Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2007, 14:47   #16
God Member

Re: I No Longer Live In East Lancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
On this basis does that then mean the west of Lancashire is Coastal Lancashire??

Youi have to feel sorry for the people of South Lancashire, they are at the arse end
Old 19-09-2007, 14:48   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Youi have to feel sorry for the people of South Lancashire, they are at the arse end

Hadnt thought of that.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 14:51   #18
white rabbits

I LIKE IT,,,,,,
Old 19-09-2007, 15:23   #19
God Member

Well altered my location at no extra cost - how does it look ???

Tho arse of lancashire would of been more funnier

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 16:56   #20

Quote:
If it doesn't matter why are people bothered about it being called Pennine Lancashire ?
But are they? I mean really come on be serious. Does anyone really go home at night and think god i wish it was still east lancs. I wouldnt care if it was called ding dong land or something really bad like burnley.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 16:58   #21
God Member

wouldnt bother me either, i live where i live and thats it
Old 19-09-2007, 17:01   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
But are they? I mean really come on be serious. Does anyone really go home at night and think god i wish it was still east lancs. I wouldnt care if it was called ding dong land or something really bad like burnley.

Yet another dig at Burnley. I suggest Tadah that you go and take yourself out for a walk round Accrington and have a good look round
Old 19-09-2007, 17:03   #23
God Member

Apparently it all goes back to this document....

http://www.elevate-eastlancs.co.uk/i...Lancashire.pdf

...which I believe we discussed some time ago. It is now being touted as, among other things, a monument to Tony Wilson. There is lots of talk about funding for the Weaver's Triangle in Burnley but precious little of anything for Hyndburn...oooops, sorry, Accrington and District - unless its in West Accrington. Sounds to me like old projects dressed up and relaunched in a shiny new suit.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 19-09-2007 at 17:05.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 17:03   #24

I think you will fine i am not tada. Although i have met him. It was not a dig at burnley david its called a JOKE. Sorry if it struck a nerve.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 17:05   #25
God Member

i can certainly vouch that Aleks is NOT tadah, and if anyone should know i should
Old 19-09-2007, 21:03   #26
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:

Where exactly is South Lancashire these days? Until 1974 I would have said Warrington, where I work, but the Warringtonians suddenly found themselves transported to Cheshire. Widnes hopped into Cheshire too and Wigan and St Helens found themselves in Merseyside. Bolton and Leigh are in greater Manchester, as is Oldham, so does this mean that South Lancs is Chorley?

Anyway, if East Lancs is now Pennine Lancs, where the hell is the East Lancs Road (A580) going to?
Old 19-09-2007, 21:23   #27
mez
God Member

sorry lancsdave i wasn't having a go at burnley, i quite like pennine lancashire.
Old 19-09-2007, 21:43   #28
Senior Member+

The title of Pennine Lancashire is something to boost the area in terms of tourism, etc. Other areas such as The Peak District and Lake District attract thousands of visitors every year, many of them who go there for the countryside, the walking and the views. East Lancashire has just as much to attract visitors as those places and I see no reason why this part of the county can't boost its flagging economy by moving toward tourism too.

Pennine Lancashire has some of the most beautiful countryside in the north of England, with some of the best walking too. Did you know that there are more footpaths per square mile in Pendle than anywhere else in England?

I often walk on the West Pennine Moors around Darwen and I am constantly impressed by the beautiful scenery. Let's not knock our beautiful part of the county, simply because we haven't understood the reasons behind the new name.
Old 19-09-2007, 21:47   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
sorry lancsdave i wasn't having a go at burnley, i quite like pennine lancashire.
I know you weren't
Old 19-09-2007, 21:51   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Where exactly is South Lancashire these days? Until 1974 I would have said Warrington, where I work, but the Warringtonians suddenly found themselves transported to Cheshire. Widnes hopped into Cheshire too and Wigan and St Helens found themselves in Merseyside. Bolton and Leigh are in greater Manchester, as is Oldham, so does this mean that South Lancs is Chorley?

Anyway, if East Lancs is now Pennine Lancs, where the hell is the East Lancs Road (A580) going to?
Good point actually. Doesn't Chorley class itself as Central Lancashire along with Preston ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..