Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2010, 18:30   #1
Resting in Peace

Born again Virgins

NHS pays for Brit Muslim virginity operations - Oneindia News
I don't really have problem with this, each to her own, but as for having the procedure done on the NHS at tax payers expense is a total nonsense, to say the least, when people are being denied life saving drugs for cancer and the like, this one thing which should not be available
Old 06-08-2010, 18:38   #2
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Born again Virgins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
NHS pays for Brit Muslim virginity operations - Oneindia News
I don't really have problem with this, each to her own, but as for having the procedure done on the NHS at tax payers expense is a total nonsense, to say the least, when people are being denied life saving drugs for cancer and the like, this one thing which should not be available
Is it me or have I got this wrong?,.....A virgin is someone who has NEVER had sex!, so replacing the hymen, to me, dosent make ya a virgin again!!, what a load of codswallop!
Old 06-08-2010, 18:41   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Is it me or have I got this wrong?,.....A virgin is someone who has NEVER had sex!, so replacing the hymen, to me, dosent make ya a virgin again!!, what a load of codswallop!
Exactly panther, and we're paying for it
Old 06-08-2010, 18:48   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

my reply to this would make em blush in oer 18s so silence is best.
Old 06-08-2010, 19:10   #5
Senior Member+

This is just total...............................

Cannot say, but dont agree with it for one minute
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 20:20   #6
Beacon of light

In 25 years as a nurse on the Gynae Unit I never saw this operation performed on the NHS....and my understanding of the situation is that most Muslim women who want this procedure performed, pay to have it done in the private sector........only those who can prove serious psychological trauma by being a non-virgin(is there such a thing?) get the operation on the NHS.

I would like to see the figures of how many of these ops have actually been performed.......I bet it isn't many.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 20:23   #7
Beacon of light

OK...looked at the figures.......116.....in the great scheme of things that isn't very many, well, not when you consider how many muslim women are currently living in this country.
Old 06-08-2010, 20:55   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
OK...looked at the figures.......116.....in the great scheme of things that isn't very many, well, not when you consider how many muslim women are currently living in this country.
point is to my mind though thats 116 too many. how many suffering from cancer n such things cannot get the drugs they need cos of expense. ok it wouldn't balance it out, but still it would be money spent better in other areas.
Old 06-08-2010, 21:12   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
point is to my mind though thats 116 too many. how many suffering from cancer n such things cannot get the drugs they need cos of expense. ok it wouldn't balance it out, but still it would be money spent better in other areas.

So there are at least 116 muslims that dont believe in muslim beliefs.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 21:25   #10
Beacon of light

Well of course, they are human, and subject to the desires of the flesh just like the rest of us......and it is OK for the men...there is nothing to test their virginity, but for a muslim woman it is a sin to have had carnal knowledge outside of marriage, and punishable by death....so called 'honour' killings. Brothers, uncles fathers..in fact any male relative feels it is their duty to absolve the sins of the girl by murdering her.

I would reckon that the 116 women who had this operation cited these thing to get it done on the NHS, but many others would raise the money somehow to have it done privately.

Muslim men can have their desires met, but women may not, because, due to physiology it is possible to tell if the woman has had previous experience....a very medieval concept.
Old 06-08-2010, 21:44   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Honour killings are illegal in this country, so that don't come into it, live here accept our rules/laws n thats fine wi me, don't n sod off. simple as.
Old 06-08-2010, 21:58   #12
God Member

Quote:
Honour killings are illegal in this country, so that don't come into it, live here accept our rules/laws n thats fine wi me, don't n sod off. simple as.

Though illegal there have been cases of it. As far as they are concerned it is do as I say not as I do.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 22:06   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Though illegal there have been cases of it. As far as they are concerned it is do as I say not as I do.
well aware of that spugs,whats annoying is the elders never remonstrate about these acts, least not that ive noticed, which i find shameful.
Old 06-08-2010, 22:10   #14
God Member

Quote:
well aware of that spugs,whats annoying is the elders never remonstrate about these acts, least not that ive noticed, which i find shameful.
They never will it suits them to keep things as they are. Control freaks that is all they are and they have selective sight and hearing.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:20   #15
Beacon of light

Quote:
Yes, of course they are, but they still happen.......the family 'torched' in Blackburn(wrongly) was a very recent incident.
But these honour killings do not always happen in this country. The errant women are often lured back to their country of origin(your grandma is ill...likely to die.....off goes the girl and is accosted not far from the airport and done to death).
I am not saying that I agree with these operations......I don't because repairing a perforated hymen does not make you a virgin again......but proof of virginity is required in a muslim marriage.......there has to be blood on the sheets to prove purity.
I am just explaining how the women come to get the operation done on the NHS.....but I have never seen one done in the quarter of a century that I worked on the gynae unit.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..