Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2005, 20:44   #1
I am Banned

in todays observer

a man was fined £400 plus £300 costs for tipping some binbags in protest outside the enviromental office

so it is actually £300 cheaper to tip on the doorstep of the enviromental office than leave it outside your back gate

i say good on him for having the balls to do it although it would be better if he had rounded up a few hundred people to do the same so as to make HBC understand that the majority of us peasant folk dont think the current system is good enough

good old HBC's idea of solving a problem is to throw huge fines at those who dare complain to deter anyone else from thinking about speaking up

edit

a few peole on here have thought of doingthe same as this poor sod so at least now we know what to expect to get if it is carried out lol

Last edited by chav1; 23-06-2005 at 21:18.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2005, 22:25   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: in todays observer

I must have a proper read of that tomorrow. Busman told me about it at teatime and our joint reaction was "good for him! Pity about the fine"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2005, 22:59   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it would be wonderful if loads of anonymus people did the same with untraceable rubbish,just to show the gits.lol
Old 24-06-2005, 00:19   #4
I am Banned

if that ever happens can i light it please

me likes fire

especialy big fire
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 15:48   #5
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Good on him I say. You all know my opinion of the rubbish that was left at the bottom of my street which took 8 days to clear up. I still think it would have taken longer if the Carnival wasn't going to be passing by. Funnily enough there have been 3 black bags left from yesterdays collection. All 3 have stickers on them saying Trade Waste. Do they have a separate collection for trade waste? If so, why? Surely it would be more cost effective to collect the whole lot at once and save the refuse collectors having to make 2 pick-ups.

It appears that common sense does not prevail when it comes to refuse collection.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 16:02   #6
Resident Waffler

When I worked in the Bank we had "trade waste" stickers which we had to pay for and the rubbish would not be collected from the bank premises unless it had a sticker on. This was something to do with non-residential premises being charged more for their waste and chargeing us for the stickers was how they did it. It was always collected at the same time as everyone else's rubbish though.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 16:22   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
a man was fined £400 plus £300 costs for tipping some binbags in protest outside the enviromental office

l
What was he protesting about?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 18:23   #8
God Member

Incompetant refuse services.
Old 24-06-2005, 20:35   #9
Full Member+

Angry Re: in todays observer

There was also a letter from HBC`s TGWU shop steward defending the wheelie bin operatives, that they are only following orders ( Just like 1930`s Germany). But they refuse to work out a compromise with residents. If some scrote chucks bags of rubbish out into the back alley two days after collection date, so they can rot and fester.... that is fly tipping. If you put your excess rubbish, that you can`t fit in your wheelie bin, in a black bag next to your bin on collection day...that is being a responsible resident. If the bin men have`nt got the initiative to chuck an extra sack on the dust cart because of HBC`s rules and regulations then that is a pretty poor state of affairs

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..