Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2008, 11:32   #166
Resting in Peace

Re: Karma Award Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Good for you Jaysay.
But as less has stated if you had done a site search for Karma you would have found at least 20 threads on the subject.
Site search Mick, takes me all my time to press the post button never mind do a search
Old 18-06-2008, 11:57   #167
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post

Karma should be treated in the way it's intended, as a bit of fun
This is true dont loose sleep over it .
its like the Ackers just for fun
Old 18-06-2008, 12:12   #168
God Member

I don't usually agree with tin monkey but have to say to mick think it is unfair if a post is deleted because someone reported it. It should be checked by a moderator and if ok then left if breaking rules then deleted, otherwise the reporting of posts could be abused by people who may dislike others for whatever reason!!

as for karma... loving it

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 18-06-2008, 12:13   #169
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
iv had many a post removed that were well within the rules of accyweb but have been removed because of one person who decided that because they disagree with me my entire post shoud be removed regardless of how many people agreed with what i said
That does not sound right. The post must have been outside the rules or have been offensive to the reporter. I am sure you would not have a post/thread removed just because it was reported.
Old 18-06-2008, 16:48   #170
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Conserve Sandwich
No offence taken but it seems like there are some members who like to dish it out but cannot take it when I respond in kind.
So says the man who goes crying to the mods every time a post upsets him. Please Mr. Mick sir, they're picking on me again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Just for your infomation the heavy policed editing has been 1 post from the thread.
that was reported.
I wonder who posted it
I posted one that's been deleted.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Old 18-06-2008, 17:21   #171
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I posted one that's been deleted.
My post saying karma threads are so last season disappeared too.

Hardly offensive.

Miffed I posted it again, and it stayed this time.

Old 18-06-2008, 18:15   #172
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The film is terrible! The book is superb. The film ruined it.
I don't know about that, the rabid dog wasn't all that bad: a good piece of canine acting
Old 18-06-2008, 18:46   #173
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I don't usually agree with tin monkey
I can't say that I'd noticed.
Old 18-06-2008, 19:18   #174
Resident Waffler

Quote:

The karma system was put in place in the early days of Accyweb to help with the post count and it is working perfectly to this day

And look how well it works. Just look how many pages wouldn't have existed in this thread alone had it not been for the very existence of the karma system

Old 18-06-2008, 20:35   #175
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Karma Award Scheme

Quote:
Just for your infomation the heavy policed editing has been 1 post from the thread.
that was reported.
I wonder who posted it
I reported a post for the disgusting innuendo it contained and quite rightly it has been removed.

Of course having a post deleted won’t stop people from breaching the forum rules.

If the only sanction against rule breakers is deleting posts then it is akin to a slap on the wrist that most members complain about when a thug in the real world gets an ASBO. All a bit pointless really!

Maybe serious rule breaches like abuse etc should carry a suspension from the forum for a few days, a week, a few weeks, a month, a few months or permanent? Or maybe a 10% or 20% reduction in Karma? Yes I know, some people will just open another account but there is a rule to take care of that.

Rule 3 is breached in practically every thread and I doubt if many people know that rule 10 exists.

To help those who are not familiar with the forum rules or would like to refresh their memories have a look at http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...mer-29681.html
Old 18-06-2008, 20:39   #176
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
but yes it is frustrating when a perfectly decent posts gets removed because 1 person or 1 person and their buddy decide that your opinion or view isnt the same as theirs and gets your post removed
Posts don’t get removed because of a disagreement of an opinion but of the way the disagreement is made.
Old 18-06-2008, 20:40   #177
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yer at it again jim, yer acting like the gaffer, it aint your forum nor mine, if ya don't like the way its run the choice is yours.
Old 18-06-2008, 20:55   #178
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yer at it again jim, yer acting like the gaffer, it aint your forum nor mine, if ya don't like the way its run the choice is yours.
So making suggestions is acting like a gaffer is it?

Are members not entitled to offer suggestions or constructive criticism about the forum?

I make suggestions to my MP from time to time and so do thousands of other people to their MP’s and Councillors. Does that mean we are all acting like MP’s or Councillors?

No! Of course not.
Old 18-06-2008, 20:58   #179
Senior Member+

Just been thru this whole thread and there have been 2 posts removed by the mods, that's all, not just random heavy handed editing as we have been accused of.
Old 18-06-2008, 21:01   #180
Apprentice Geriatric

Now on a lighter note before I tuck into a Strawberry Gateaux or rather what is left of it after nibbling away for the last few days.

My thanks to Nickleson, cashy, shakermaker and one anonymous comment of “I love YouX” attached to a bundle of positive Karmas. I can’t remember if I missed out only me, so my thanks to you too.

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..