Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 08:33   #16
God Member

Re: Born again Virgins

I think it is the clash of cultures and wanting to have what we have while still honouring their religious obligations.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2010, 08:50   #17
Resting in Peace

I don't care what the argument is or that there are only 116 known operations have been carried out on the NHS, 1 is too many for me, its on the same lines as cosmetic surgery, if you want it pay for it
Old 07-08-2010, 08:56   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I don't care what the argument is or that there are only 116 known operations have been carried out on the NHS, 1 is too many for me, its on the same lines as cosmetic surgery, if you want it pay for it

I agree but the way the NHS is set up then if there are issues that are causing serious mental distress then they are duty bound to help. Even cosmetic surgery which at the end of the day it is. This will not change until there is reform of the NHS and its services.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:02   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
I agree but the way the NHS is set up then if there are issues that are causing serious mental distress then they are duty bound to help. Even cosmetic surgery which at the end of the day it is. This will not change until there is reform of the NHS and its services.
Muslim women know what the score is about virginity and Islam Suggs so if they chose to fly their kite, don't expect the British tax payer to pick up the bill for a repair job, to cover their infidelity, if its stress its self inflicted
Old 07-08-2010, 10:11   #20
God Member

Quote:
Muslim women know what the score is about virginity and Islam Suggs so if they chose to fly their kite, don't expect the British tax payer to pick up the bill for a repair job, to cover their infidelity, if its stress its self inflicted

Spot on if they play with fire they will be burned. It is probably the one thing that the race card cant be used for in case it raises questions. Ok it can break in many ways other than a bit of bed based exercise but that cuts no mustard with the men. I wonder if a Muslim doctor would refuse to do it on religious grounds?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:29   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I understand what you are saying Jay but does a 12/13 year old girl who is raped by her family really have to die?

I don't subscribe to that belief.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:31   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
I understand what you are saying Jay but does a 12/13 year old girl who is raped by her family really have to die?

Murdered to cover up their crime in the first place.

Its archaic brutal and inhuman to treat a female like a piece of meat. They probably take better care of their cars than women and girls.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:40   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post

Now your playing with semantics Beni, In this report there were no such cases mentioned, but centred on women trying to cover up there religious failings. Unfortunately the Male in the Islamic religion is all that matters, women are classed as second class citizens always to do their masters biding and always one step behind, something which should never be tolerated in today's society
Old 07-08-2010, 10:55   #24
God Member

Quote:
Now your playing with semantics Beni, In this report there were no such cases mentioned, but centred on women trying to cover up there religious failings. Unfortunately the Male in the Islamic religion is all that matters, women are classed as second class citizens always to do their masters biding and always one step behind, something which should never be tolerated in today's society
Yet they are allowed to get away with it. That really does irk me big time. Its the 21c not the 13c yet a blind eye is being turned as it would be seen as attacking their religion to try and eradicate this problem.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 11:31   #25

Some of these women may not have lost their virginity voluntarily!
kikine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:49   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikine View Post
Some of these women may not have lost their virginity voluntarily!
The bottom line is this kikine, its a religious thing not a health problem, the NHS is far from swimming in money and when sick people are being denied drugs because of cost, procedures such as this should not be undertaken on the NHS
Old 07-08-2010, 12:55   #27
Beacon of light

Quote:

But then you could apply that logic to lots of medical treatments......from the setting of broken bones from an alcohol fuelled fight, to the liver transplant needed by an alcoholic....these are self inflicted injuries but the NHS doesn't charge for them.....or for the treatment given at family planning clinic/Gum clinics(GUM=Genito-Urinary Medicine...what was known as the clap clinic).....you start discriminating on what the NHS will fund and where do you draw the line? After all, even some cancers come down to lifestyle choices....smoking and Lung cancer.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 13:02   #28
Beacon of light

Drug addicts are treated at great expense to the public purse.......perhaps we should also deny them treatment too....seeing as it is self inflicted.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 14:01   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
In 25 years as a nurse on the Gynae Unit I never saw this operation performed on the NHS....and my understanding of the situation is that most Muslim women who want this procedure performed, pay to have it done in the private sector........only those who can prove serious psychological trauma by being a non-virgin(is there such a thing?) get the operation on the NHS.

I would like to see the figures of how many of these ops have actually been performed.......I bet it isn't many.
I was going to write the same thing. Some breast reductions/enhancements are done on the NHS as a result of in depth psychological analysis as well as physical checks.

I'm guessing that in the past it isn't just muslims who have had this done as well, I reckon a few members of other faiths including christianity probably have as well!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 14:06   #30
Senior Member+

Are you telling me I may have been 'conned'?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..