Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2006, 22:59   #31
white rabbits

Re: If only I was younger .....

I wish i had learned to drive,,, I took two tests years ago and failed,so i packed it in,, now i would be too scared in todays traffic.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:21   #32
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I wish I'd done my degree earlier, in my 20's...... That way, I wouldn't have to be doing it now. That is my only real wish at this moment in time.
I have been very lucky, I'm glad that I have travelled and seen a bit of the world and I will continue to do so while I can still walk....
I'm glad that I got married to the wrong person, it has taught me not to do it again.
I just wish I'd done that degree, I struggle to find the time to do it now..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:39   #33
God Member

I always wish I'd travelled more as a teenager/student. I'd have like to spend some time doing the cruise ships and maybe a gap year before I started Uni would have meant I finished it.

Other than that I don't regret anything. I will have a go at anything that takes my fancy and have scared myself silly on numerous occasions. I've been very close to some accidents that would have kiiled me without doubt and been in accidents that will affect me for the rest of my life.

I'd like to live abroad at some point but other than that life is good for me.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:11   #34
Senior Member+

I would have looked after my teeth better.

I would have got a better education.

I would have got out more.

I would have ate less after haveing my second child.

I would have not bought a tv from tiny.

I would have learnt to drive.

I would have learnt to say NO to people.

My list is endless but one things for sure i would not change the people who are in my life none of them i love them all.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:28   #35
God Member

Yes I would change some of the things I have done but would not change others. What we have done since we were born has shaped who we are. To change that might have changed who we are and what we might have become or become as we get older. At least we have the knowledge and experience to advise others because of it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 13:27   #36
Resting in peace

I've often said, if I'd known I'd live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 14:01   #37
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
I've often said, if I'd known I'd live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
Me too Pendy!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 19:17   #38

.................................................. .......................................

Last edited by carolef; 07-04-2006 at 18:16.
carolef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 23:11   #39
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolef
i wish i'd married my teenage love !!
oohhh how sad,,Why diddent you?
Old 06-04-2006, 06:21   #40

.................................................. .....................................

Last edited by carolef; 07-04-2006 at 18:17.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:44   #41
Senior Member+

Hi Carolef, I worked at the gas board on Hyndburn Rd. and remember your house, did your mum make meals for the gas lads when we were working late? If so e-mail me, e-mail me anyway if you like.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 17:58   #42

hi ossy kid, i did live at the gas works from about 1964/65 until approx 1977 so i don,t know if you worked on the gas works then, my dad used to look after the gasomitters and the boiler and guvner houses i don't remember anybody working with him, you might remember him he was called fred, he died in 1977, it would be very nice to know if you do remember him as my memories of him are vague, i was only 12 when he died. please reply or pm me
ps, at the moment i'm researching his royal navy career during the war and after, so it would be nice if you had any recollection of him.
Old 08-04-2006, 23:39   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

my biggest regret is falling out with me nan (who looked after me 5 days a week) i wasn,t talking to her for days,then she had an accident,and never regained conciousness,i was still beating myself up 20 years later, was so pig-headed when i was young.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:26   #44
mez
God Member

if only i was younger ...well.... nope i wouldn't change a thing iv'e done ...even the mistakes ive'e made & there has been quite a few..still enjoyed my life .
Old 09-04-2006, 13:45   #45

I would have had my eldest 2 a lot later in life as I have more patience now with my youngest. I would have carried on and got my degree. I would have been more help to my mum before she died instead of listening to my whinging ex. And I would have travelled the world.
One of my ambitions is about to come true though, I am starting driving lessons this comming week. I have always wanted the chance to learn & have now been given the opportunity so stay off the roads for a while
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..