Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2008, 21:01   #181
God Member

Re: Karma Award Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Just been thru this whole thread and there have been 2 posts removed by the mods, that's all, not just random heavy handed editing as we have been accused of.
Replying to who?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Accrington Web
Old 18-06-2008, 21:15   #182
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
So making suggestions is acting like a gaffer is it?

Are members not entitled to offer suggestions or constructive criticism about the forum?

I make suggestions to my MP from time to time and so do thousands of other people to their MP’s and Councillors. Does that mean we are all acting like MP’s or Councillors?

No! Of course not.
seems that way to me when the same old hat is constantly repeated, can't see any other angle, when it is repeated it strikes me as constant critisism of the way the forums run, also a sly dig at the mods, if ya don't like me opinion tough, thats it.
Old 18-06-2008, 21:35   #183
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
seems that way to me when the same old hat is constantly repeated, can't see any other angle, when it is repeated it strikes me as constant critisism of the way the forums run, also a sly dig at the mods, if ya don't like me opinion tough, thats it.
Is it not time to put this to bed?

Old 18-06-2008, 21:36   #184
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Is it not time to put this to bed?
i thought that many pages back roy, but he will not let it rest.
Old 18-06-2008, 21:43   #185
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Karma Award Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i thought that many pages back roy, but he will not let it rest.
And neither will you.
Old 18-06-2008, 21:43   #186
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I make suggestions to my MP from time to time

I am surprised he still sees you. I bet he would rather lose your vote and not have to speak to you again.
Old 18-06-2008, 21:57   #187
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Karma Award Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I am surprised he still sees you. I bet he would rather lose your vote and not have to speak to you again.
Actually it’s a she and I have never seen her nor she me.

But as usual you have jumped to conclusions that turn out to be erroneous.

Some of us can still write letters.
Old 18-06-2008, 21:58   #188
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
And neither will you.
i dispute that, my last post on the subject was on Page5 post77, when i said 2 days ago thats the end of me, its you who has gone on @ on @on, i feel just as strongly about this as you do, so cos ya hadn't shut up i returned on post 177, so ya aint always right.
Old 18-06-2008, 22:01   #189
God Member

I think this thread has run its course.

The mods have said that karma is here for the duration.

The majority of people haven't got a beef with it.

That just about sums it up, I'd say.
Old 18-06-2008, 22:03   #190
God Member

maybe its time they closed this thread then?

and maybe they should ban all threads about karma?
Old 18-06-2008, 22:05   #191
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
maybe its time they closed this thread then?

and maybe they should ban all threads about karma?
Hear hear.
Old 18-06-2008, 22:06   #192
God Member

Here I stand, broken hearted...put it to bed and fart in peace in a single bed...just like Margaret. Who loves ya babe?

Old 18-06-2008, 22:15   #193
God Member

Why all the fuss about karma? Is it lifethreatening if you get some red? No didn't think so but if I was getting red karma to the extent that it upset me I would begin to think about what I was posting and how it came across. Maybe because I already sit back and think before I post there has only been a couple of red squares in my karma. The rules of the forum say any karma can be sent without a signature although I always sign mine. As for the comments, why not just get in touch with a mod if you find them offensive?? That is what the mods are there for to take care of any concerns we have. Life is to short to worry about things like karma IMHO.
Old 18-06-2008, 23:49   #194
Give, give, give member

When Gayle stopped writing her column in the Observer, and we then had the Moaning Old Codger column instead, I wonder whatever happened to him, when it proved very unpopular with the readers, and had to be dropped?

Old 19-06-2008, 07:33   #195
God Member

I agree with cashy here Jambutty, you do sound like you are attempting to have things changed, I guess everybody has an issue or two with things on the forum, but because we enjoy the rest of it, nobody complains, most would also not have the cheek to have a dig at roy or the mods for the good work they do, I recently heard one of the people on here making very nice comments about jambutty as a person, I dont envisage hearing any more anytime soon. ROYS SITE, ROYS RULES!! Live with it, or find a forum you like more and keep off this one.
Closed Thread

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..