Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2005, 00:00   #1
Always EVIL within us

Its "Nice to Ladies Week"

I had to laugh , Our Prime Minister is married to one of the biggest P.C. darlings of our time........and his policies DO tend to reflect this, but all of a sudden, women are being prioritised over men with not a squeak from Cherry Blair!

The government are considering putting pressure on councils to ensure that there are fewer obstructions to get in the way of baby buggies in our town centres, (I hope P. Britcliffe takes note.)

How do you feel about seperate areas for ladies on trains and BUSES! (Sorry sir, you can't get on. YES, I know there are seats available, but they are in the ladies section as defined by government)

Hair dryers to be fitted in every ladies loo,

Priority queuing at taxi ranks after 10 pm, (try explaining that to a drunk group of males!)

And creche facilities in night clubs for those mothers that want to dance the night away and return home at 03:00 slightly intoxicated) with their baby, jumping the taxi queue to get home safely.

These suggestions are being put forward by "The Womens Design Service." to the government, Oooh, I smell a quango.............
Old 23-08-2005, 00:25   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Its "Nice to Ladies Week"

i can suggest how to create fewer obstructions in town centres= bazooka the buggies. and my second suggestion is DISBAND the womens design service. women have come along way in society since i was young (and rightly so) these dumbos may just knock them back which would be a travesty.
Old 23-08-2005, 06:57   #3
mez
God Member

i agree with you cashman, who do they think they are........ its a monsterous idea the lot of it.
Old 23-08-2005, 11:00   #4
I am Banned

we cant win lol

we got to be even nicer to our fairer sex but if we dare hold a door open for them we are now male chahovanist pigs lol

yes i am aware of the huge spelling mistake above
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 11:09   #5
Give, give, give member

I'm not wholly in favour of all these proposals as I believe in equality for all regardless of gender, but some of them seem good ideas.

Buildings should be pram friendly as much as possible, just as they should be for wheel chairs. Men push buggies too, just not quite as much as women admitedly.

Some trains already have female only carriages, usually near the guard. If you are a young women working anti-social hours, and having to rely on public transport such as nurses, a place where yo can feel relatively safe is surely a good thing? How many stories have we seen of women being attacked or hassled whilst going about their business? Too many. We have quiet carriages without mobiles, so I don't see the problem. The existing female only carriages are only used off peak anyway, when women are more vunerable because it's quieter, so a man would never be refused a journey.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 15:40   #6
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
we cant win lol

we got to be even nicer to our fairer sex but if we dare hold a door open for them we are now male chahovanist pigs lol

i always say thankyou ,if someone opens a door ,i like to think a man is a gentleman ,ilike to think that my 3 sons all behave as such,,
Old 23-08-2005, 15:44   #7

i love it when a man hold a door open for me...it makes me feel special!! and as for this pc thing, its going a little bit too far. i think there should be safety measures added to protect people, not just women.
Old 23-08-2005, 19:15   #8
God Member

I too like it when gentlemen hold open a door for me, usually my partner when we're out, I agree with the buggy issue I think that benefits both parents, I agree with the train issue at night only, the creche in a nightclub I think is ridiculous as is jumping the queue for a taxi, hairdryer in ladies loo, well I think thats ok though there should be one in the mens as well!
Men can't win though can they, women want equality, but with priveliges.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 23:45   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
The government are considering putting pressure on councils to ensure that there are fewer obstructions to get in the way of baby buggies in our town centres, (I hope P. Britcliffe takes note.)
So our Government has decided that all babies are born to single mothers.
Old 23-08-2005, 23:47   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
So our Government has decided that all babies are born to single mothers.

yup...arent we glad we voted them into power eh??!!!
Old 24-08-2005, 00:01   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
i always say thankyou ,if someone opens a door ,i like to think a man is a gentleman ,ilike to think that my 3 sons all behave as such,,
As a male of a certain age (49 before you all start checking) I believe and hope I was brought up by my parents to be a gentleman. However what is the point of holding doors open for women with buggys. All I seem to get these days are dirty looks and snide remarks."was he looking down my top?" even though she had a polo neck jumper on was one of them. I ask you what do we gents have to do?
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2005, 09:18   #12
God Member

I aint including my wife in that, ok for all other women.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2005, 10:14   #13

All you decent blokes out there, please continue to be so, there aren't enough of you. Don't let certain muppets put youse off.
Old 24-08-2005, 10:20   #14
Give, give, give member

I do open doors for women, and also men if they look like they are struggling.

For seventeen years travelling on the London Underground, I also offered my seat if I was lucky enough to get one, to any woman who looked like she may appreciate it, and I never received a rebuff, and if I had have done I would have carried on regardless.

It's not sexist, it's called manners, and if people open a door for me I always thank them.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2005, 10:26   #15
I am Banned

as a regular pram pusher i feel qualified in this subject and have to agree that most pram pushers are a hazzard or an obstruction

for example pram pusher 1 meets fellow pram pusher 2 in home and bargain and instead of simply moving their prams to the side and stand behind them as to not take up the whole isle they proceed to abandon their prams where ever they may be at that particular time then park their bums in whatever little space their is left for other people to get past

not only does this prevent shoppers getting by but the situation worsens when pram pusher 3 arrives on the scene trying to get past but pram pushers 1 + 2 develop a severe hearing problem which after 3 attempts at been polite pram pusher 3 simply rams either pram pusher 1 or 2 in the ankle with their pram and makes out like it was an accident resulting in pram pushers 1+2 eventualy moving and once again the steady flow of shoppers resumes until another pair of dimwits come along and repeat the cinario again

CAUTION

do not ram chavs in the ankle they see it as part of their mating ritual and will buy you a bottle of WKD to make up for your attack and try sleeping with you or simply smash the bottle over your head
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..