

Re: I Am Very Very Angry

Hope they catch the scum bag with his DNA cos this low life must be on the database!!! Grrrr stuff like this makes me soooooooo angry

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2006, 16:08   #17
Yank in King Art's Court!

So sorry to have had this incident happen Mr. D! What a horrible thing for anyone to have to have gone through but especially someone this old. At this age, the elderly should be served with honor, dignity, and respect but nowadays many (esp. the younger generation) see them like potential targets or "throw-away objects!"

I know many of you are against the freedom we have with our guns but does my heart good when this happens and the thief/rapist gets their head blown off. I'm sure it makes our "scumbags" think a bit before they go into a house or apartment.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 16:27   #18
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
So sorry to have had this incident happen Mr. D! What a horrible thing for anyone to have to have gone through but especially someone this old. At this age, the elderly should be served with honor, dignity, and respect but nowadays many (esp. the younger generation) see them like potential targets or "throw-away objects!"

I know many of you are against the freedom we have with our guns but does my heart good when this happens and the thief/rapist gets their head blown off. I'm sure it makes our "scumbags" think a bit before they go into a house or apartment.

Brian

I know where you are coming from, it might act as a deterent from actually committing the crime, but if the scumbag thought Granny had a gun under her pillow, wouldn't the scumbag just take a gun as well?

After all if you are asleep having a gun would make no difference, you wouldn't have time to use it.

Although it has increased gun crime is still relatively rare in this country. If Granny was allowed to keep a gun it would just mean more of the criminals would carry them too.

That said, I'm sure we'd all like to take a pot shot at the cowardly piece of **** who broke into this elderly woman's house.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 16:54   #19
Yank in King Art's Court!

Yeah, you're right Rindy about the criminal then needin a gun. That's why I said it does my heart good when it works out right. There are many times when bad things happen in those situations like kids or spouse being accidentally shot. I guess I was noting a "perfect (said VERY tongue-in-cheek) world!"

Over here, it seems many break-ins are done when either the house is empty and these thiefs are just looking for a quick steel. Rarely have a weapon. The rapist type seem mostly to be armed with knives. I remeber one up in Maryland where the had a serial rapist. The stay at home Moms (who were being targeted) were prepared. One shot the ****** with a crossbow! Again, warms the heart eh?

Brian

Tough go in General today eh Rind?

Last edited by LancYorkYankee; 16-12-2006 at 16:58. Reason: Addition!
LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 18:19   #20
Resident Waffler

It's not so much the break in that gets me, though that was bad enough. It's intimidating an elderly person which makes my blood boil.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 18:36   #21
God Member

I cant begin to imagine what she must be going through, I hope she continues to be ok and I hope the police bother to try and catch him!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 19:47   #22
God Member

I just hope they manage to find them and put them away. Its awful this picking on a woman who's 88. I hope shes ok mr d.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 23:09   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

mrd i,m speechless, and sickened hope they catch the bast*** soon, only thing i fear is if its a smackhead or summat similar they will probably give the turd rehab or something utterly stupid,i hope not.
Old 17-12-2006, 00:16   #24
Super Moderator

Hope she's feeling a bit better now. My mum's 88 and lives with us and we still worry about what might happen to her while we're out at work during the day.

Let's be honest though, we're all wishing terrible punishments on this piece of scum, but it won't happen. If he's caught he'll get a community service order or maybe a light prison sentence (with early release, of course). Perhaps, Greg Pope would like to come on here and explain why his government are so weak and spineless on the law and order issue?...but don't hold your breath!
Old 17-12-2006, 00:22   #25
I am Banned

Hope your fiancee's gran is ok under the circumstances & hope they get this evil scumbag & serve him some proper justice Mr D.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2006, 15:59   #26
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

What a truly awful thing to happen to your fiance's gran. The fact that she has been targeted 4 times this year probably mean that your suspicions are correct MrD. I hope they catch the git who did this, but I worry about the pathetic punishments that these people receive.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2006, 20:33   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Over here, it seems many break-ins are done when either the house is empty and these thiefs are just looking for a quick steel. Rarely have a weapon. The rapist type seem mostly to be armed with knives. I remeber one up in Maryland where the had a serial rapist. The stay at home Moms (who were being targeted) were prepared. One shot the ****** with a crossbow! Again, warms the heart eh?

Brian

Tough go in General today eh Rind?

The one thing the perps hate is the thought that their potential victim might be armed. Countless crimes are prevented every year because people defend themselves in a variety of ways. I take to heart the advice of Annie Oakley, who thought all women should sleep with a loaded gun next to their bed. I carry concealed, too. Never leave home without my Mr. Sparky.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 11:43   #28
Senior Member+

Thanks again for you warm comments.

She is still a bit shook up, but getting over the ordeal the best she can.

Its on the front page of the telegraph today.

Will hopefully make others awaire of the possible threat and to be a bit more vigalent, especially if you are elderley and alone.

Hopefully the DNA results will be done soon and the scum can be aprehended, but we all know that the punishment will be mild.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 13:20   #29

Hi there i hope you catch the scum bag and call the police and if they do get him they want to cut is hands off then he would not do it again and i think thats if you do the DNA you will catch him .
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 14:25   #30
mez
God Member

its damm disgusting is this we really arn't safe in our own homes with these scumbags lurking......do give nan all our best wishes for a speedy recovery ...god bless her .

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..