Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2007, 10:26   #31
God Member

Re: I'M LOVIN' IT...............not!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO View Post
cant stand mcdonalds coffee!
Even more so the coffee in Accy Mcd's. I have complained to the duty manager twice in the past couple of months that there coffee is not as strong as any other Mcd's. I'm convinced the machine is faulty
Old 30-07-2007, 18:30   #32
Senior Member+

Unless you buy ethically produced meat all the time,100% or are a committed veggie or vegan you really have no soap box to stand on. No one should criticise anyone's carnivorous habits ;even veggies. It's a matter of choice, I now choose to eat meat ( I was veggie for 17 years); are you a vegetarian Lilly ?
Old 30-07-2007, 20:18   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Unless you buy ethically produced meat all the time,100% or are a committed veggie or vegan you really have no soap box to stand on. No one should criticise anyone's carnivorous habits ;even veggies. It's a matter of choice, I now choose to eat meat ( I was veggie for 17 years); are you a vegetarian Lilly ?
No.I'm not a vegetarian.I don't eat a lot of meat but I'm not vegetarian.Vegetarians are strongly against the idea of slaughtering animals for food in any circumstances.As I said before,I'm not against slaughtering animals for food but this can and should be carried out in a humane way.There is no need for the barbaric cruelty practised by companies such as KFC.Why do they do the cruel things I posted in the link in my first post in this thread when it is un-necessary?I won't buy animal products that I know have not been ethically produced.I won't buy from any company that treats the animals cruelly and I won't buy battery hen's eggs as those hens are subject to un-necessary suffering too.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 20:28   #34
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Am I missing something here?Surely you don't advocate animal cruelty?If so are you the right person to be at the helm of the new pets corner in the park?I would like to think that they will be treated with care and compassion.
Of course I don't advocate animal cruelty. I just don't think there is a nice way to raise animals just so we can kill and eat them.

Which brings me on to your next point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I won't buy battery hen's eggs as those hens are subject to un-necessary suffering too.
I notice you live in Ossy. If you would like to spend some of your time helping make the park a nice place to visit then I am sure I can sort you out with some very fresh and definitely free range eggs.
Old 30-07-2007, 20:33   #35
God Member

Hey, I like omelettes you know

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 20:43   #36
God Member

[quote=Neil;454777] I just don't think there is a nice way to raise animals just so we can kill and eat them.

There is.They don't have to do the things they do to the animals.What I am against is dropping chickens fully conscious into scalding water and other atrocious acts carried out as detailed in this link.This link details some of the awful acts and how things could be done differently.
Kentucky Fried Cruelty :: Why KFC?
Old 31-07-2007, 00:54   #37
Yank in King Art's Court!

The chickens are dead befor ethey go in the scalding water bath. First they are elctric shocked, then there jugulars are cut. Any movement that goes on after that is "normal" with poultry. When we have to cut the heads off chickens they really do continue moving around ALOT. However, they are indeed quite dead. Again, it's the PETA people showing still moving chickens going in the vat and saying they are fully alive and all.

The feathers won't release from the bird unless they are dead. Hence, if the birds were going in alive, it would be a machine malfunction that would be quickly corrected.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2007, 07:52   #38
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
The chickens are dead befor ethey go in the scalding water bath. First they are elctric shocked, then there jugulars are cut. Any movement that goes on after that is "normal" with poultry. When we have to cut the heads off chickens they really do continue moving around ALOT. However, they are indeed quite dead. Again, it's the PETA people showing still moving chickens going in the vat and saying they are fully alive and all.

The feathers won't release from the bird unless they are dead. Hence, if the birds were going in alive, it would be a machine malfunction that would be quickly corrected.

Brian
sign0137.gifthanks for that, you know how to put someone off....lol
Old 31-07-2007, 12:18   #39
God Member

MacDonalds? What are you playing at Slinky, feeding this muck to kids? In terms of a Child's health, eating a quarter pounder with cheese is the equivalent of smoking 20 B & H in one go.

Cut the crap, before it's to late.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 20:58   #40
Passed away 25-11-09

So - next time - spend 15 minutes making burgers with minced beef, a little flour and a beaten egg. Fry them in a little olive oil (or grill them) and put them on warm wholemeal rolls with lettuce, tomato, relish and Light Mayonnaise and top each one with a cheddar cheese slice. Give them a milk shake each.

The toys break within a few days, or are lost, so not worth bothering about. Home made is a quarter of the cost, no petrol for the journey, takes the same amount of time as driving to and from MacDonalds and more fun if you let them help make them. I wouldn't give tuppence for a Big Mac.
Old 01-08-2007, 21:04   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
So - next time - spend 15 minutes making burgers with minced beef, a little flour and a beaten egg. Fry them in a little olive oil (or grill them) and put them on warm wholemeal rolls with lettuce, tomato, relish and Light Mayonnaise and top each one with a cheddar cheese slice. Give them a milk shake each.

The toys break within a few days, or are lost, so not worth bothering about. Home made is a quarter of the cost, no petrol for the journey, takes the same amount of time as driving to and from MacDonalds and more fun if you let them help make them. I wouldn't give tuppence for a Big Mac.
Well said again.I tried to send you some more karma but system wouldn't let me,have to spread it around
Old 02-08-2007, 12:03   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
MacDonalds? What are you playing at Slinky, feeding this muck to kids? In terms of a Child's health, eating a quarter pounder with cheese is the equivalent of smoking 20 B & H in one go.

Cut the crap, before it's to late.
Blimey give me a break will you, anyone would think I gave them McDonalds every night. NO they get it as a treat less than once a month!!! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez please put the guns away.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 19:12   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Went to Macdonald's about 20 minutes ago.

usually routine, pulls up " hiya can I have 2 happy meals, with BOYS TOYS, and a double cheese burger meal please..........."

Village Idiot " sorry we don't do meals "

Me " what you don't do meals?? "

Village Idiot " no we don't do double cheese burger meals, it doesn't have it on my key pad "

Me " since when?? "

Idiot " since as long as I have worked here "

Me " that can't be long you only finished school last week, ok do you do big MC meals?? "

Idiot " yes "

Me " well i will have that then with coke "

Idiot took money and nearly threw change at me..............." window 3 "

got home, one toy boys, one toy girls YET AGAIN.......every bloody time, but thankfully we got chicken nuggets for kids, usually they mistaken chicken nuggets for fish fingers, seen as it sounds so alike

Big MC meal consisted of a bun ( which had probably been taken out of wrapping this morning and left on side, and salad that even my mums rabbit would turn his nose up at!!!!

Good Job I wasn't eating it inside!!! cos that school girl would not have been see'ing her key pad minus the double cheese burger meal ever again.

Rant over!!!!
She probably threw the change at you 'cos you treated her like she wasn't human, manners cost nowt pal!

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 19:26   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
She probably threw the change at you 'cos you treated her like she wasn't human, manners cost nowt pal!
LMAO ..... no but my Crap Mcdonalds did PAL!!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 19:27   #45
I am Banned

Accy MD's are absolutely rubbish [cept for viks in the staff dept] the food is disgraceful, we dont bother & kids do only at protest hehehehe once we had to take a coffee back several times as the several replacements were still fished out from dish water rather than coffee
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..