Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 18:01   #1
Resting in Peace

Is Frank Field right or wrong

BBC News - MP thinks parenting GCSE could tackle 'toerag parents'
Is Frank Field Right or wrong
Old 10-08-2010, 18:07   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Is Frank Field right or wrong

Quote:
Parenting skills should be taught in schools
From what I remember they were taught in schools, thats why we had bike sheds.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 18:11   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree wi frank field would do no harm at all to learn parenting skills n how to handle money in particular. its all very well being able to add n subtract etc, handling is the key.
Old 10-08-2010, 18:28   #4
Beacon of light

While I think he made some sweeping generalisations, there is evidence to suggest that he is has a point.

I'm not sure that parenting skills can be taught at school. well not effectively anyway. i think very young children need to be in the presence of adults who have their interests at heart.
I think that by the time a child gets to school, patterns have already been set.
One of the biggest influences in a childs life is that of a father.(and OK. I know that this isn't always possible, and some single mothers do a sterling job...there are some who are absolutely 'pants')
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 18:52   #5
Senior Member+

Frank Field is a fairy left wing Labour MP so no one can accuse him of being a con-dem disciple.The Labour Government commisioned him to do a report on reforms to the Welfare State some years ago. It was a brilliant,honest,fair report with some excellent ideas.So of course the Labour Government immediatly rejected it and he was cast into the wilderness,made a pariah.He was never again asked by them for his opinions,never offered a cabinet post.
The con-dems would be wise to dig out that report and read it with his new one.At least THEY have had the sense to involve him.
If he was my MP I would vote for him and I'm NOT Labour.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 21:34   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Frank Field is a fairy left wing Labour MP
What he gets up to in his private life is totally irrelevant!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:35   #7
God Member

It's should be taken into account that Mr Fields investigations took place on Merseyside..so not much of a surprise that he came to the conclusion that parents are "toerags".. as for his harkin back to Victorian values.. now where have I heard that before? umm

Last edited by Mancie; 11-08-2010 at 02:39.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:27   #8
Give, give, give member

Bring back smacking.

Starting with the feckless breeders.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:39   #9
Junior Member+

I think they need to know how to play and enjoy their childhood before any parenting skill are to be learned.They also need to be disciplined. Spare the rod and ruin the child. There is no need to over do it though.
Young girls who get pregnant should be looked after by their families instead of getting hand outs .
My daughter started running away and ended up living with a young teen. She got pregnant and they got a £700 handout for pram etc. as none of them was working. WRONG , they should have struggled and been a lesson to their friends etc.. I must add ,she is working now and the children are in nursery. She still gets money from the state.
s.pollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:48   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.pollard View Post
I think they need to know how to play and enjoy their childhood before any parenting skill are to be learned.They also need to be disciplined. Spare the rod and ruin the child. There is no need to over do it though.
Young girls who get pregnant should be looked after by their families instead of getting hand outs .
My daughter started running away and ended up living with a young teen. She got pregnant and they got a £700 handout for pram etc. as none of them was working. WRONG , they should have struggled and been a lesson to their friends etc.. I must add ,she is working now and the children are in nursery. She still gets money from the state.
I think what you posted makes you a good parent.

People should be taught you get nowt for owt....or at least shouldn't do.

Parenting shouldn't be a state funded career option.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:09   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Bring back smacking.

Starting with the feckless breeders.
The Rindmasters back and Spot on
Old 11-08-2010, 09:15   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The Rindmasters back and Spot on
I'll remind you of this post, the next time I'm giving you a virtual happy slappin'.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:15   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'll remind you of this post, the next time I'm giving you a virtual happy slappin'.

No doubt
Old 11-08-2010, 16:43   #14
Senior Member+

Wynonie,couldn't work out what you were on about then suddenly it hit me.Nothing gets missed on here,does it?I wasn't speaking from personal experience and I hope he doesn't sue me.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 17:23   #15
God Member

We are the society that we have been programmed to be by design.
In the past 30 years we have had to contend with -

1. Poisonous fluoride which has damaged brain capacity
The fact that fluoride was used to 'dumb down' jews in the nazi camps should tell you something about that.

2. Deterioration in the quality of food - poorer health - you might live longer but is poor health really living?
Permitted bad practice on farms (pesticides and growth enhancers etc) and factory farms. Toxic food additives are allowed

3. Reduction in educational standards - where no child can be a loser = mass mediocrity

4. Media programming from TV
Soap operas show a seedy and often violent way of living which is accepted as the norm.
Note that whatever you watch is intended to condition your attitudes and behaviour.

5. Diversion tactics by media in general, where 'celebrities' with rather deviant lifestyles are featured heavily, in preference to news.

6. Installing a permenant fear status in the population.
by way of - exaggeration of terror threats and fear of violence (which you are convinced is the norm - see 4)

So we have a generation who is less than bright mentally, in poor health physically, who perceive the world as violent and threatening. All of which makes them more controllable when limitations to personal freedoms are proposed and implemented. They will put up with a lot of restrictions in order to feel 'safe', and lack the mental capacity to understand what is being done to them.

You may well ask why? - but that is too big a topic to discuss here - you could take the trouble to find out
.......if you have the energy and time, after 'fighting the world for a living'

Last edited by MargaretR; 11-08-2010 at 17:26.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..