Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2005, 11:13   #1
God Member

Let the wrongdoer tremble...We have an Action Plan!

It seems that those woefully inept but generally nice sorts; The Hynburn Community Safety Partnership, have been flexing their underdeveloped muscles again.

They have announced that, after considering the findings of last year's Audit of Crime and Disorder, and having wheighed the pro's and con's through many difficult and expensive partnership bonding sessions, they have come up with a three year action plan to make the borough a safer, nicer, more crime free place to live and work.

Doesn't that just make the cockles of your heart glow? It does mine, at least I think that's what it is, it could of course just be indigestion!

Apparently, their strategy document highlights a number of crime and anti-social behaviour issues within the borough that the partnership would be able to concentrate on.

The aims are to:

Reduce Crime across the borough, especially criminal damage, house burglary, vehicle crime and violent crime.

Errrm, hold on a moment! I recall only a couple of month's ago that Inspector Julian Platt of Accrington Police was quoted in the Observer as saying that such Crimes were already under control and were decreasing. Who are we to believe, the Partnership or the Police?

Reassure the public and reduce the fear of crime and anti-social behaviour, especially nuisance behaviour, dog fouling, litter and vandalism.

Personally I think this part of the strategy is heartily to be welcomed, since I live in fear and dread of someone allowing their dog to poo on the pavement or chuck macdonalds cartons in the street. I can't sleep at night for worrying about it. My hair is going grey and I am loosing weight!

Target and address issues in relation to prolific and other priority offenders.

Errrrmmmm, run that by me again???????

Reduce the harm caused by drug and alcohol misuse.

I take drugs to block out the awfulness of my life, I also drink for the same reason, does this mean that I am misusing these substances? And, if I am, what is the correct use for them?

Improve Partnership Development and increase voluntary and community engagement.

Hmmmm. I was always under the impression that "partners" were supposed to work together anyway, otherwise they were not partners. Voluntary and community engagement, with what or with whom is not specified.

Improve home security for victims of burglary and domestic violence.

Which used to be known as locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Improving the use of Anti Social Behaviour Orders.

Which would imply either that the Police are not are not handing enough of them out or that the ones they do hand out do not work - which is it?

And Finally... Using CCTV to tackle persistant dog fouling, criminal damage and other forms of anti-social naughtiness.

Apparently every dog in the borough is to be fitted with a cctv camera and it's bowel movements are to be recorded and matched with digital records of poo in inappropriate places. These are then to be placed before a Magistrate who will then slap an ASBO on the culpable canine, tickle it behind the ear, call it a naughty boy and then go up the park for a game of catch the stick.

I'll bet Doug and Sandra Hayes are fuming at being upstaged like this!

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 04-09-2005 at 11:16.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2005, 11:20   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Let the wrongdoer tremble...We have an Action Plan!

I pointed PB out to Chav in the pub last night, and we had to restrain him from going over and discussing some of the above concerns. He did have a word with him but wouldn't tell us what he had said!!!

Some of the above issues do need attention, and I'm sure we would all be critical of the council if they weren't being addressed.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 11:28   #3
God Member

I hope that whatever it was that Chav said contained plenty of expletives and pertinent observations about the idiot-in-chief's suitability for the job!
Old 04-09-2005, 11:58   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i knew chav was an ok guy,when i met him at the meet. lol
Old 04-09-2005, 14:50   #5
Resident Waffler

Yep, I really feel tons safer having read that. The litter which HBC binmen divert to my garden every fortnight has had me trembling in fear for months. Does this mean they too now will be up before the beak as "prolific and other priority offenders"?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 15:58   #6
God Member

I find it odd that the Hyndburn Community Safety Partnership should have taken nearly a year to come up with an action plan that is almost word for word the same as the recommendations of the Crime and Disorder Audit. There is absolutely NO NEW THINKING in it!
Two questions pose themselves:

1. Why has it taken so long for these bureaucratic half-wits to put this together?
2. How much has it cost us?
Old 04-09-2005, 17:44   #7
God Member

Sounds like a lot of soundbites, with no actual information, to me!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 18:26   #8
God Member

Thus it was reported in The Observer, together with a truly horrific photograph of the perpetrators.
Old 04-09-2005, 19:34   #9
God Member

Talking Re: Let the wrongdoer tremble...We have an Action Plan!

It reads like some the council would run out in a panic sstriken hurry and makes about as much sense. Hence 10 out of ten for effort but one out of ten for content well maybe two.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..