Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2006, 18:36   #46
God Member

Re: Jumping on the bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Peter Britcliffe, the leader of our council, is in tonight's Lancashire Evening Telegraph saying how he and the Tories never wanted any version of it. Which if my memory serves me right is totally wrong, as they did support the initial idea, and were quoted in the press saying as much.

He then says how he is supporting his fellow councillors in the Ribble Valley who also don't want it. They comment at the end of the article that this is not the case.

Straws and clutching at, springs to mind.
Poor Peter what a bad memory. Maybe if he was a member we could keep him on the straight and narrow.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-04-2006, 18:41   #47
Beacon of light

What a surprise that our letters castigating PB didn't get into print...but those of PB's cronies did....It makes you wonder if our local paper operates some form of political bias.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 18:43   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
What a surprise that our letters castigating PB didn't get into print...but those of PB's cronies did....It makes you wonder if our local paper operates some form of political bias.
No political bias they just dont believe there are other parties.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-04-2006, 19:18   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
G jones, perhaps you should take all the money you can get then donate it to worthwhile local projects that can't get any or start your own. I'd never leave money in the pot if I can get it out, they'll only waste it.
It was considered but PB had challlanged those who objected to not take it. At then end of the year the allowances taken are published and I would not want someone who did not realise I had donated part of mine, getting the wrong impression. Its in black and white; 'I didn't taken em!'
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 15:22   #50
Give, give, give member

Just received a flyer from my local Councillor, Mr Britcliffe.

It doesn't really say very much. Infact it's a bit like one of those menus you see in Spain, were you point to a photograph of egg and chips.

The two centre pages just has pictures inside, including a CCTV camera, a dog doing a poo, and a flying saucer on what I presume is supposed to be the Coppice.

Now which coloured sack do I put waste paper in?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 16:39   #51
Beacon of light

My daughter was at the back of her door straightening her doormat when someone pushed one of these flyers through the letterbox....she immediately thrust the thing back, whereupon the guy knocked on her door and was about to put it into her hand....she said she didn't want his rubbish shoved through her letterbox, and that if he didn't want it he should dispose of it in a litter bin. He said 'I take it you won't be voting conservative then'...she said 'What do you think?'
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 22:38   #52
God Member

Collect them all and then post them to the council and see if they like their mail box full of rubbish.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..